would adler be willing

53 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Obviously willing. Able is the question. I don't think there's any way he could handle it full time. Physically for one thing. Playing a 2.5 hour show of this intensity is a pretty tall order. He just doesn't look like he has much strength when he plays 2 songs, let alone 25. I don't think he would sound good at all on something like YCBM. Let's just pump the brakes a little here. It was an awesome moment, and it will be great if this continues like last night. But no way is the full time job ever gonna be all his again...

no, you could be mine is one of the couple where sorum really is awesome along with Double Talkin - frank sucks on both 

I think he already knows the Illusions stuff, he was going to record it with them before he was fired, so he probably came up with alot of  the drum parts himself.  The only problem is, would he be dependable enough to do such a thing?

I think it's a big thing that they brought him in, and not Matt Sorum to play a show with. 

23 hours ago, Asdiz said:

to learn uyi and chidem songs and become full-time drummer?  if there's one thing i could ask him it would be that question.  he's certainly capable - is he interested?

i think that steven will be involved again during the tour but no way could i see him being asked to be full time drummer

19 hours ago, fallglimmer said:

Frank is probably the drummer of Guns n Roses until he makes the choice not to be, be it by stepping down or saying something stupid in the press. 

being the drummer in GNR is not a matter of choice: you can't "choose" to be fitting for GNR. you just "are" or you "are not" and no one can change a damn fact about it. at the end of the day, Frank isn't fit for GNR, on so many levels, and never will be. He's as much entitled to the drum kit as you and me.

the situation today is, we are "forced" to accept frank as the drummer, cos Axl decided to, but the ears don't lie.

there is only man who is the drummer of GNR: Steven. anyone else is a fraud and a detraction.

Edited by action
  • Like 1

My drummer mate says there is nothing inherently complicated about the post-Adler Guns material. You lot act like Matt and the Nugnr drummers laid down incredibly complicated drum tracks, above and beyond Adler's addled mind, when in fact most of the stuff is fairly standard 4/4 rock drumming. There is no reason to believe Adler couldn't handle the Illusion stuff not to mention the Chinese stuff (if they insist).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

My drummer mate says there is nothing inherently complicated about the post-Adler Guns material. You lot act like Matt and the Nugnr drummers laid down incredibly complicated drum tracks, above and beyond Adler's addled mind, when in fact most of the stuff is fairly standard 4/4 rock drumming. There is no reason to believe Adler couldn't handle the Illusion stuff not to mention the Chinese stuff (if they insist).

Not to mention he has played on about half the Illusion songs already. Whether live during the 1980s, demos or rehearsals. Not as if it's alien to Adler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

The fact remains, he has physical limitations from his strokes. I'm sorry, but he's not the drummer he once was. I'm not saying that shit is complicated, I'm saying I don't think he has the power to do it justice in a live setting. Not to mention how he will handle being a "big rock star" again. 

Can't we be satisfied with a couple songs and see how that goes for fuck sake?

Edited by Fitha_whiskey

31 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

If trotting him out for a couple of songs makes everyone happy, okay, but there's no way Adler should be the full-time drummer. 

ok, let's check this post on fact-value, just for the hell of it. I'm going to presume some facts you made up here, since your statement lacks any apparent foundation whatsoever.

=> he was a former drug addict, and none of his bandmates have a drug history. oh, wait....

=> ah, it's because he doesnt do justice to the songs eh? 

=> or maybe you mean he can't perform a complete show anymore these days? 

nope. all of the above is found untrue. 

conclusion: i'm sorry buddy. your post makes as much sense as pitman on a drinking binge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

The fact remains, he has physical limitations from his strokes. I'm sorry, but he's not the drummer he once was. I'm not saying that shit is complicated, I'm saying I don't think he has the power to do it justice in a live setting. Not to mention how he will handle being a "big rock star" again. 

Slash has the heart of an 80 year old and needs a pacemaker.

Duff's pancreas has the size of a peanut these days

Axl needs to lose at least a potato bag's weight in pounds.

meanwhile, Steven looks like this (while frank is making a travesty of songs like RQ and screwing up concert after concert):

13620334_511267052415538_706187914143605

Yep, Steven is the only one having physical limitations.

Edited by action

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

He sounds alright to me - infact his drumming is of an identical quality to his drumming in the '80s. The stroke seems to have only impeded his speech, not his drumming abilities.

Well to many - myself included - he is the GN'R drummer so Frank will always be the elephant in the room, and there will always be a sense that this reunion is not quite as good as it can be, so long as Adler and Stradlin are absent. That is just the way it is if you believe the Appetite line-up to be definitive, and all other line-ups poor substitutes.

But the Adler appearance is the best thing since The Troubadour show: it is a sign in the right direction.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, action said:

Slash has the heart of an 80 year old and needs a pacemaker.

Duff's pancreas has the size of a peanut these days

Axl needs to lose at least a potato bag's weight in pounds.

meanwhile, Steven looks like this (while frank is making a travesty of songs like RQ and screwing up concert after concert):

13620334_511267052415538_706187914143605

Yep, Steven is the only one having physical limitations.

