GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Is it only me or why can't I take someone seriously that follows an artist basically around the world?

About Slash's not reaching out to Axl - a lot of speculation has been going on about that since NITL. Only time will tell...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Billboard in one of the reviews said that Axl in 1991-1993 was a Panther on Acid...jaja

I read an article on D&N about how sad is that Axl didn't die like Kurt Cobain, how dare to grow old!! Dear God!:facepalm: That article made me cranky

That article was disgusting ego-rubbing, it speaks about the author, nothing more. :hug:

20 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

This is my opinion too. Sounds like Tako is punishing Slash for his lack of aknowledgement.....

Did you notice that Fernando Lebeis were in Guadalajara, Mx yesterday? I wonder if he is shopping dates for GNR in Mexico...or only he wants to eat there..because apparently he is only good at eating...(yes I'm cranky today)

Honestly, I haven't been following the freak show on social media lately because 1) I'm tired and 2) I have a show coming and I want to detox and 3) actually I wish I could cancel the show because I'm getting annoyed :max:

Not sure what Fernando was doing there but I know his partner was there some months ago to prepare their wedding.... so maybe he finally got married? :shrugs:

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Y'know, Tako herself is quite rude. She pushed into the queue in London and I don't think that's cool at all. 

I don't like her and I don't like many of those "popular" fans who manage groups and websites in Facebook or Twitter. They have an attitude, they think they are the only fans that matter, they think the artist acknowledges ALL THE TIME and that they are the best fans of the universe who deserve all the priviledges over anyone else.

For all I care, they can fuck off. I don't owe them jack shit. I've been fan for 25 years and none of these idiots will dictate my opinion on anything.

9 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Is it only me or why can't I take someone seriously that follows an artist basically around the world?

Explain.

The Tako thing....I saw her in Vienna after she had finally met Axl. She looked really happy and excited about the meeting, not sure if she really was or pretended it. Anyway, maybe that was the moment when Axl made her join the dark side :lol:. I've noticed that since then she has taken much better pics of him and fat pics of Slash:ph34r:

I think most of the fans know that Slash usually doesn't take any pics. So they should respect it. When I met him in Prague he was really nice and even smiled. Yes, a picture would have been a great bonus, but when he doesn't feel like taking photos, it should be respected. And not punish him or chase his as with a camera in one hand...

@MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle I'm sure there are many more moments when Slash reacts positively to Axl, for example the Brokeback Mountain moment or the Apollo show. Slash really enters his own world when playing the guitar so that may be why he doesn't show any love for Axl. But who knows. :shrugs:

29 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

And Axl....he has a mobile phone the size of a fucking laptop and he is incapable to write something on Twitter? (Again...cranky)

Yes, that's what I complained about 2 days ago or so. He should finally find his password and tweet a huge thank you to me Europe. :max: We feel like orphaned kids now :unsure:. I miss his emojis :no:. Come on Axl, I know you can do it. It's so easy. Or do you want me to make a fake-tweet? :popcorn:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't like her and I don't like many of those "popular" fans who manage groups and websites in Facebook or Twitter. They have an attitude, they think they are the only fans that matter, they think the artist acknowledges ALL THE TIME and that they are the best fans of the universe who deserve all the priviledges over anyone else.

For all I care, they can fuck off. I don't owe them jack shit. I've been fan for 25 years and none of these idiots will dictate my opinion on anything.

It's weird because I think they think they are celebrities amongst fans, they know it all :rolleyes: That's the kind of attitude they have. It's very amusing to see it first hand, and sure they spend a lot of money following GnR everywhere but that's all on them, not the band!

Fancy not taking pictures of Slash because of his behaviour with people he doesn't know :lol:

Even though Slash has remained popular since he left GnR the amount of fans he has to deal with now is many more, of course he cannot be as personal as he once was with them. He has assholes like me who wouldn't go to see SMKC but are there now, so she will have to just fuckin' grow up and learn to share :) 

40 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I once went to 3 Metallica shows in a row and I was bored to death on the last one. I don't know how people see the same show over and over. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

@MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle I'm sure there are many more moments when Slash reacts positively to Axl, for example the Brokeback Mountain moment or the Apollo show. Slash really enters his own world when playing the guitar so that may be why he doesn't show any love for Axl. But who knows. :shrugs:

Whats the Brokeback Mountain moment? :lol:  I know what Brokeback Mountain is (harrowing! Loved it, but harrowing!) but what is this moment?

