"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

13 hours ago, Big D in Toronto said:

I just watched Bone Tomahawk and Brawl in Cellblock 99, there is one scene in Bone Tomahawk that is so gruesome I had to turn away for a second or 2

I slung Bone Tomahawk on the other day thinking it'd be a sleepy Lonesome Dove type western...imagine my surprise :lol:

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

I was a fan of Bone Tomahawk.

Yeah, i quite enjoyed it myself...nasty as fuck, weren't it?  And all the more nasty in that like...there's a touch of reality to it, I mean its not ghosties and ghoulies stuff is it, theres a real possibility that like, people of a certain time and place might've faced that kind of crazy shit or some kinda crazy shit of that nature.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017 at 11:00 AM, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, i quite enjoyed it myself...nasty as fuck, weren't it?  And all the more nasty in that like...there's a touch of reality to it, I mean its not ghosties and ghoulies stuff is it, theres a real possibility that like, people of a certain time and place might've faced that kind of crazy shit or some kinda crazy shit of that nature.

Nasty, creepy, and touch of reality, that's a good combination that's hard to beat. I liked how they made themselves look so they blended in with their territory. That was a nice touch.

Reminds me of another movie from the late 90's or early 2000's. Based in somewhat of a wild west setting but not a cowboy flick. Had some nasty, creepy elements but no ghouls and goblins. Ravenous. Check that one out if you've never seen it. It's just as sick as Tomahawk.

The Dark House (1932)

XXX The Return of Zander Cage

3 hours ago, J Dog said:

Nasty, creepy, and touch of reality, that's a good combination that's hard to beat. I liked how they made themselves look so they blended in with their territory. That was a nice touch.

Reminds me of another movie from the late 90's or early 2000's. Based in somewhat of a wild west setting but not a cowboy flick. Had some nasty, creepy elements but no ghouls and goblins. Ravenous. Check that one out if you've never seen it. It's just as sick as Tomahawk.

Saw Ravenous. Yeah,  I hate anything with cannibalism in it.

16 hours ago, J Dog said:

You should check out that Brawl in Cell Block 99 too boss, its a good little film.

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is my favourite of his '40s films. 

Its quite beautifully photographed, isnt it?  And like almost all Hitchcock films there’s very little fat on it, which is probably one of the characteristics of his films I enjoy the most, the narratives are flawless.  As someone obssessed with the mechanics of cinema its really quite a sight to behold.