GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

13 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Just to clarify my position and intent of my original post: it wasn't a men v women issue (for me).  It was definitely a weight issue.  It was weight v every other aspect of Axl.  Every other aspect = we can talk.  Weight = we can't talk.

There have been times when a thread has been created with Axl's weight being the topic and immediately you get the 'jumping in before thread is closed' comments.  And I'm like, why should it be closed?  Or you get the 'this isn't a relevant/acceptable/worthwhile topic' comments. Why is Axl's weight a taboo topic?  Pretty much whenever someone raises the subject in any thread, there is a general sense of let's not focus on it, let's move on.  

My question was why should this be?  Why not open a dialogue about the issues surrounding weight and health, age and lifestyle and how the guys are perceived in relation to this?  (And yeah, maybe there's a men v women issue happening there, too).  After all, Duff is proof you don't have to be out of shape or unhealthy just because you're in your 50s - what do people think about that?  Is that fair? 

OK, it's not right to name call or to say he looks like he swallowed a turtle, or he looks like a whale, and fair enough, we should be called out on that.  But jokes aside, I just don't see why we shouldn't discuss Axl's weight sensibly, when absolutely everything else about him is up for discussion.

Yes,agreed talk weight not is bad, but not is good  a insult like "whale"

17 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Just to clarify my position and intent of my original post: it wasn't a men v women issue (for me).  It was definitely a weight issue.  It was weight v every other aspect of Axl.  Every other aspect = we can talk.  Weight = we can't talk.

There have been times when a thread has been created with Axl's weight being the topic and immediately you get the 'jumping in before thread is closed' comments.  And I'm like, why should it be closed?  Or you get the 'this isn't a relevant/acceptable/worthwhile topic' comments. Why is Axl's weight a taboo topic?  Pretty much whenever someone raises the subject in any thread, there is a general sense of let's not focus on it, let's move on.  

My question was why should this be?  Why not open a dialogue about the issues surrounding weight and health, age and lifestyle and how the guys are perceived in relation to this?  (And yeah, maybe there's a men v women issue happening there, too).  After all, Duff is proof you don't have to be out of shape or unhealthy just because you're in your 50s - what do people think about that?  Is that fair? 

OK, it's not right to name call or to say he looks like he swallowed a turtle, or he looks like a whale, and fair enough, we should be called out on that.  But jokes aside, I just don't see why we shouldn't discuss Axl's weight sensibly, when absolutely everything else about him is up for discussion.

axl lived a life full of experiences good experiences and bad, he made a life that nobady here would have the opportunity, parties fame, beautiful woman, an many other.... why we remove him the right to live a different life in the 50S? he is not a model he is a musician i don't underatand why critisize people about their weight or anything else yes its not the same guy he used to be in 80s-90s so what's the problem with this?its the only rock star who gained weight through the years? 

• Like 1

I don`t know if I live in strange, different world or something, but I don`t think loving someone = not saying anything which may be offensive or whatever. This thread is insanely Axl-loving and appreciating place. There are cold, harsh places outside where it`s really just about some individuals feeling urge to put him down (I got a kind of English vocabulary there, which they never taught in schools). Thinking about this, Axl himself is never a person who would sugarcoat his opinion for you. Take it or let be. I still feel difference when someone who appreciates you criticizes something what she think is not good/makes her worry, and when someone just boosts one`s ego.

Sometimes this thread for me really feels like bunch of women sitting by drink of choice and discussing things they have in common. Any theme. This is what I like, I am Axl girl, I suck in walking on eggshells.

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

You, I like you.

43 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

axl lived a life full of experiences good experiences and bad, he made a life that nobady here would have the opportunity, parties fame, beautiful woman, an many other.... why we remove him the right to live a different life in the 50S? he is not a model he is a musician i don't underatand why critisize people about their weight or anything else yes its not the same guy he used to be in 80s-90s so what's the problem with this?its the only rock star who gained weight through the years? 

I don't think anyone here is denying Axl the right to live any which way he chooses - we're speculating.  It's what we do here. :lol:  We're not even really discussing his weight in a general sense because yes, we are all aware he's not the Axl of the 90s and nobody is expecting him to look like that.  We were wondering why is it that his weight appears to fluctuate so dramatically from one show to the next?  

Maybe it's because of perspective, maybe it's because he's bloated, maybe it's something else, I dunno, but it's something we were wondering.  I would hope that he's not drinking too much.  Because the rest of his body is quite slim, really.  I think someone said a while back that he developed a drink problem some years ago, but overcame it?  Is that right? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I don't think anyone here is denying Axl the right to live any which way he chooses - we're speculating.  It's what we do here. :lol:  We're not even really discussing his weight in a general sense because yes, we are all aware he's not the Axl of the 90s and nobody is expecting him to look like that.  We were wondering why is it that his weight appears to fluctuate so dramatically from one show to the next?  

Maybe it's because of perspective, maybe it's because he's bloated, maybe it's something else, I dunno, but it's something we were wondering.  I would hope that he's not drinking too much.  Because the rest of his body is quite slim, really.  I think someone said a while back that he developed a drink problem some years ago, but overcame it?  Is that right? 

its the first time i read this and really surprises me because back in gold days he was the only  person  who hasn't  serious addictions ..but who knows?? i think that all agree no matter weight that he still has a real good a.s:facepalm::lol:

4 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Bacause Axl's body was perfect. For me is a shame that he not take care of his body. Even Slash was chubby and now he looks so yummy!