6 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Whats the Brokeback Mountain moment? :lol:  I know what Brokeback Mountain is (harrowing! Loved it, but harrowing!) but what is this moment?

It happened during one of the European shows (Italy I guess) :ph34r:

mNQaVu.gif

Spoiler

eaWkh5.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's weird because I think they think they are celebrities amongst fans, they know it all :rolleyes: That's the kind of attitude they have. It's very amusing to see it first hand, and sure they spend a lot of money following GnR everywhere but that's all on them, not the band!

Fancy not taking pictures of Slash because of his behaviour with people he doesn't know :lol:

Even though Slash has remained popular since he left GnR the amount of fans he has to deal with now is many more, of course he cannot be as personal as he once was with them. He has assholes like me who wouldn't go to see SMKC but are there now, so she will have to just fuckin' grow up and learn to share :) 

Yeah, "celebrities".... LOL... they can suck my sour butt :lol:

This is also because there are tons of people enabling them, praising them and sucking up to them, like they are celebrities but they are not.
I know some of them were in my Argentina shows but I couldn't give a heck about it. You wouldn't see me going crazy to say hi to them or whatever. I was with my group doing my thing.

Don't know what Tako means by Slash changing behavior.... she's always front row taking 10000 pictures and what is Slash supposed to do? Call her backstage everytime??

There's a lot of entitlement with these fans and I cannot understand it. Or maybe I'm just not like that... I've always been shy with people I dont know. I would never have the guts to do what that guy did, following Slash with a camera just because he denied a picture. OMG wth is that? :crazy:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, "celebrities".... LOL... they can suck my sour butt :lol:

This is also because there are tons of people enabling them, praising them and sucking up to them, like they are celebrities but they are not.
I know some of them were in my Argentina shows but I couldn't give a heck about it. You wouldn't see me going crazy to say hi to them or whatever. I was with my group doing my thing.

Don't know what Tako means by Slash changing behavior.... she's always front row taking 10000 pictures and what is Slash supposed to do? Call her backstage everytime??

There's a lot of entitlement with these fans and I cannot understand it. Or maybe I'm just not like that... I've always been shy with people I dont know. I would never have the guts to do what that guy did, following Slash with a camera just because he denied a picture. OMG wth is that? :crazy:

I don't see this situation as much different to when Axl got stuck outside the New York nightclub without a car and was hassled. Nobody on here could blame him for being frustrated and swearing and getting pissy and so the same for Slash. 

That picture the "fan" took of him in his seat on the aeroplane is just plain creepy, scary creepy :scared:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't see this situation as much different to when Axl got stuck outside the New York nightclub without a car and was hassled. Nobody on here could blame him for being frustrated and swearing and getting pissy and so the same for Slash. 

That picture the "fan" took of him in his seat on the aeroplane is just plain creepy, scary creepy :scared:

And then to go and post it - like they're proud of it?!  That's getting dangerously close to stalker territory...

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

No, it's not just you. I don't really understand what's the point of seeing the exact same show 120 times . + It always surprised me how these people can take several months off work to follow a band around the world , and in case they don't work how in the world can they afford to   attend hundreds of shows around the globe?:facepalm: or maybe I'm just being jealous.:smiley-confused2:

Edited by Natalia92
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's a bit different... First, Axl did sign some stuff to people waiting outside and he shook the hand of one guy, so in that sense, Axl was being open to the fans and people around him. Second, he wasn't mad at the fans at all, not even at the camera guy (although he told him off but just because he was mad at the whole situation). Axl was mad because his car was not waiting for him at the front of the club as it should have and every other car he tried to get in they told him to get out.

This case with Slash seems like he really didn't want to stop for pictures or anything and apparently he ignored the guy and so the guy started following him throughout the airport with the camera until Slash lost it and gave him the finger. Now the guy is making a fuckin' scandal out of it.

I wonder, was that guy on Slash plane as well? How did he get that picture of Slash sitting? I

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Axl was mad because his car was not waiting for him at the front of the club as it should have and every other car he tried to get in they told him to get out.

