"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:47 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Elvis died in August. i'd to see some of his stuff, i have one movie ( well more a documentary ) of hos waiting to recrod on my DVR,

the movie that got me into Marilyn was one i saw on late night TV....Let's Make Love with Yves Montand. i later read her weight fluctuated so much they had to let out her clothes then take them back in as she yo-yo'd.

i also put my feet in her footprints. i love her :wub: i really want to see The Misfits as i live where part of it was filmed but it's about them trying to save wild horses from being slaughtered. after bonding with my wild horses i'd probably just cry...

Yeah, I"ve seen most of Marilyn's movies. She was an amazing actress once the directors took her seriously.

Well, Marilyn had her problems so I'm not surprised with her weight going up and down. Hollywood once they make you a "sex symbol" all they want you to do is look pretty and stay thin. It was just more added pressure on her. No one was there to defend her.

Same thing happened to Tippy Hendrin working for Hitchcock. He belittled her and did horrible things to her while filming The Birds and Marnie and no big actor man would help her out even though they knew Hitchcock was being a real dick to her.

So much for macho man Rod Taylor and Sean Connery.

I think women have much more control now, but I bet this shit still goes on with the younger actresses.

Natalie Wood was raped and abused by a producer in the 1950's, but her Russian born mother didn't want to say anything because she wanted Natalie to get a movie part and didn't want her daughter to be considered difficult. Meanwhile, this fucked up Natalie's life and mental issues that killed her later on.

Sorry sometimes I get off topic! lol

anyway, I love to watch different movies, but Horror is my all time favorite genre.

On 8/2/2017 at 5:01 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

The Breakfast Club 1985 Judd Nelson Ally Sheedy  been waiting to see this again! a friend and i were discussing it. it is awesome. love Alan Ruck, love the scene with Jennifer Grey and Charlie Sheen. think the gf was weak, they could have done better. Broderick WAS Ferris Bueller! Love.This.Movie! 9.6

so did you watch The Breakfast Club or Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

• Like 1

Kong Skull Island.

Better than expected, I enjoyed it and I'm not even big into monster stuff even though I am a fan of the old original. Much better than the one with Jack Black. They did a nice job of making Kong kinda good without making him soft.

Reservoir Dogs, my least favorite Tarantino movie so far. 6/10

Reqiuem For A Dream, ouch. 8/10

Zero Dark Thirty, decent. 6/10

The Naked Gun, classic. 10/10

Trainspotting, got me hooked from the first second. 10/10

Trainspotting 2, pretty funny. 8/10

Argo, intense. 9/10

The Martian, 9/10

Not Another Teen Movie, garbage. 

Spider-Man: Homecoming, needs a rewatch, flowed better than the others. Liked hearing Blitzkrieg Bop. 8/10

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Ghost in the Shell (1995)

5/5

Ghost in the Shell (2017)

1/5

Are they related? Didn't know there was an older one.

I actually watched this over the weekend and would rate it about the same. It kinda felt like there might've been a decent story somewhere beneath all the cgi fuckery. Talk about being more worried about that type of shit rather than telling a good story. There was other stuff wrong with it but that's what turned me off the most.

Hell or High water

Not bad but I felt it went on too long. The movie was over 2 hours and I think it would have worked better if it was shorter.

Jeff Bridges was excellent in this movie.

Best part was when the two brothers tried to rob a bank in Post Texas and when they left the bank there were locals who all had guns fireing on them. lol I mean dud, it's Texas.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:42 AM, AslatIE said:

Death Proof was creative :lol:

I liked Death Proof, but the women talking while eating was a little too long for me, but then that's Quentin in all his movies.

But once the action starts, it's awesome!