Axl needs motivation. Needs a lady or a guy in his life. Whatever his preference.

He needs Slash in his life.:awesomeface: Oh, wait...lol

9 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

its the first time i read this and really surprises me because back in gold days he was the only  person  who hasn't  serious addictions ..but who knows?? i think that all agree no matter weight that he still has a real good a.s:facepalm::lol:

Yep.  Agree.  He still got the ass. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

On the 2010 tour Axl was constantly out partying and drinking, he even went on that huge bender in New York that lasted something like two or three weeks?? Anyway, he was always seen out drinking. 

Pretty much the same in 2012 but not as much. 

Im not sure about other years or legs of tours from that time period until 2014 because I only remember the times around the European dates and of course the New York thing.

I think it was obvious he drank a lot then and in some shows he would fall over easily and forget a lot of lyrics and just look not with it (I think this might've been more towards 2013-2014) He also got some nasty drunken injuries, I'm pretty sure he said he'd done something terrible to his collarbone in a 2010 show.

The shows I went to only one was disappointing (in 2012) and that had a lot to do with the acoustics of the arena being awful. I saw him a week later and out of all the times I've heard him sing Manchester 2012 is my favourite. So it didn't really affect any of the shows I went to. 

This tour he has been seen at breakfast drinking tea as many times as out partying. So I'm not too sure about the alcohol thing.  Unless he just drinks in private with Beta. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

On the 2010 tour Axl was constantly out partying and drinking, he even went on that huge bender in New York that lasted something like two or three weeks?? Anyway, he was always seen out drinking. 

Pretty much the same in 2012 but not as much. 

Im not sure about other years or legs of tours from that time period until 2014 because I only remember the times around the European dates and of course the New York thing.

I think it was obvious he drank a lot then and in some shows he would fall over easily and forget a lot of lyrics and just look not with it (I think this might've been more towards 2013-2014) He also got some nasty drunken injuries, I'm pretty sure he said he's done something terrible to his collarbone in a 2010 show.

The shows I went to only one was disappointing (in 2012) and that had a lot to do with the acoustics of the arena being awful. I saw him a week later and out of all the times I've heard him sing Manchester 2012 is my favourite. So it didn't really affect any of the shows I went to. 

This tour he has been seen at breakfast drinking tea as many times as out partying. So I'm not too sure about the alcohol thing.  Unless he just drinks in private with Beta. 

how many times have you seen him!!!!??

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Btw I realise my avatar does him no favours here :lol:

It's just beer, it's not really considered alcohol here. The audience loved him for the gesture :headbang:

*says a girl from a country with the highest beer consumption per capita in the world* :smiley-confused2:

Edited by Andy14
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hope he isn't heavy drinker anymore. There is a picture of him in subway in Israel, holding bottle of an alcohol in his hands.... 

Axl 's physical change is the biggest, among all GNR members, maybe this is reason why ppl focus on his weight...

I dunno. All I hope he is healthy..

The weight issue hasn't been really discussed much before has it? in here i mean. However he has got fatter but he's not really fat IMO. In England it's called 'middle age spread' and it happens to most people unless you actively do work at keeping slim. I don't :lol: and maybe Axl thinks he had his best years being slim and now is just enjoying life :shrugs:That's what i'm doing, besides 'fat Axl' memes are kinda funny :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tori72 said:

You know, @BooO, there acutally IS a stringent logic behind it. Read the Women's Thread from beginning to end, soak up the wisdom and female insight and you'll understand. You'll also understand women altogether and lead a thoroughly happy life from then on. Just go read. :P

:rofl-lol:

Hahaha. I've already done that, you know, dear @Tori72. Also, I'm a woman, too. Weird, huh? Anyway.

27 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

The weight issue hasn't been really discussed much before has it? in here i mean. However he has got fatter but he's not really fat IMO. In England it's called 'middle age spread' and it happens to most people unless you actively do work at keeping slim. I don't :lol: and maybe Axl thinks he had his best years being slim and now is just enjoying life :shrugs:That's what i'm doing, besides 'fat Axl' memes are kinda funny :lol: 

No, it hasn't.  As @Politania mentioned, out of everyone in the band, Axl's physical appearance in general has changed the most dramatically.  Don't know why that is.

LOL!! middle aged spread!  It's a battle, that's for sure.  I should probably put down that bag of crisps now.:laugh:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I believe in that too. It's like when you have a new hair cut, you'll have it for some time, but then you'll get tired of having the same hair and you'll just change, and never do it again. Maybe he's tired of being a slim handsome man?

1 hour ago, cindy1985 said:

He`s got male type of fat storage - "apple". Which means no serious fat on ass and extremities until really obese. Mostly genes. Nice surprise is that with this type usually men have bony ass and thin legs, but luckily not all.

large.jpg

(Visible even in `91, focus on chest and shoulders, ladies)

My favorite hiking companion is lady born in 1962, who is really fit, does more exercise than me and is middle age widespread.

Axl is in limelight, he is the poster boy of the band, the exposed one, everyone judges his appearance.

• Like 1