11/04/16 - Buenos Aires, AR - River Plate Stadium

alfierose

3 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Cwf-FO4XUAAej-G.jpg

I needed some happy pics to look at cause this thread has given me a damn headache....

It's the happy pics that hurt the most. Poor guy was out there with guys he considers irreplaceable and they give him one song and send back in the replacement.

I know Axl hates that so many people are behind Steven bc he wants to legitimize Frank as the drummer but at the same has done nothing to make that happen in terms of making Frank part of a gnr album....so really this whole situation is dumb. Steven should be there the whole way unless Axl can get an album out soon

The only way I can defend Steven not being out there more is possibly the way the contracts were made was Steven would be  entitled to a full pay day if he does more than 2 songs. Or whatever the case may be. 

Knowing Axl there are legal complications to this and that's the reason Steven's role is limited. You know the typical BS

3 hours ago, Mr. Dude said:

Yeah, but by your logic the stones should have disbanded when Brian jones was fired. 

That analogy doesn't really work, does it, as Jones was stoned and - within a few weeks - quite deceased? More to the point, and for those two aforementioned reasons, Brian Jones was not guesting at his own band's reunion show. Besides, the Stones dumped most of the Jones era material from their setlists during the Mick Taylor era.

What we are discussing here is a pivotal member guesting on circa 1/8 songs and exiting the stage, when he is obviously present at the venue and compos mentis (his one song vouching for this) for the remaining seven songs, which are then played by an unpopular guy, a holdover from an unpopular era, with no connection with that revered album!

It is a rather odd scenario to say the least.

Or to put it another way, by the merest slight-of-hand (the removal of whatever it is that is keeping Adler from something more substantial?), you could quite easily have 4/5s of the Appetite band playing most of the Appetite album for the first time since 1989! A nearly - nearly due to still being thoroughly Izzyless - 'dream scenario', the reunion of the Appetite band, is almost within touching distance yet they are delivering-up minor cock teases.

To think you could so easily hear that Brownstone thump and that Rocket Queen groove again, after decades of misuse by the wrong hands?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

i am going to enjoy every second of it and not waste my precious time whining like a bitch about unimportant shit.

But that's what you keep doing over and over about posters who have a different opinion than you. 

Why not just post your opinion without constantly insulting other posters? Your opinion is no more valid than anybody else's. 

1 hour ago, sanity_lost said:

@Slash787

Thanks for posting the videos! It is quite possibly the best contribution to the thread since before the concert started.

Agreed. Thank you @Slash787

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

It's a shame these shows aren't getting record for a live DVD... 

This kind of crowd and type of situation (after 23 years) is IRREPLACEABLE!! 

Yeah some of those crowd scenes would be insane.

Edited by Kasanova King

2 minutes ago, Apollo said:

But that's what you keep doing over and over about posters who have a different opinion than you. 

Why not just post your opinion without constantly insulting other posters? Your opinion is no more valid than anybody else's. 

Pretty much this. 

3 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

My god! People are not complaining about some silly things. I think I've read every single page of this thread and don't recall people complaining about the setlist (not even about The Seeker) or even about Axl's voice like in the previous show.

There was basically one complaint and it's totally fine if you have a different opinion but you have to be a complete fucking idiot to not understand how some (many) people feel about it. If the band didn't bring Steven, then fine, it was gonna be another show without him, too bad but let's focus on what we have. But they did bring him, the crowd was over the motherfucking moon because he was here (there was even a Steven chant way before he came out, people were really excited about his presence) and then they didn't let him play at least a second song, a song that WE ALL KNEW THEY HAD FN' SOUNDCHECKED! Is it that hard to understand people being upset? Seriously?

This post is not against the band at all, but some posters. These threads get long and tiring because you fail to respect other people's feelings and opinions every single time. I understand there's only so many times people can say "oh no, The Seeker again" but this was different.

Personally, I posted in my "review" that I was disappointed at what they did to Steven and at the same time said it was the best show of my life and that I couldn't be happier. On the same line, people who are watching the shows on periscope obviously love the band and are really happy to see 3 of the guys together, they wouldn't be wasting their time every few days (and some not sleeping or going to bed extremely late) otherwise, so we don't need to be reminded all the time that we should be happy that Slash and Axl are back together, because WE OBVIOUSLY ARE!!

There are always gonna be some complaints because nothing is perfect. GNR ain't perfect, neither are their actions or performances. So, as this is a forum, people will continue to mention what are the things they don't like or they disagree with. Now everytime you feel entitled to criticize other people because they have an opinion you don't like or because they just don't find everything to be perfect, that's when the threads are gonna get really long and hardly bearable.

LIVE AND LET DIE

Wow. 

One of the best posts in forum history. 

This should be mandatory reading for new posters. And for those who continually complain about other people complaining.

Well done. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, valengf said:

people i need help, should i go to campo vip or to the 'platea' (where you are sitting)???

How can we help you with that? That's simply up to each person's preference. I go to campo vip because I love being as close as possible and going crazy during certain songs. Gotta tell you it's really tiring, though (but you can also stay more at the side where it's calmer). Maybe that's what you want or maybe you'd prefer to be confortable, sitting and listening to the music without people pushing you and stuff like that.

I read campo vip is sold out, though.