09/08/17 - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome

Estranged Reality

3 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Laying in my hotel room still exhausted from last night, but now I have some time to write my review! First off, I just want to say that forum member @WHENEVER is a HERO. Without him, I would not have known that I could upgrade my tickets to the pit. Because he said that, that's exactly what I did!! FIRST TIME EVER IN THE PIT FOR ANY CONCERT AND IT WAS FOR GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES!! I ended up getting rail!! 

And guess what happened! AXL SMILED AND WAVED AT ME TWICE!! Once during Estranged and once during Nightrain! Oh my gosh I seriously cried both times. I was just waving all happily and smiling and I guess he saw me so he looked over right at me and smiled and waved right back at me! I seriously almost collapsed haha I was sooooo happy!! I know I'll never forget that. He was in such a fantastic mood all night!! Honestly he was smiling as much as we were. He interacted with us a lot, he really did. Before Chinese Democracry, he randomly said, "In the mood for some take out?" During KOHD during the sing-along, after we did the final sing-along, he said something like, "Now that's what I'm talking about San Antonio." Towards the end in the encore he said something like, "Hey I hope y'all don't mind, but since it's the last date of this tour, the band wants to play. Call your parents and tell them you're with your friend Axl" or something like that. Then at the end with the bow, he basically said that he and the band are just so happy they're there, that they get to play for us in this tour. They're thankful and happy they get to do it. 

Everyone sounded so great. Seeing Slash up close...I mean I was honestly in awe. He's like a mythical beast that you don't actually believe is real...until you see him up close! He KILLED it, as always. As far as Duff, he is bar none the COOLEST member of the band. Man, you just look at him play and you're like, "This guy is cool as hell." I could tell he really enjoyed being up there. And Axl sounded great too. I didn't have a single doubt that any member of their band didn't give it their all last night. Everyone was at the top of their game, everyone had such a great time. The band, the crowd, we were all one last night. 

Okay I feel like this is super long!! I just had to type it all out! Best concert of my LIFE! Thank you Guns N' Roses!!! (Especially Axl, for making me feel so happy and special) 

I was section 14 row 2 right above the side of the floor. Was a great view! I saw axl smile and do a little wave while singing !! Looks like he was doing in the direction of his left side I think?? Had to have been towards you! That's awesome I bet that was a hell of a time down there. 

I lost my shit during Coma sounds soooooooooooooo Better live then watching YouTube videos 

Seeker was awesome live to it's no wonder they play it. I hadn't checked out the forum in awhile was cool for me to hear that new cover and then BHS. Crowd seemed to like BHS.

coma is probably my highlight other then the opening had goosebumps all through end of brownstone id say which was great 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

23 minutes ago, Axls5thMetatarsel said:

I was section 14 row 2 right above the side of the floor. Was a great view! I saw axl smile and do a little wave while singing !! Looks like he was doing in the direction of his left side I think?? Had to have been towards you! That's awesome I bet that was a hell of a time down there. 

I lost my shit during Coma sounds soooooooooooooo Better live then watching YouTube videos 

Seeker was awesome live to it's no wonder they play it. I hadn't checked out the forum in awhile was cool for me to hear that new cover and then BHS. Crowd seemed to like BHS.

coma is probably my highlight other then the opening had goosebumps all through end of brownstone id say which was great 

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that in my review, but yeah the Seeker rocked last night! Both Guns and the crowd were super into it!!! Axl waved to both sides... he was giving everyone the love. God, what a show it was! I'm still on a high! rock3

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

15 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Did they play Out Ta Get me or My Michelle? Is this accurate?

Hide contents

Looney Tunes / The Equalizer / McBob
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die (Wings cover)
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
"You Can't Put Your Arms…" / Attitude
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Jam / Slash Guitar Solo / Godfather Theme
Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman (Jimmy Webb cover)
Used to Love Her
My Michelle
Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd cover) (Slash & Richard)
November Rain ("Layla" intro)
Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden cover)
Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover) ("Only Women Bleed" intro)
Nightrain

Encore:
Sorry
Patience
The Seeker(The Who cover)
Don't Cry (with "Melissa" intro)
Whole Lotta Rosie (ACDC cover)
Paradise City

What an amazing set list! Damn wish I was there!