Imagine that! the guy who paid all....idiots! (but Axl is more idiot, for allowed them to be around)...Every time I remember....sigh

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It's a bit different... First, Axl did sign some stuff to people waiting outside and he shook the hand of one guy, so in that sense, Axl was being open to the fans and people around him. Second, he wasn't mad at the fans at all, not even at the camera guy (although he told him off but just because he was mad at the whole situation). Axl was mad because his car was not waiting for him at the front of the club as it should have and every other car he tried to get in they told him to get out.

This case with Slash seems like he really didn't want to stop for pictures or anything and apparently he ignored the guy and so the guy started following him throughout the airport with the camera until Slash lost it and gave him the finger. Now the guy is making a fuckin' scandal out of it.

I wonder, was that guy on Slash plane as well? How did he get that picture of Slash sitting? I

Yeah, he did try to sign things for people and then it got out of hand. Plus the people there were quite a lot closer to Axl and a few more, so yeah not the same at all :lol: Still, it creeps me out to see them getting hassled like that and I don't blame them for being frustrated but I guess that's the price of being famous, if you want your tickets to sell or your signature guitars :shrugs:

I don't know how the guy would get on the same plane and be sat bang behind him, like some major coincidence! 

I think maybe sometimes Slash is just like that. When I saw him with Snakepit he was not fan friendly and there weren't many of us there, he just walked by us without saying a word and his bodyguard shoved people about. It wasn't a big deal though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I'm gonna change the topic a little bit :ph34r:. You all know that Tako is a huge Slash's fan and that he is at most of her pics from the shows. However, I wonder why she focused so much on Axl and ignored Slash at the Little Rock show. Today I saw a post on Facebook written by a guy who obviously wanted to take a pic with Slash at the airport/on the plane and Slash gave him a middle finger. I understand it if the fan was a pain in the ass and didn't stop following him after Slash had told him "no". But what is really interesting is a comment by Tako below the post. 

"He changed his attitude in this tour. So sad. He was so nice and cool until Japan tour last Jan. I don't know what happened, but I agree currently his attitude is rude and uncool even for me who saw his show over 120 times. That's why I didn't take his picture in Little Rock show."

This is kinda shocking for me given the fact that Tako travels all around the world just because of him. :shrugs:

Or did she fall in love with Axl after she had met him in Vienna? :smiley-confused2:

Tako fell out of love with Slash?

LOL

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

So I don't understand how he's changed in Tako's eyes :wacko: and what does she mean about that?

Also don't understand why she says she didn't take pictures of him in the Little Rock show? Was it so that she wouldn't bother him or as some sort of "punishment" for him being rude? :confused:

It seems to me some fans take it too serious what the artist owes them or not. I hope I'm wrong about Tako but she "punished" Axl for a long time, by taking UNFLATTERING pictures of him or when she's making a video of Slash and Axl gets into frame, she quickly moves the camera so she can keep filming Slash. Isn't that rude as well??

I wasn't aware of that (I don't follow her on IG and don't really know much about her except that she's Japanese and a huge Slash fan), but that is so so lame and childish and ridiculous and... I don't even know.

Shows how important these big name fans feel they are.

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

In my opinion, Slash is fed up with the fans. He must be having a hard time with the likes of Jazmin, Jenni and all that bunch of psychos who take it on Meegan and the children. He must feel repulsed by fans who have an attitude that reminds him of these creeps so he wants to be left alone.

I think all the fan craziness is taking its toll on Slash.

The level of crazy must have increased a lot since the reunion (and since the divorce) and he's not immune to it.

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I do not understand how they can do that, unless they are all filthy rich and don't need to work for a living.

What does Tako for example do in real life? Does she have some kind of actual job?

Is she a millionaire or something?

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

3 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

@Andy14  Wow, that is interesting.  I've said before there's something off about Slash, something that makes me not 100% convinced he and Axl have patched it up.  Going by body language, I see lots of incidences of Axl trying to sort of 'reach out' to Slash, as it were, on stage.  But I have only seen Slash 'give back' once, I think, and that was when Axl scared him!  Axl always seems to be trying to catch Slash's eye but Slash rarely looks at him (I'm not talking Slaxl here, just performance chemistry/having a good time and showing it).  I try to convince myself it's all ok but I'm not so sure.

