Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Edit: I wasn't ignoring your @... I've been outta town and not on the forum much in the last week, so just getting round to commenting now.

Ok....I will make the same joke or use of sarcasm about anyone who I feel "worthy" of my pithy comment, as I have done many times on here...it's not that they are Brazilian that is anything to do with it, it's what they do for the band (or not) and how they represent or hold back certain things...(at least it seems at times) - just a perception...so many are always quick to be quite negative towards them, especially when frustrating things happen, like vinyl delays and court cases...but we don't know the full story and if they have a play or not...BUT it's always a fair assumption that, when you don't have a professionally experienced management and PR team working for you and what could only be described as makeshift MGMT...you are more liable to have issues and fuckups....they're referred to as "Axl's family" and I'm truly glad he has them and I'm sure they're loving people to him....but as to how it affects us - product and management elements...well, it's always known that folk that put family on the payroll, usually don't do it for competence reasons...

I wasn't referring to them as "The Brazilians" as a collective put down because of nationality, more as a quick collective term than to label them all individually...so sorry, it may have been poorly worded and misinterpreted as a slight on Brazil as a full entity. It's them (at times) I have questions of competence for...not anyone that is of any region. We can all say things in the moment, it's important to reflect on words...especially typed, that we think less of. I love your input here and guitar work, so let's move forward nicely, I hope... @Voodoochild

It's all good man. I understand and from my part, there's no bad blood at all. Let's move forward indeed and thanks for being respectful in your answer. :) 

• Like 2

On 11/17/2023 at 3:57 PM, Ratam said:

Who is it woman Birthday? Maybe someone of business music? Plus it guy narrate a nice story about Axl.

As a Cozy Powell fan and a Guns n Roses fan this story has left me bemused. The rumour is that Cozy Powell played drums on Superstition, not Jeff Beck. But Cozy Powell was playing in Jeff Beck's band at the time. 

Cozy Powell toured with GnR while he was in Brian May's band so I wonder if that is where Axl heard this story from (from Cozy himself), but over the last 30 years he has mixed up Jeff Beck and Cozy Powell???

• Wow 1

41 minutes ago, BellaRogers said:

As a Cozy Powell fan and a Guns n Roses fan this story has left me bemused. The rumour is that Cozy Powell played drums on Superstition, not Jeff Beck. But Cozy Powell was playing in Jeff Beck's band at the time. 

Cozy Powell toured with GnR while he was in Brian May's band so I wonder if that is where Axl heard this story from (from Cozy himself), but over the last 30 years he has mixed up Jeff Beck and Cozy Powell???

As I have understood it from these and some other articles I've read, Stevie Wonder himself played the drums on the released track, but he had previously jammed it with Beck on drums and there's an unreleased demo of it.

https://eu.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/brian-mccollum/2023/01/13/stevie-wonder-reflects-on-the-late-jeff-beck-a-great-soul/69802076007/

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/jeff-beck-talks-eric-clapton-rivalry-and-what-motown-taught-him-628010/

I guess there may be a third version with Jeff Beck's band with Cozy Powell playing. Or maybe Cozy played on the unreleased Stevie Wonder/Jeff Beck demo?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, BellaRogers said:

Maybe Axl recall bad?  Seem like a puzzle. 

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

Maybe Axl recall bad?  Seem like a puzzle. 

I think Axl has just read the story about Stevie Wonder and Jeff Beck jamming, and Jeff coming out with the drum part. And because of that story many people think that it's Jeff Beck on the track on the Stevie Wonder album (even wikipedia says it). But it's probably wrong and Stevie Wonder plays drums on it. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I think Axl has just read the story about Stevie Wonder and Jeff Beck jamming, and Jeff coming out with the drum part. And because of that story many people think that it's Jeff Beck on the track on the Stevie Wonder album (even wikipedia says it). But it's probably wrong and Stevie Wonder plays drums on it. 

Oh!, i was think Axl know it of first hand, look he knew same us knew.... = nothing :lol:

18 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Axl Rose with Christian Horner (Team Principal of the Red Bull Formula One team)

GTY-1801898580.jpg

Always happy 😂 

Is it my imagination or could Axl have had a stroke, because the left side of his face is a bit droopy, it looks like after rehabilitation.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, body said:

Always happy 😂 

Is it my imagination or could Axl have had a stroke, because the left side of his face is a bit droopy, it looks like after rehabilitation.

It's probably realising the bloke next to him is a first class bellend