11/04/16 - Buenos Aires, AR - River Plate Stadium

alfierose

5 hours ago, ironmt said:

There has been more songs added and discontinued on this tour than on the Use Your Illusion Tour, so I am not sure how you came to the conclusion that once you have seen one show you have seen them all.

Get your facts straight.  You couldn't be more wrong.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Well, the show was fn' unbelievable!! I somehow managed to survive (the first 20 minutes were WILD!).

Axl sounded amazing, gave a great show and seemed to put all his heart when singing Coma, it was awesome.

Duff was everyfuckingwhere! You could see he was having a blast, jumping and interacting with the crowd a lot. He just rocks!

Slash was again the king of the show, it was ridiculous! His playing was brilliant throughout the entire gig but his attitude was even better. Seeing him running around, dancing and jumping was just amazing. During Paradise City, he was singing his chorus ("where the girls are fat and they've got big titties") and even did a boobs gesture. I could totally see how happy and excited he was and that made me happy as well. Slash is a fn' monster!

Steven was completely wonderful. Even though they only let him play one song, he brought all his beautiful energy and it was magical. I think what the band did was cruel to him and to us fans as we were making it clear how much we love Steven, screaming for him like there was no tomorrow. At the end of the show, when the band was gonna do the vow, Steven came out with a football/soccer ball and kicked it into the crowd. What can I say? He rocked Out Ta Get Me and he's an incredible human being! Really hope they won't be such dickheads to him tomorrow, it's completely awful and unnecesary and today it was the only thing that prevented the show from being perfect.

Overall it was a sick show! I got to see GNR playing Coma and got to see Steven with them. I'm dead tired now (5 am here in Argentina!) and I gotta get some rest 'cause I'm doing it all again tomorrow, but I can't leave without saying this was the best show I've ever seen! I love this band with all my heart, it sucks that tomorrow is the last show for me but at the same time, whether they do 3 shows or 30 here in Argentina, I could never have enough of Guns N' Roses.

Good night, guys! :headbang:

Thank you for posting your review. I always enjoy these insights from people who attended. 

Hope tomorrows show is even better!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I am honestly disappointed how Steven is being treated, just one song? are you kidding me? He came all the way to Argentina for one song? 

You I know I am happy that Izzy is not there cause honestly he doesn't deserves just playing one song in his own band. 

Its not about Steven or Izzy, its about all 5 of them cause as a fan, all 5 of them are equally important for me. 

Wouldn't you be pissed if they let Ashba play all the songs in front of Slash and he just played Out Ta Get Me? 

I really feel bad for Steven, I know how hard it would be for him cause when Axl and Slash were fighting, he was the one crying for a reunion and now when it happened, he just gets to play one song. 

Sometimes I think money is more important than friendships for these people, its a show business anyways, sadly the GN'R which I knew which made an amazing album called Appetite for Destruction was not about money, it was just about music. 

Those 5 guys living in with friends, girlfriends, managers, they din't have a place to stay, they din't have food to eat, but they still stuck with each other in those hard time to write a master piece like AFD. 

Do people like you know WHY he only played one song? Do you know what was discussed? Whose decision it was? No? Then keep quiet.

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I am honestly disappointed how Steven is being treated, just one song? are you kidding me? He came all the way to Argentina for one song? 

You I know I am happy that Izzy is not there cause honestly he doesn't deserves just playing one song in his own band. 

Its not about Steven or Izzy, its about all 5 of them cause as a fan, all 5 of them are equally important for me. 

Wouldn't you be pissed if they let Ashba play all the songs in front of Slash and he just played Out Ta Get Me? 

I really feel bad for Steven, I know how hard it would be for him cause when Axl and Slash were fighting, he was the one crying for a reunion and now when it happened, he just gets to play one song. 

Sometimes I think money is more important than friendships for these people, its a show business anyways, sadly the GN'R which I knew which made an amazing album called Appetite for Destruction was not about money, it was just about music. 

Those 5 guys living in with friends, girlfriends, managers, they din't have a place to stay, they din't have food to eat, but they still stuck with each other in those hard time to write a master piece like AFD. 

Yeah...it sucks...immensely!!

But... if Steven gets to play 2 songs tonight then it's OK.. If not, then something is really fucked up!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

Just.. HOLY FUCK. Crowd is just insane..!