Then again, Slash by and large, kept himself to himself on stage in the past didn't he?  I mean, except for Slaxl or Sluff moments but I always put that down to him being wasted or strung out.  He's not wasted anymore, so maybe that's the difference?  Maybe he just comes off as cold and aloof and doesn't mean to?  This is why I was so glad to see the photo in the show thread of the three of them smiling together.  I just see so little evidence of chemistry between them?

@MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle ... You should check out some of the older Slaxl moments from the NITL tour. You don't need to hold onto one or two instances of them smiling at each other or whatever, because @Andy14 is right- there have been tons of Slaxl moments since the NITL tour started. Off the top of my head I also remember the one where Axl showed Slash his shirt (and Slash later wearing that shirt it seemed), Axl tickling Slash, Axl leaning on Slash and them smiling at each other, them laughing together in that promo video (and hugging later on), Slash immediately trying to catch Axl when it looked like Axl was going to stumble with his crutches during one of the very first shows... I feel like I've seen a million NITL Slaxl GIFs and pictures in this thread and the old one. They're doing fine as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I don't really see what Slash seeming off has to with Slaxl. If there's really something off about Slash, I think it's more the pressure from a tour this big and all the crazy shit that comes with it (like stalkers and psychos), like I said above. Tbh, I think they should all take a break. What they're doing can't be good for Axl's voice and Axl seems more on edge too lately, and now something's also wrong with Slash supposedly? Time to dial it back a bit imo.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Frey said:

What does Tako for example do in real life? Does she have some kind of actual job?

@MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle ... You should check out some of the older Slaxl moments from the NITL tour. You don't need to hold onto one or two instances of them smiling at each other or whatever, because @Andy14 is right- there have been tons of Slaxl moments since the NITL tour started. Off the top of my head I also remember the one where Axl showed Slash his shirt (and Slash later wearing that shirt it seemed), Axl tickling Slash, Axl leaning on Slash and them smiling at each other, them laughing together in that promo video (and hugging later on), Slash immediately trying to catch Axl when it looked like Axl was going to stumble with his crutches during one of the very first shows... I feel like I've seen a million NITL Slaxl GIFs and pictures in this thread and the old one. They're doing fine as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I don't really see what Slash seeming off has to with Slaxl. If there's really something off about Slash, I think it's more the pressure from a tour this big and all the crazy shit that comes with it (like stalkers and psychos), like I said above. Tbh, I think they should all take a break. What they're doing can't be good for Axl's voice and Axl seems more on edge too lately, and now something's also wrong with Slash supposedly? Time to dial it back a bit imo.

Axl more on edge? I disagree with you on this one...have you seen the latest pics from the past few shows? Even the fans have commented how on this NA tour, he is so much more relaxed, happy,  and smiley compared to last year's NA tour. 

I do think Axl and Slash are fine....I have watched all of their shows and they seem just peachy. Did you guys see the pic of the big 3 from Little Rock? Grinning from ear to ear they were. :) They are side by side most of the time on stage too...lots of pics of them together. As far as Tako, she told someone that she is retired and uses her savings to travel the world and follow Guns. She must have saved since she was 5 haha!

Edited by marlingrl03

20 minutes ago, Frey said:

I'm sure there are many more moments when Slash reacts positively to Axl, for example the Brokeback Mountain moment

What? Can you elaborate on that? :lol:

22 minutes ago, Frey said:

I mean, except for Slaxl or Sluff moments but I always put that down to him being wasted or strung out.

Sorry, it's your quote of course,  @MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle,

Oh, yeah, sure :P More like completely fascinated with one another. :lol: I mean this argument doesn't hold. Of course Slash was more or less wasted or drunk pretty much all of the time between the day they started and until they broke up but does it mean that each of his behaviours should be interpreted that way? I don't think so. And he was the least drunk and wasted during shows - playing guitar takes some precision and if he was really gone he'd be fucking up all of the time. And it was rather rarely that he did.

Right now nobody really knows how things are going between them but judging on the basis of the lack of Slaxl moments on stage is far fetched. First of all Slash is so concentrated he doesn't see anything but the guitar most of the time. Second, everybody is scrutinizing and discussing every little moment they come in contact with one another for another week, I think it might be a little intimidating. In the early days there were no you tube videos and nobody cared which is why, I think, they could easily allow themselves for more. Also they are much more easy going in this respect in the promo videos - the one with Slash opening his arms for a hug upon seeing Axl shows a lot of warmth rather than hostility. So regardless of the truth I don't think we have any reason to believe antyhing is wrong judging by what we have.