They're physical problems don't affect their  performance in my opinion. Some may argue Axl, but he's as good as you can expect at 54. Adler has clearly lost something in his playing to me due to his. Not a popular opinion, I know.  Again, I love the guy and happy for him & us. I prefer Frank for the future. 

I don't want to say anymore on the topic, cuz it's bumming me out. 

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

They're physical problems don't affect their  performance in my opinion. Some may argue Axl, but he's as good as you can expect at 54. Adler has clearly lost something in his playing to me due to his. Not a popular opinion, I know.  Again, I love the guy and happy for him & us. I prefer Frank for the future. 

I don't want to say anymore on the topic, cuz it's bumming me out. 

ok, let me get this straight. you think frank does MORE justice to the songs than Steven then?

23 hours ago, default_ said:

Some people seem to forget that most of the Illusions material already existed prior the recordings.

Gosh, Steven even started to record the album with Civil War, there are dozens of demos or live versions of pretty much every song on Illusions with Steven on it.

The guy probably doesnt need to learn anything because he created most of that shit, Matt just made his own arrangements.

Some forget that he couldn't play much of the material.

We might want to break out Stevens interviews right before reunion announced, he said many times Duff doesn't think he's a good drummer.

Now again this was all Stevens words. And perhaps drugs played a huge part in why he couldn't evolve his drumming, but not even a year ago Steven at least thought, assumed or something they didn't like his drumming. I believe he even said Slash won't hang out with him.

It was great being there and him playing a few songs. Stevens awesome but I don't see him back full time. It's risky for them all.

They all seemed to enjoy having him there.

Edited by BOSSY78
added

4 hours ago, action said:

being the drummer in GNR is not a matter of choice: you can't "choose" to be fitting for GNR. you just "are" or you "are not" and no one can change a damn fact about it. at the end of the day, Frank isn't fit for GNR, on so many levels, and never will be. He's as much entitled to the drum kit as you and me.

the situation today is, we are "forced" to accept frank as the drummer, cos Axl decided to, but the ears don't lie.

there is only man who is the drummer of GNR: Steven. anyone else is a fraud and a detraction.

and Frank IS the drummer of Guns. Axl isn't going to fire him.

3 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Ok please  explain  how these  physical limitations  of  his  have  any effect on  his  drumming.

2 hours ago, action said:

ok, let's check this post on fact-value, just for the hell of it. I'm going to presume some facts you made up here, since your statement lacks any apparent foundation whatsoever.

=> he was a former drug addict, and none of his bandmates have a drug history. oh, wait....

=> ah, it's because he doesnt do justice to the songs eh? 

=> or maybe you mean he can't perform a complete show anymore these days? 

nope. all of the above is found untrue. 

conclusion: i'm sorry buddy. your post makes as much sense as pitman on a drinking binge.

I'll go with these - 

He was fired a quarter of a decade ago, for reasons he brought upon himself, and spent the time since ranting and raving, blaming everyone but himself, while occasionally making a fool of himself and proving their decision to fire him to be the correct one. He, himself, had done nothing to to suggest he should be part of GNR in 2016, the only reason he was even considered is because Slash and Duff were back. I don't think he deserves it.

The guy's shown zero ability to remain sober for any prolonged period of time. Last time he was given an opportunity (to tour with Duff's Loaded) he went off on a bender. He can't be trusted to be the drummer on a large scale tour like this and in the grand scheme of things he's not important enough to go through the hassle of plan b's and safety net's to keep him on track.

Yes, Slash has a drug history. Do you think Adler and Slash are of equal importance to a GNR reunion? To the casual fans making up like 90% of the audience, not the 10% that follow GNR on message boards.

Guesting on a couple of Appetite songs is the perfect role for him. He didn't even record Illusions and beyond so I don't get why people think he's entitled to those songs too. He's fine in a limited role but there are numerous valid reasons why Steven Adler isn't going to be the touring drummer for a stadium tour in 2016. 

5 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I do agree with this. He doesn't have the same groove & power he used to. Love the guy, his my favourite drummer, but his playing way differently after the last overdose. He's playing better now than he did a few years back though, so that means he could improve. 

4 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

Some forget that he couldn't play much of the material.

We might want to break out Stevens interviews right before reunion announced, he said many times Duff doesn't think he's a good drummer.

Now again this was all Stevens words. And perhaps drugs played a huge part in why he couldn't evolve his drumming, but not even a year ago Steven at least thought, assumed or something they didn't like his drumming. I believe he even said Slash won't hang out with him.

It was great being there and him playing a few songs. Stevens awesome but I don't see him back full time. It's risky for them all.

They all seemed to enjoy having him there.

The guy is a drummer and can play everything GNR released if he wants to, GNR isnt hard to play even for beginners. The main issue other members had with him was because of drug abuse that went so far that affected his senses and playing. 

This is "just" rock n' roll, there isnt need for a fucking machinegun drumming playing lightspeed like all these whatever metal bands have these days.