It´s really nice to read all those reviews from the shows and realize that, in general, all of you people who went to these concerts had a good time with the band..That´s the real deal!!!! Now I hope that we all get a good "full show+HD+pro fn shot" from RIR...We all need that!But without Axl`s disaster this time, please!:lol:

23 minutes ago, Derick said:

It´s really nice to read all those reviews from the shows and realize that, in general, all of you people who went to these concerts had a good time with the band..That´s the real deal!!!! Now I hope that we all get a good "full show+HD+pro fn shot" from RIR...We all need that!But without Axl`s disaster this time, please!:lol:

I really enjoyed the show in El Paso but I can guarantee that if we get a proshot in Rio it will be disappointing. I hate to be that way but I can see it coming and there's no way He's going to sound good on a pro shot at the moment. 

I honestly feel they will do a couple songs Pro shot and not the whole show. I think they want their blu Ray to be the first chance to see a whole show like that 

28 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I really enjoyed the show in El Paso but I can guarantee that if we get a proshot in Rio it will be disappointing. I hate to be that way but I can see it coming and there's no way He's going to sound good on a pro shot at the moment. 

I honestly feel they will do a couple songs Pro shot and not the whole show. I think they want their blu Ray to be the first chance to see a whole show like that 

I get it but with RIR there's no deal they full broadcast all the shows unless they'll play new songs like 2006..There's that TV channel (Globo) that put a lot money on this festival and I think even GNR can't  change that.

Edited by Derick
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Derick said:

I get it but with RIR there's no deal they full broadcast all the shows unless they'll play new songs like 2006..There's that TV channel (Globo) that put a lot money on this festival and I think even GNR can't  change that.

I hope so! But I just think the negativity of what Axl can bring will outweigh the enjoyment of getting a pro shot. 

16 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I hope so! But I just think the negativity of what Axl can bring will outweigh the enjoyment of getting a pro shot. 

That´s the risk we have to run (get disappointed)...IDK, Its past the time to have a full proshot from this NITLT era..I´ll just keep low expectation about his "proshot voice"..But, of course, hoping that he doing well..

Anyway, that tv channel are doing a pull on their website ask people wich main stage show is the most "must see"...Take a look who´s on the top of the list...I mean, no way they´ll give up to full broadcast this show, It´s a lot money involved..

http://g1.globo.com/musica/rock-in-rio/2017/interatividade/enquete/2017/8/1/qual-atracao-principal-e-a-mais-imperdivel-do-rock-in-rio-2017-f0e0cb1a-76a2-11e7-9e87-0242ac110007.html?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=share-bar-desktop&utm_campaign=share-bar

x3v1mo.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Derick said:

That´s the risk we have to run (get disappointed)...IDK, Its past the time to have a full proshot from this NITLT era..I´ll just keep low expectation about his "proshot voice"..But, of course, hoping that he doing well..

Anyway, that tv channel are doing a pull on their website ask people wich main stage show is the most "must see"...Take a look who´s on the top of the list...I mean, no way they´ll give up to full broadcast this show, It´s a lot money involved..

http://g1.globo.com/musica/rock-in-rio/2017/interatividade/enquete/2017/8/1/qual-atracao-principal-e-a-mais-imperdivel-do-rock-in-rio-2017-f0e0cb1a-76a2-11e7-9e87-0242ac110007.html?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=share-bar-desktop&utm_campaign=share-bar

x3v1mo.jpg

I cant wait for rir, it will be amazing to finally have a pro shot of the new line up 😀

On 9/8/2017 at 11:33 PM, GNRfanMILO said:

Did they play Out Ta Get me or My Michelle? Is this accurate?

Reveal hidden contents

Looney Tunes / The Equalizer / McBob
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die (Wings cover)
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
"You Can't Put Your Arms…" / Attitude
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Jam / Slash Guitar Solo / Godfather Theme
Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman (Jimmy Webb cover)
Used to Love Her
My Michelle
Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd cover) (Slash & Richard)
November Rain ("Layla" intro)
Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden cover)
Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover) ("Only Women Bleed" intro)
Nightrain

Encore:
Sorry
Patience
The Seeker(The Who cover)
Don't Cry (with "Melissa" intro)
Whole Lotta Rosie (ACDC cover)
Paradise City

My Michelle is correct.  They did not play Out Ta Get Me. 

Also, thanks for posting all those videos - those are really great!  

Edited by dnb41
added content - didn't want to make a new post.

I had been to the Dallas and Houston shows last year (as well as shows back in 91 and 92). Those shows were great. This one was phenomenal!  The band was on fire and were obviously having fun. Axl was in a great mood and everybody just seemed much more at ease than last year. I don't know if it was just because of another full year touring or because it was the last US stadium show but that was something special. We were in the 5th row on Slash's side for a perfect view. What a night. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2