Maybe some of you here take this as an example to respect what you (we) have at this moment rather than bitchin' and whining all the time.

They deny Izzy his righteous stake in the band and money-wise, they let Steven guest one (1!) song in his own band ... and you want to talk about respect ???

I think I'll continue to bitch and whine all the time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

They deny Izzy his righteous stake in the band and money-wise, they let Steven guest one (1!) song in his own band ... and you want to talk about respect ???

I think I'll continue to bitch and whine all the time.

I agree it's kinda fucked up. Like I don't know why just one tune but anyway, what's wrong with saying it sucks Steven got to play 1 fuckin' tune?

He flew over there if I understand correctly. Thousands of people really happy he is there, and he sounds great. 2 songs were not enough, now he played 1. I'm happy about the state of Gn'R currently, at least live. Axl's vocals are weak right now but I think he was never consistent anyway so it will hopefully improve.

But the thing with Steven I think, is that Axl decides. If he wants him there for 5 tunes, no one can really do shit about it. It looks like he doesn't even want Steven there for half a song if I'm given the freedom to jump to conclusions.

This sucks. This really sucks I want more Steven, not less. I didn't think him playing all of AFD was realistic, but 1 tune? come on now. It ain't right. He's so happy to be there. Let Steven fuckin' play. 3 tunes ain't gonna harm shit.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I agree it's kinda fucked up. Like I don't know why just one tune but anyway, what's wrong with saying it sucks Steven got to play 1 fuckin' tune?

He flew over there if I understand correctly. Thousands of people really happy he is there, and he sounds great. 2 songs were not enough, now he played 1. I'm happy about the state of Gn'R currently, at least live. Axl's vocals are weak right now but I think he was never consistent anyway so it will hopefully improve.

But the thing with Steven I think, is that Axl decides. If he wants him there for 5 tunes, no one can really do shit about it. It looks like he doesn't even want Steven there for half a song if I'm given the freedom to jump to conclusions.

This sucks. This really sucks I want more Steven, not less. I didn't think him playing all of AFD was realistic, but 1 tune? come on now. It ain't right. He's so happy to be there. Let Steven fuckin' play. 3 tunes ain't gonna harm shit.

This was the single most sensible thing anyone has said in this entire thread. Thank you!

9 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I just think it is so easy for us to set ourselves up for disappointment. It would be cool for Steven to play more than 2 (or in this case 1) songs, hell even taking over the duties on drums for most of the tunes he originally played on. But we have to be realistic: it is most likely not going to happen.  Never say never, but there is a good chance these tiny appearances are the most of what will be made of it. Like it or not, that is the hard truth and what common sense lays out for us (although never say never)

For me I would rather focus on what we ARE getting rather than everything under the sun we can think of that we aren't getting.  We have Slash, Axl, and Duff back. Axl is sounding great, the setlist is a great collection of tunes, and the tour is all in all going fairly well.  All is good in GNR world right now.  The crowd tonight most likely left happy just like every other crowd on every show of the tour so far

Axl's sounding great? Lol

Not so long ago we thought Axl and Slash would never be on the same stage. They made it.

All these years we NEVER-EVER thought Steven would have even a guest appearence on Axl's side. He made it.

Let's appreciate what we have this year.

Steven is so happy being there just for 1 song.And I am happy about it. 1 song with Steven is better than a no Steven. Plus, there is a second show in Buenos Aires i think,so he may play again 1 or more.

Peace and love to everyone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Except this time they got less. It's not like Steven played more songs and people started complaining.

Life doesnt owe you anything. Neither do GNR or Steven. Why would you waste so much energy in getting fed up about things, when there is so much greatness to enjoy? 

8 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

We don't know the details.  It's very possible the promoter had to pay Adler's fee (or take it out of his cut) and only paid him for one song.  Or maybe they weren't planning on playing "My Michelle" and that's the only other song they practiced with Adler.  We don't know. Unless someone knows specifics, doesn't make a lot of sense to speculate.

Yeah dude, don't speculate.

I find it funny that Axl is being indicated as the only culprit by some of you, while it's clear to me it's not the case, it is kinda bullshit that Steven played only on one song (yeah, we don't know why but one song is pitiful) but the big three are all together in the jerkiness.

Other than that, everything sounds very good and the audience was very enthusiastic, always fun to watch.