I am also far from thinking that the fact Slash didn't want to take a picture with one fan means anything is wrong. Please, he could be tired, could have had a headache, could be pissed off at something at that moment, whatever. Or the fan could have been simply irritating. Why would this incident mean he's off or has some serious problem with whatever? Seriously, I would start killing people if they followed me all the time nagging me for a picture :lol:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, he did try to sign things for people and then it got out of hand. Plus the people there were quite a lot closer to Axl and a few more, so yeah not the same at all :lol: Still, it creeps me out to see them getting hassled like that and I don't blame them for being frustrated but I guess that's the price of being famous, if you want your tickets to sell or your signature guitars :shrugs:

Yes. It comes with the fame but I don't think rudeness, stalking and sense of entitlement towards them should come with the fame. Fans need to chill the fuck down, especially the GN'R fans who are all FUCKIN' OLD :facepalm:

I can understand a teenager having a seizure in front of whoever the teen star is right now but people in their 30s, 40s and even 50s have to grow up and act their fucking age when they bump into a celebrity!

37 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I think maybe sometimes Slash is just like that. When I saw him with Snakepit he was not fan friendly and there weren't many of us there, he just walked by us without saying a word and his bodyguard shoved people about. It wasn't a big deal though.

Yes, looks like he has his moods or he does the signing and takes pictures whenever he feels like, not when people approach him and want to force him into something.

31 minutes ago, Frey said:

I wasn't aware of that (I don't follow her on IG and don't really know much about her except that she's Japanese and a huge Slash fan), but that is so so lame and childish and ridiculous and... I don't even know.

Shows how important these big name fans feel they are.

I started following her because she takes good pictures and I collect pictures for reasons only known to myself :ph34r:.

I didn't know her before the reunion but soon enough I noticed she would only focus on Slash and then I scrolled back to her past photos and discovered she had been following Slash and his bands for quite some time and it looked to me like she was an Slashite of the kind that didn't follow nuGN'R nor Axl. She came back with the reunion and first thing that called my attention was her at the Troubadour show, front row, turning towards Slash side and only banging to him.... like Axl was 10cm next to her and she would turn her whole body and head to Slash, like deliberately showing off she was there for Slash and not the rest of the band.

That shit made me aware of the kind of fan she is and now I'm completely surprised by her comments on Facebook. I'm still not understand what happened for her to change her mind like that when she's been allowed everywhere and has taken 2000000 pictures of Slash. Even Meegan likes her photos and shit.... :shrugs:

37 minutes ago, Frey said:

I think all the fan craziness is taking its toll on Slash.

The level of crazy must have increased a lot since the reunion (and since the divorce) and he's not immune to it.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if Axl was to show a girlfriend or wife.

Now with all the Slash mess... I've been thinking if Axl is even allowed to have a woman and go public with her. Maybe he does have one but she's covered under several masks :smiley-confused2:

39 minutes ago, Frey said:

I do not understand how they can do that, unless they are all filthy rich and don't need to work for a living.

She doesn't go to GN'R shows only. Going by her pictures, she's always at a rock show.... I think she's a photographer and so is her husband, but not sure, really.

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I didn't know her before the reunion but soon enough I noticed she would only focus on Slash and then I scrolled back to her past photos and discovered she had been following Slash and his bands for quite some time and it looked to me like she was an Slashite of the kind that didn't follow nuGN'R nor Axl. She came back with the reunion and first thing that called my attention was her at the Troubadour show, front row, turning towards Slash side and only banging to him.... like Axl was 10cm next to her and she would turn her whole body and head to Slash, like deliberately showing off she was there for Slash and not the rest of the band.

I noticed another Slash fan recently, he talks to Meegan a lot on Instagram so you may notice him soon too. He went to a GnR show last year and he wrote on Instagram about how he was pissed off he wasn't given a backstage this time. He was going off like it was a massive injustice and someone asked him if Slash had said why he couldn't have one and he told them that all Slash would say was is that it is complicated. I suppose it is now with weirdos like Jasmin etc. 

Thats what he has to deal with. I think these fans have been used to being treated very personally by Slash, which is nice, but now he is in a totally different and bigger situation, they must understand it isn't possible on this level, it's just not. 

I think they're being a bit selfish.