"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

The Siege, with Denzel, Annette Bening, Willis and Tony Shalhoub

Ive been drawn to action/adventure from the 90s lately.  This is about 'How to keep American values while fighting Islamist Terrorism.'  And about the good, down-home folk of the FBI vs the big government shadowy elite of the CIA and No Such Agencies of the bureaucracy.  Which, what ever just entertain me please.  And i was.

Acting was pretty good.  Bening acts with her teeth a lot. Using her teeth to express the way most of us can only use our eyes. I dont think many people have that skill. :) 

No idea how to rate or if to suggest it. 

The Indian Jones Tetralogy

I fancied a bit of bubblegum American entertainment - see, it is not all Fellini and Kurosawa with me?

Raiders of the Lost Ark is still the best; taut 1930s action-adventure; grittier aesthetics; not undone by the weight of its own mythological baggage. The next two are good also but both have marginal flaws. Temple of Doom somehow manages the impossible by being both darker and camper at the same time and is hysterically xenophobic. The Last Crusade is an attempt to return to the first one's roots and almost succeeds in the task but just falls short. The Crystal Cunts is an abomination and should be obliterated from the face of the earth.

It is a series which basically got worse as it continued unless you switch the second and third around in your excellence ratio (which is a fair enough argument to make on a given day in a pub).

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Look at my music collection: Johannes Brahms intermingled with Love Gun by Kiss.

I know, baffling!  How the man who listening to Curtis Mayfield and James Brown, and actually PROPERLY knows the songs...also listens to Kiss, what the fuck :lol:

51 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I know, baffling!  How the man who listening to Curtis Mayfield and James Brown, and actually PROPERLY knows the songs...also listens to Kiss, what the fuck :lol:

You've been listening to Guns N' Roses recently so you're a fine one to talk. Get back to the Glimmer Twins for crying out loud.

11 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

A Boy and His Dog

5/5

ha ha with Don Johnson? I saw that movie. It was weird, but Don was very cute, so was the dog.

I watched:

47 Meters another 90 minutes I can't get back. What a bore! If you weren't looking you missed the only two shark attacks. PG13 movies suck big time.

The ending annoyed me, but I knew something wasn't right especially with the shark attacks.

I did watch "The Sandman" on syfy and that was a very good scary movie.

I'm not buying anymore movies unless I definitely know someone says they are great.

24 Hour Party People - cracking film which is about...the music of the city of Manchester disguised as a sort of a biography of TV presenter, 'svengali' and all round scene-man Tony Wilson, though its as much about Joy Division, The Happy Mondays and the early punk scene...and the Madchester rave scene.  Even if you don't like any of that music its still a REALLY funny film to watch and probably one of the best sort of music films I've ever seen in that instead of trying to be this solemn character study or a sex drugs and rock n roll thing its sort of a comedy.  Its a really great film with a brilliant cast, Steve Coogan, Paddy Considine, tons of other Manchunian and non Manchunian faces and by themselves ain't brilliant but they really serve the film well, I reccomend it to anyone really.  An idea of the  British music scene is a plus cuz it'll make a lot of characters make sense to ya but its not essential by any means.

On 10/7/2017 at 3:10 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

There is a new TCM coming out showing how Leatherface began as a child. Oh boy! He grew up in  a crazy family. What a shock!

Stephen Doriff is in it. The preview reminded me of Rob Zombie's Halloween, showing how Michael Meyers got his killing start too.

Which missed the whole point of Michael Myers.

I almost made the mistake of catching Zombie's Halloween in theaters but luckily i was late and went to The Bourne Ultimatum instead.