GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

I don't know how you guys are so optimistic for new music. For the past two years I haven't seen a single sign that would make me think they are recording anything or even interested in making music together.

4 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Oooh...that is an intriguing idea.  I wonder if Axl has ever checked them out?  Drop over to Slash's for a cup of tea (lol!) and listen to the boys.  Probably more likely someone would send him a link to their instagram. :lol:  I do think the bass player could sing for them , at least temporarily until they find who they're looking for.

Edit: there's something about that bass player...his voice reminds me of someone else...I was thinking Tears for Fears guy but it's not him...can't think who it is but I'm sure it's someone from an 80s band...

I'm getting early Duff vibes from him.

Steve Morrissey from The Smiths?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Edit: there's something about that bass player...his voice reminds me of someone else...I was thinking Tears for Fears guy but it's not him...can't think who it is but I'm sure it's someone from an 80s band...

1 hour ago, purplestargirl said:

I'm getting early Duff vibes from him.

Steve Morrissey from The Smiths?

I hear Morrissey phrasing, too.  But his voice is deeper, like the guy from The Church?  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

- Duff moving to LA Whoooo!   :dance:   Axl, Slash and Duff all now living in the same area.  Whoooo! :dance:

Duff's been living in L.A. off and on for years so this one really means nothing at all. He'd probably be home in Seattle more often if his house up there wasn't getting remodeled, which I know about because Su showed it on one of her Instastories and the city of Seattle has a website where you can see records for permits regarding rebuilding and remodeling buildings and houses. Don't know why they make that available to the public. :shrugs: 

Someone also wrote Duff's real Seattle address in a Duzzy fanfiction I read...I wanted to see if it was a real place. Surprise, it was and turned out to be his actual address.

12 minutes ago, triad said:

I hear Morrissey phrasing, too.  But his voice is deeper, like the guy from The Church?  

Maybe it's a mixture of both. There's definitely an influence from 80's alternative rock artists in the bassist's voice. His wardrobe choices are definitely influenced by Duff's early days in Guns because of the hankerchief around his neck and he was wearing suspenders like Duff used to.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

@MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle Also, Axl posting that picture of the ghost in the studio.

What ghost in the studio is this? I have missed something.

9 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Duff's been living in L.A. off and on for years so this one really means nothing at all. He'd probably be home in Seattle more often if his house up there wasn't getting remodeled, which I know about because Su showed it on one of her Instastories and the city of Seattle has a website where you can see records for permits regarding rebuilding and remodeling buildings and houses. Don't know why they make that available to the public. :shrugs: 

Someone also wrote Duff's real Seattle address in a Duzzy fanfiction I read...I wanted to see if it was a real place. Surprise, it was and turned out to be his actual address.

Maybe it's a mixture of both. There's definitely an influence from 80's alternative rock artists in the bassist's voice. His wardrobe choices are definitely influenced by Duff's early days in Guns because of the hankerchief around his neck and he was wearing suspenders like Duff used to.

Ah, ok, thanks for the info.  When Susan posted a week or so ago about them being back in LA I did wonder when was the last time they lived there?  I already assumed they'd have a house there (probably got houses everywhere).  Anyway, now they all available for potential recording and what have you, in the same area. :ph34r:  Sounds like there are some sleuths in the fanficiton zone too? 

Yeah, I thought of early Duff in the fashion department too. ^^  Just realised I have no idea what the bass player's name is. 

30 minutes ago, triad said:

Yeah, this is pretty close.  I don't think this is who I was thinking of however.  It's going to drive me bonkers. :lol:

6 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

What ghost in the studio is this? I have missed something.

Ah, ok, thanks for the info.  When Susan posted a week or so ago about them being back in LA I did wonder when was the last time they lived there?  I already assumed they'd have a house there (probably got houses everywhere).  Anyway, now they all available for potential recording and what have you, in the same area. :ph34r:  Sounds like there are some sleuths in the fanficiton zone too? 

Yeah, I thought of early Duff in the fashion department too. ^^  Just realised I have no idea what the bass player's name is. 

Apparently his name is Hunter Kubat. I went to the band's IG page and found the bassist's IG page linked there.

• Like 1

@triad On second thought I think maybe it is the Church guy I was thinking of...just had a listen to the wonderful Under The Milky Way and the two are so similar.  I honestly think they should make him their singer.  He's got a really distinctive voice.  Be interesting to see where/how far Classless Act go.  

OMG, in 2014 Axl said he was looking forward to release the follow up to Chinese Democracy and it never happened, of course :lol:

Not even him can be trusted with info about new music.

I don't believe in anything until the evidence is out there in the form of a press release or something.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

@triad On second thought I think maybe it is the Church guy I was thinking of...just had a listen to the wonderful Under The Milky Way and the two are so similar.  I honestly think they should make him their singer.  He's got a really distinctive voice.  Be interesting to see where/how far Classless Act go.  

Lol, I listened to about a dozen 80's bands trying to find a match to his vocals.  He could be a lead singer; depending on what they're looking for.  If they want a Robert Plant/Steven Tyler/Axl type then the search must go on!  I do like their instrumental sound and see a lot of potential.  It's great that we get to follow along with their progression.  

