11/04/16 - Buenos Aires, AR - River Plate Stadium

alfierose

I was fuckin there!!! A lot of emotions going con there... The crowd was amazing and for many ppl it was the first time to ser them 2gether like me! They were a bit late because we were getting crushed right in front of the vip section ... But when they started man that was the real shit! Live Axl sounds great.. I don't know in the rest of the stadium but with thousands of ppl around you signing what you heard was great! He was really spot on! You know you have to watch it live! Even paradise city you all whine about live was the bomb seriously ... Strong setlist ... But axl come on one song only with steven?? Besides that it was awesome! The band sounds tight and Slash is a monster seriously but i don't know Axl is hypnotizing man... And watch them share laughs and things like that 10 feet from me it was toó much. Now i can say i saw Guns N Roses and it was magical

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

Adler is not the drummer for Guns N'Roses.

You shouldn't expect him to be treated as if he is the drummer for Guns N'Roses.

Guest appearances aren't for 1/3 of the setlist. 

They easily could have left him out all together because nobody outside of those talking about him on this forum really care if Adler's there at all. 

That's not true at all. 

I post at a couple other music forums that aren't GnR related and the overwhelming consensus is that this tour is just for Axl/Slash/Duff to fill their bank accounts and that is isn't a reunion because Adler and Izzy aren't there. 

Gnr fans will go see three of the classic lineup and say it's the greatest thing that ever happened in the history of the world. Grown men will say they cried watching Slash share a stage with Axl. GnR forum fans will say Axl sounds great. GnR forum fans will justify every action that Axl makes. 

But if you check out non-GnR forums the general opinions are 180 degrees opposite from what GnR-diehards are saying. 

Which is totally understandable. Justin Bieber fans think he is perfect. Lady Gaga fans think she is perfect. It's normal. 

But to say that nobody outside of the forum cares about Izzy and Adler not being there is ludicrous. Because that's the main complaint out there. Along with the ticket prices. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Without reiterating what's already been said but... 1 song for Steven SUCKS!!! It's utterly unfair to him.... Hoping to see 2 songs from him on second show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But... what more sucks.....is

WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR SLASH AXL AND DUFF TO LET STEVEN STAND AMONG THEM WHEN THEY BOW??

I cannot even...

I am amazed no one is talking about this....!!!!!! The second part I mean...

• Like 2

Just now, action said:

:facepalm:

do you REALLY have to spoil EVERY show steven appears on?

I'm talking to those who routinely whine when Adler shows up that whatever he did wasn't enough. 

He doesn't play half the set list because he's not in the band.

He doesn't take his bow front and center because he's not in the band.

He does guest appearances, the whole show isn't going to be Steven Adler Appreciate Night. 

6 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I'm talking to those who routinely whine when Adler shows up that whatever he did wasn't enough. 

He doesn't play half the set list because he's not in the band.

He doesn't take his bow front and center because he's not in the band.

He does guest appearances, the whole show isn't going to be Steven Adler Appreciate Night. 

Would you agree that Steven accomplished more in GnR than the other four drummers have?

Do you think that the reason Axl has had a revolving door of drummers is because he keeps searching for a guy who can replicate Adler's sound?

Do you agree that Adler played an important role in creating the sound that made Appetite one of the greatest rock albums of all time?

Do you understand why fans of Guns n Roses would love to see an original member back playing with the band? The joy of seeing Slash back. The joy of seeing Duff back. Surely you understand why fans would prefer the entire band reunite and not just half of it. Yes?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Well, the show was fn' unbelievable!! I somehow managed to survive (the first 20 minutes were WILD!).

Axl sounded amazing, gave a great show and seemed to put all his heart when singing Coma, it was awesome.

Duff was everyfuckingwhere! You could see he was having a blast, jumping and interacting with the crowd a lot. He just rocks!

Slash was again the king of the show, it was ridiculous! His playing was brilliant throughout the entire gig but his attitude was even better. Seeing him running around, dancing and jumping was just amazing. During Paradise City, he was singing his chorus ("where the girls are fat and they've got big titties") and even did a boobs gesture. I could totally see how happy and excited he was and that made me happy as well. Slash is a fn' monster!

Steven was completely wonderful. Even though they only let him play one song, he brought all his beautiful energy and it was magical. I think what the band did was cruel to him and to us fans as we were making it clear how much we love Steven, screaming for him like there was no tomorrow. At the end of the show, when the band was gonna do the vow, Steven came out with a football/soccer ball and kicked it into the crowd. What can I say? He rocked Out Ta Get Me and he's an incredible human being! Really hope they won't be such dickheads to him tomorrow, it's completely awful and unnecesary and today it was the only thing that prevented the show from being perfect.

Overall it was a sick show! I got to see GNR playing Coma and got to see Steven with them. I'm dead tired now (5 am here in Argentina!) and I gotta get some rest 'cause I'm doing it all again tomorrow, but I can't leave without saying this was the best show I've ever seen! I love this band with all my heart, it sucks that tomorrow is the last show for me but at the same time, whether they do 3 shows or 30 here in Argentina, I could never have enough of Guns N' Roses.

Good night, guys! :headbang:

Thanks for the review.

Edited by ksks12

8 hours ago, swishtz said:

This is just a classic, I will regurgitate something with absolutely no real evidence, you are entirely wrong about Melissa.... This entire thread is so fucking whiny and pathetic on the most parts. Most of you and your little theoretical insights are talking the biggest pile of shit I've ever heard. Get some perspective on this thing and maybe spend a little less time in front of the computer. I can't be bothered to read any more of this drivel,in this once again, hijacked thread.

My bad if that's not true about Melissa...was just a guess and speculation on my part.  I was just going on what was reported a while ago that she was friends with Slash's gf or something along those lines....could have been misreported, I guess... not a huge deal.  And I was only using it as an example....but you're right, I probably shouldn't state things without evidence....and I usually don't.

I actually agree with you about the whining, etc....I've been a proponent of the way the band has done these shows, fine with the setlists,...etc....I was pointing out that Slash and Duff aren't just "replacements" as some others seem to think.  That's all. 

Edited by Kasanova King