09/08/17 - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome

Estranged Reality

What an amazing show!! Axl was in such a good mood last night, smiling and running around and waving at the crowd! Slash was amazing, Duff was the epitome of cool, all in all an amazing experience! And ZZ Top were incredible as well! 

@marlingrl03 did you catch what Axl said during the bow? We got ushered out and didn't catch it 

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Willis1988 said:

What an amazing show!! Axl was in such a good mood last night, smiling and running around and waving at the crowd! Slash was amazing, Duff was the epitome of cool, all in all an amazing experience! And ZZ Top were incredible as well! 

@marlingrl03 did you catch what Axl said during the bow? We got ushered out and didn't catch it 

No. :( I was lucky enough to film the bow though which was hard cause people were trying to leave before the bow even happened! People were all walking in front of me but I did manage to get some of it on tape. :) I wonder what he said. Hmm. 

35 minutes ago, Willis1988 said:

You might not be asking me, but he (summed up) said, "Thank you for two stellar fucking runs. We want to thank all of you. Good night."

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Also on Don't cry on the part where he says "and please remember that I never lied" he gave a smile and nod to Slash haha no idea what that means but I thought it was funny

@1:50 here if your interested

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bIIV1Tk5Mzk5NDJ8MUx5R0JFeW1WTXlLTohn2Arq1WTTVhn6RVmnXtpuLOe-AN5GnTWwDq0FKjrE

He was doing so well until Mickey swooped in for "come the morning light now baby" 

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I tried to let you know when ZZ ended but the WiFi stopped working for me. And Guns started early around 8:23 so hope you didn't miss any songs!

Oh thanks so much!! I made it just in time !! Found my seats and sat down at like 8:20! Rly glad I pulled the trigger on these and didn't wait for the Houston show in November. Worth every penny. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Axls5thMetatarsel said:

Oh thanks so much!! I made it just in time !! Found my seats and sat down at like 8:20! Rly glad I pulled the trigger on these and didn't wait for the Houston show in November. Worth every penny. 

Oh I am sooo glad to hear that! It absolutely was worth every penny...stellar show!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Laying in my hotel room still exhausted from last night, but now I have some time to write my review! First off, I just want to say that forum member @WHENEVER is a HERO. Without him, I would not have known that I could upgrade my tickets to the pit. Because he said that, that's exactly what I did!! FIRST TIME EVER IN THE PIT FOR ANY CONCERT AND IT WAS FOR GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES!! I ended up getting rail!! 

And guess what happened! AXL SMILED AND WAVED AT ME TWICE!! Once during Estranged and once during Nightrain! Oh my gosh I seriously cried both times. I was just waving all happily and smiling and I guess he saw me so he looked over right at me and smiled and waved right back at me! I seriously almost collapsed haha I was sooooo happy!! I know I'll never forget that. He was in such a fantastic mood all night!! Honestly he was smiling as much as we were. He interacted with us a lot, he really did. Before Chinese Democracry, he randomly said, "In the mood for some take out?" During KOHD during the sing-along, after we did the final sing-along, he said something like, "Now that's what I'm talking about San Antonio." Towards the end in the encore he said something like, "Hey I hope y'all don't mind, but since it's the last date of this tour, the band wants to play. Call your parents and tell them you're with your friend Axl" or something like that. Then at the end with the bow, he basically said that he and the band are just so happy they're there, that they get to play for us in this tour. They're thankful and happy they get to do it. 

Everyone sounded so great. Seeing Slash up close...I mean I was honestly in awe. He's like a mythical beast that you don't actually believe is real...until you see him up close! He KILLED it, as always. As far as Duff, he is bar none the COOLEST member of the band. Man, you just look at him play and you're like, "This guy is cool as hell." I could tell he really enjoyed being up there. And Axl sounded great too. I didn't have a single doubt that any member of their band didn't give it their all last night. Everyone was at the top of their game, everyone had such a great time. The band, the crowd, we were all one last night. 

Okay I feel like this is super long!! I just had to type it all out! Best concert of my LIFE! Thank you Guns N' Roses!!! (Especially Axl, for making me feel so happy and special) 

You enthusiasm is very contagious, happy for you:headbang:

@GNRfanJen

What a joy this was to read!  Thank you so much - your excitement comes through loud and clear. :thumbsup:  No review can ever be too long imo, I want to know it all.  I'm living vicariously through those who attend these shows. LOL So glad you got the upgrade, this forum is great isn't it?  

Thanks for the Axl quotes.  Love the one about calling your parents.  

Duff is too cool. :headbang:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Looks so fuckin' mean n' badass in this pic!

If only Axl could get that mean animalistic shot (think backwards cap and teeth bared) somewhere on this tour instead of mostly looking like a loveable, huggable old rocker that he mostly is these days! ;-D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

So first I will start off with the crowd. I didn't notice any sections closed off and by the end the dome did fill out nicely, but yeah not sold out. I had a great seat..5 rows behind the pit on the aisle neat Axl and Duff. I was shocked to look around and see people sitting! On the floor...I mean come on! Guns deserves to at least look out on the floor and see people standing. All.the.people. :facepalm: SF crowd had them beat! That whole stadium stood up for the whole show. But I will say that the SA people are nice...no shoving, drunkenness etc that can ruin a show. Very polite peeps. :thumbsup:

Ok enough about that. :) The show was spectacular! The band sounded great where I was and yes Axl was clean during the songs we all know he sings clean in, but his voice was strong...never any moments where no sounds came out. When he sang TIL, he held those long notes and the crowd appreciated it. He seemed happy and pleased that the song went off without a hitch since he has had issues with it lately. The crowd of course was very into CW, YCBM, MM, KOHD and BHS. 

I was so hoping that I would get to hear certain songs that I didn't hear in SF and I did! I wanted to hear Sorry, Don't Cry, My Michelle and Rosie...I got em all! Thanks Axl! :)

Not too much Axl and Slash interaction but I think that was because this was the last NA show for awhile which Axl mentioned a few times, so like literally all his attention and energy was on us. He was in a fuckin fantastic mood the whole night!!! So much smiling, waving to the crowds on both sides and in the front, he loves to mimic the people in the pit...really cute. He was dancing and even jumping up and down at one point. So full of energy, you couldn't take your eyes off him! 

Slash did a lot of jumping too and there were times I didn't move at all....I was just in awe of the amazing guitar playing that only Slash can do! :slash:

Duff is just so charasmatic....he really loves interacting with the crowd and you can genuinely see that he is enjoying himself up there. Also smiles a lot, you gotta love Duff. :heart:

This is already so long...but yeah I had a kickass time with a set list I had been crossing my fingers for and a band that played so tight and effortless with an incredibly happy high-spirited Axl! :headbang:

Great review, Glad to see that you had a kickass time. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, onurbayrak03 said:

I cant hear much difference than the other Dont Cry's.  Especially the "come the morning light..."part. He still uses falsetto there.

From baby, maybe, someday on, he sounds great. He always uses falsetto on the line you mentioned.