1 hour ago, triad said:

Lol, I listened to about a dozen 80's bands trying to find a match to his vocals.  He could be a lead singer; depending on what they're looking for.  If they want a Robert Plant/Steven Tyler/Axl type then the search must go on!  I do like their instrumental sound and see a lot of potential.  It's great that we get to follow along with their progression.  

Yeah, it seems this is what they're looking for :lol:

The bassist is obviously more into post-punk/goth, and he has already released an album! Talented boy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Oldest Goat I don't remember. I think he said it was April 2015 when he talked to Slash or called Slash.... but who knows :shrugs:

Anyway, he said this new music thing in mid 2014. Guess the new album must have been canned or it was just more BS to make it sound like he had a project going on, while in the background he was cooking the reunion (either in his mind or in real life).

Edited by killuridols

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Anyway, he said this new music thing in mid 2014. Guess the new album must have been canned or it was just more BS to make it sound like he had a project going on, while in the background he was cooking the reunion (either in his mind or in real life).

@downzy say that in 2015 Axl spend a good amount of time in the studio, the goal was to release material at that time....the reunion stopped the plan....but according to his sources, he was very adamant to release new music. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

The bassist is obviously more into post-punk/goth, and he has already released an album! Talented boy.

Well, there ya go!  Good find.  When I read "fly kick in spandex", I picture David Lee Roth.  :lol: 

I can hardly wait to see who meets their requirements! 

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

1 hour ago, triad said:

Well, there ya go!  Good find.  When I read "fly kick in spandex", I picture David Lee Roth.  :lol: 

I can hardly wait to see who meets their requirements! 

Lol! I knew they were looking for a singer like that. Being Slash's son he cannot picture a Rock n Roll band without a kick-ass screetching singer. Also they want a RnB background which is just straight back to the roots of rock. Also it reminds me of the ad GnR was searching for their new guitarist with... ;) Aaaahhh - good old times. Rock n roll coming back into rolling. And that bass player has a very special voice, also that guy has a some charisma. They need to stand sometime on the meadow (and play and play) and they gonna be great. :lol:

11 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Well, it is a leap of faith but it's not entirely without foundation.

I've never listed the signs before so here goes (this is just what changed my mind, not speaking for anyone else):

- new soundcheck jam no.1 nobody here heard it but the poster who reported back to us in the show thread who was standing outside, said it was Sabbathy and kinda heavy

- soundless soundcheck where Meegan said 'you'll have to wait to hear new music' (yeeeeeah, Meegan's credibility is suddenly being called into question...I know, but still...

- new soundcheck jam no.2 I heard this one and it was Sabbathy and along the lines of DTJ but slower, heavier.  The few of us that were online that night agreed it wasn't actually DTJ. lol

- new soundcheck no.3 again it was Sabbathy.  Someone in the show thread thought it reminded them of Locomotive.  I heard echoes of DTJ again.  Anyway, I concluded if it was random jamming, why was it variations of the same song-in-progress?  They each had a common element so not random.

- the sudden improvement in the playing of CD songs shortly after the start of the final NA leg.  The Apollo gig wasn't particularly good and I remember complaining loudly about how badly they were playing the CD songs, how the CD songs should be dropped because they sucked and how Slash must really hate Axl because he sure was butchering every CD solo he could. lol  The diabolical TWAT was almost the final straw for me.  Could not for the life of me work out why Axl was persevering with the hopeless CD songs.  Not long after that, (I can't remember which show now) I was like, hang on, that was good. WTF? :blink:  And it just got better and better from there.  How it relates to new music is a whole other convo all about Axl and Slash - but I count it as my sign. 

- Duff releasing the new songs for Levee Walkers and announcing forthcoming Walking Papers album in Jan (which I am SO excited about) whilst on tour = rigorous tour proving no barrier to making music so what ELSE might have they all have found time for whilst on tour? Hmm....?  

- Axl (and everyone I guess), appearing happier and more relaxed with each passing show for the NA leg 

- some semblance of onstage chemistry between Axl, Slash and Duff (but also whole band) that most definitely wasn't there before 

- Melissa's 'months and years' post

- the whole SMKC confusion about what's actually going on because it's far from clear

- Duff moving to LA Whoooo!   :dance:   Axl, Slash and Duff all now living in the same area.  Whoooo! :dance:

- Fleb's 2018 will be even bigger post

- lastly, I forgot about Axl's comments for China Exchange until I checked that out again recently.  He already had music in the bag at the start of the tour that they might have since reworked (easy enough).  He said he wants to put new music out under the GNR umbrella so the desire is there.  I know, I know, there are all sorts of  'yeah buts' that you can throw at those China Exchange comments of Axl's however, he was being cautious back then, as you'd expect.  So he wouldn't be too direct or specific until he felt more certain about how it was going to play out.  Since then, the tour has gone on to become phenomenally successful and even if they're not all best buds and having groups hugs back stage and wearing each other's Xmas jumpers, I would not find it hard to believe that they have a positive working relationship that could lead to new music.

Ummm...so those are my signs. :D

This post right here just made my Xmas :hug:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Ok, what's not to love about an IG name like Sparklefuck. Too funny.

His Insta account photos seem to be inspired by Slash and they want a singer like Axl... GnR, the next generation 😁

13 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

It's crazy what you can find on the internet. Duff lives in a really nice part of Seattle but I'm under the impression- could be wrong- that the family home has been LA (although they moved in the same neighborhood not too long ago).