09/08/17 - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome

Estranged Reality

Did they play Out Ta Get me or My Michelle? Is this accurate?

Spoiler

Looney Tunes / The Equalizer / McBob
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die (Wings cover)
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
"You Can't Put Your Arms…" / Attitude
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Jam / Slash Guitar Solo / Godfather Theme
Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman (Jimmy Webb cover)
Used to Love Her
My Michelle
Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd cover) (Slash & Richard)
November Rain ("Layla" intro)
Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden cover)
Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover) ("Only Women Bleed" intro)
Nightrain

Encore:
Sorry
Patience
The Seeker(The Who cover)
Don't Cry (with "Melissa" intro)
Whole Lotta Rosie (ACDC cover)
Paradise City

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Did they play Out Ta Get me or My Michelle? Is this accurate?

Reveal hidden contents

Looney Tunes / The Equalizer / McBob
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die (Wings cover)
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
"You Can't Put Your Arms…" / Attitude
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Jam / Slash Guitar Solo / Godfather Theme
Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman (Jimmy Webb cover)
Used to Love Her
My Michelle
Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd cover) (Slash & Richard)
November Rain ("Layla" intro)
Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden cover)
Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover) ("Only Women Bleed" intro)
Nightrain

Encore:
Sorry
Patience
The Seeker(The Who cover)
Don't Cry (with "Melissa" intro)
Whole Lotta Rosie (ACDC cover)
Paradise City

Michelle

Also on Don't cry on the part where he says "and please remember that I never lied" he gave a smile and nod to Slash haha no idea what that means but I thought it was funny

@1:50 here if your interested

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bIIV1Tk5Mzk5NDJ8MUx5R0JFeW1WTXlLTohn2Arq1WTTVhn6RVmnXtpuLOe-AN5GnTWwDq0FKjrE

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Also on Don't cry on the part where he says "and please remember that I never lied" he gave a smile and nod to Slash haha no idea what that means but I thought it was funny

@1:50 here if your interested

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bIIV1Tk5Mzk5NDJ8MUx5R0JFeW1WTXlLTohn2Arq1WTTVhn6RVmnXtpuLOe-AN5GnTWwDq0FKjrE

I'm interested.  Thanks for picking that up.  So that was nice...unless it's Axl being sarcastic. <_< 

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

Don't Cry was awesome. 💜 I didn't hear it in SF so I was happy! But I am so sore already that I can hardly walk, so I am gonna eat then head to bed and will do my review tomorrow. Night all! rock3

Glad you had fun - can't wait for the review! 

13 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

So first I will start off with the crowd. I didn't notice any sections closed off and by the end the dome did fill out nicely, but yeah not sold out. I had a great seat..5 rows behind the pit on the aisle neat Axl and Duff. I was shocked to look around and see people sitting! On the floor...I mean come on! Guns deserves to at least look out on the floor and see people standing. All.the.people. :facepalm: SF crowd had them beat! That whole stadium stood up for the whole show. But I will say that the SA people are nice...no shoving, drunkenness etc that can ruin a show. Very polite peeps. :thumbsup:

Ok enough about that. :) The show was spectacular! The band sounded great where I was and yes Axl was clean during the songs we all know he sings clean in, but his voice was strong...never any moments where no sounds came out. When he sang TIL, he held those long notes and the crowd appreciated it. He seemed happy and pleased that the song went off without a hitch since he has had issues with it lately. The crowd of course was very into CW, YCBM, MM, KOHD and BHS. 

I was so hoping that I would get to hear certain songs that I didn't hear in SF and I did! I wanted to hear Sorry, Don't Cry, My Michelle and Rosie...I got em all! Thanks Axl! :)

Not too much Axl and Slash interaction but I think that was because this was the last NA show for awhile which Axl mentioned a few times, so like literally all his attention and energy was on us. He was in a fuckin fantastic mood the whole night!!! So much smiling, waving to the crowds on both sides and in the front, he loves to mimic the people in the pit...really cute. He was dancing and even jumping up and down at one point. So full of energy, you couldn't take your eyes off him! 

Slash did a lot of jumping too and there were times I didn't move at all....I was just in awe of the amazing guitar playing that only Slash can do! :slash:

Duff is just so charasmatic....he really loves interacting with the crowd and you can genuinely see that he is enjoying himself up there. Also smiles a lot, you gotta love Duff. :heart:

This is already so long...but yeah I had a kickass time with a set list I had been crossing my fingers for and a band that played so tight and effortless with an incredibly happy high-spirited Axl! :headbang:

Great review @Marlingrl! I glad what you enjoy and you trip was worthy. :heart:

• Thanks 1

Awesome review!  Thanks so much! :thumbsup: It's hard to fathom from our POV across the pond that there are chairs set up on the floor for a show, never mind people actually sitting down!  Cultural differences. :lol:  Great Axl seemed in a good mood and TIL went off without a hitch.  I also remember standing stock still in awe of Slash, as were the people around me. Amazing.

What do you think about the setlist?  Does it drag in the middle for you like it seems to for everyone else? 

Edit: did you get photos?

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle