07/01/17 - Hämeenlinna, FI - Kantolan Tapahtumapuisto

alfierose

Never in my wildest dreams did I thought my favourite band would be performing in this city, when I moved out here couple of years ago. What a surreal life this is sometimes. Can't wait to see them for the first fucking time! 

ALSO. Those in the know, is it possible to get on the front row during the concert? People do move around to get drinks and whatnot, so is it possible to wiggle in there at some point? Or are the front rowers going to hold on to their spots with blood in their mouths?

Edited by weaponsnflowers

31 minutes ago, jorgeboz said:

Perhaps....Ain´t it fun???

That'd be amazing of course, but I doubt that'll happen. It's a pretty difficult song to sing. They'd probably have to practice it together with Mike a lot and I don't think they have time for that. Bad Obsession with Mike on harmonica sounds a little more doable but... Well let's just wait and see what's gonna happen. 

2 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

That'd be amazing of course, but I doubt that'll happen. It's a pretty difficult song to sing. They'd probably have to practice it together with Mike a lot and I don't think they have time for that. Bad Obsession with Mike on harmonica sounds a little more doable but... Well let's just wait and see what's gonna happen. 

How about a nice cover? :P

37 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

How about a nice cover? :P

Or maybe this one? :lol: GNR almost made a cover of this song for The Spaghetti Incident.

Well I hope something interesting happens. I don't care what. In the end, even if it's just a basic GNR show, I'll be happy for seeing Axl, Duff and Slash on stage together and hopefully seeing them play Coma. That's what I've been looking forward to the whole year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Or maybe this one? :lol: GNR almost made a cover of this song for The Spaghetti Incident.

Well I hope something interesting happens. I don't care what. In the end, even if it's just a basic GNR show, I'll be happy for seeing Axl, Duff and Slash on stage together and hopefully seeing them play Coma. That's what I've been looking forward to the whole year.

I hope to see/hear Used to love her. Why? Because it's so damn easy to sing along. The whole audience could join in. :headbang:

4 hours ago, weaponsnflowers said:

ALSO. Those in the know, is it possible to get on the front row during the concert? People do move around to get drinks and whatnot, so is it possible to wiggle in there at some point? Or are the front rowers going to hold on to their spots with blood in their mouths?

I'm pretty sure it's almost impossible to get to the front row. Many of those in front row have VIP early entry tickets and from my perspective the point with it is to stay in the front row the whole show.  I won't give up my spot anyway :D 

Edited by Mable

5 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

EfmL4SQ.jpg

OMG! I didn't know the photo would be so big when I added it.  Anyway... this on the wall of the town hall in Hämeenlinna. There were similar ones with Iron Maiden in 2016 and AC/DC in 2015.

Weather is good now, and tomorrow doesn't look bad either. It shouldn't rain.  Let's keep our fingers crossed. 

Jarmo is the Finland

I just don't get Michael Monroe/Hanoi Rocks.. Dead Jail or R&R was ok but I don't think I have ever heard anything else by them that I liked and Monroe's stage presence is just uncomfortable. I bought Self Destruction Blues when it was released on Uzi Suicide.. I try it every few years and it always sucks..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I just don't get Michael Monroe/Hanoi Rocks.. Dead Jail or R&R was ok but I don't think I have ever heard anything else by them that I liked and Monroe's stage presence is just uncomfortable. I bought Self Destruction Blues when it was released on Uzi Suicide.. I try it every few years and it always sucks..

*Dislikes*

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Jarmo is the Finland

Yes, he is from Finland.

20 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I'm not a huge fan of Hanoi's music either (TBH the song that I like the most is not theirs - it's the CCR cover)

But I like Michael's energy and some really weird way the fact that he still looks so 80's. :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah, I too like his positive and honest rock'n'roll attitude more than I like his music. He is really down to earth. Also, I like his solo stuff more than I like Hanoi Rocks. It's really cool that he still keeps going.

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I agree, I  like Dead Jail or Rock N Roll and that Is the extent of It.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Cosmic Ted said:

Today!

Holy shit I'm too excited. I couldn't sleep! :unsure:

Wohoo! Im dead tired.. starting a 4 hour drive to Hämeenlinna soon.

It is going to be so emotional concert for me. I have been waiting 10 years to see them, listened to them almost everyday. Watched too many bootlegs etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kelmi said:

Wohoo! Im dead tired.. starting a 4 hour drive to Hämeenlinna soon.

It is going to be so emotional concert for me. I have been waiting 10 years to see them, listened to them almost everyday. Watched too many bootlegs etc.

Oh I feel you.

4 hour drive, damn.. :(

Edited by The Cosmic Ted