"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

6 minutes ago, J Dog said:

You should. Probably my favorite John Wayne and possibly favorite western period. Just a really good looking film.

Seen it 400 million times but it never gets old.  Any stars with less charisma than Duke and Jimmy Stewart and that movie would've been the Lee Marvin show.

You can go with your google stuff. I'll go with actual photographs. You won't see the first bowler hat here.

Wyatt Earp

fe343b268b2ab765cb6eb2dd25530cfa--embarr

Wild Bill Hickock

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFbyfQl6yDw_9lCPpOMjg

Jesse James

Kid-680-exp.jpg

Just some random dudes

655235_BqjJ4lzU.jpg?mode=Fill

^^^I guess maybe one or two of those could pass for what you're looking for.

52 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Seen it 400 million times but it never gets old.  Any stars with less charisma than Duke and Jimmy Stewart and that movie would've been the Lee Marvin show.

It really doesn't get old. Oh Lee Marvin would've stole the show with lesser guys no doubt. I think they all did really well to coexist in the same film and every character still get their own spotlight.

10 minutes ago, J Dog said:

It really doesn't get old. Oh Lee Marvin would've stole the show with lesser guys no doubt. I think they all did really well to coexist in the same film and every character still get their own spotlight.

Yeah they could've really tried to cut each other and fucked the film right up.  And yknow the way you say Warlock has that certain kind of look, which if I'm right you mean that kinda 50s colour film stock feel, similar to what The Searchers has where all the colours appear so rich, Valance has a similar thing going on with black and white.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah they could've really tried to cut each other and fucked the film right up.  And yknow the way you say Warlock has that certain kind of look, which if I'm right you mean that kinda 50s colour film stock feel, similar to what The Searchers has where all the colours appear so rich, Valance has a similar thing going on with black and white.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. I love how The Searchers looks. That and Warlock, the way they look just adds something to the film to me. I don't even know what it adds but it's there. You can see it and kinda feel it too? It's a different kind of color or something.

Liberty Valance is one of the best looking black and white films I've ever seen. It's a really sharp black and white. It's doesn't have that dull or almost fuzzy look. It just looks great and also gives it a certain type of feel that I don't normally get from black and white movies.

5 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. I love how The Searchers looks. That and Warlock, the way they look just adds something to the film to me. I don't even know what it adds but it's there. You can see it and kinda feel it too? It's a different kind of color or something.

Liberty Valance is one of the best looking black and white films I've ever seen. It's a really sharp black and white. It's doesn't have that dull or almost fuzzy look. It just looks great and also gives it a certain type of feel that I don't normally get from black and white movies.

High contrast black and white, its gorgeous.  I love the way John Ford films and frames stuff, its kinda direct but with little touches in there that makes it seem grand, whether its the old plains or just person to person, people are always front and centre, its like a series of paintings tied together, you can learn how to make  movies watching John Ford.

And horizons he does so beautifully, he doesnt put the horizon at the centre of the frame like cheap directors do cuz thats where they want you to look, Mr Ford understood thats where you're gonna look anyway so put the horizon high up so you can get the massive stretches of ground in there, thats how to properly photograph the American west, so its like this mass of land sweeping up to the camera with the horizon over in the distance, it actually makes it look all the more grand, you focus too much on the jewel in the crown n forget the crown with other less sharp directors.

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962) John Wayne, James Stewart, Lee Marvin, Woody Strode...how fun it must've been to be Lee Marvin in that movie, he gets to destroy offices, kick chairs around, smash windows and generally loaf about the place like a drunken uncouth shit-kicker with an attitude problem and some pretty cool dialogue :lol: 

Welcome to Hard Times (1967) - Henry Fonda

Watched all of the Peter Sellers Pink Panther films recently with thanks to the new Blu-ray set. Shot In The Dark is probably my favorite of the bunch with the first one being a close second. The only one that is trash is Trail. All of the others are at least enjoyable for Sellers himself and the running gags. I know the three non-Sellers ones are also out on Blu-ray now so maybe eventually I'll give them a shot although I'm sure they're also crap.

Ten

Five Deadly Venoms

The Haunted house of horror

Shock treatment

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, arnold layne said:

It (2017)

The TV miniseries will probably end up being the better adaption. 

4/5.

Well, IT is the number one movie again!

There will definitely be a sequel to this movie.

Anyone see "Mother". I heard it sucked, but I'm curious as to what this movie is about? I have an idea and I want to see if I came close to the plot

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is a lot of manliness.

James Caan plays the young boy-ish green at the gills one, that how much geezer-tude there was in this film :lol:  Charlene Holt and Michelle Carey even the balance out though.  You might remember the latter from Live a Little, Love a Little

Edited by Len Cnut