GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

11 minutes ago, Natalia92 said:

For me , the theory of Tb having full control over Axl is plain garbage. I 've noticed that many people here embrace the theory of Axl being helpless , immature completeley dependent on them bla bla but I don't think it's true. I always perceived Axl as a highly intelligent and ( contrary to many) very strong person.

I was mostly ready to agree with you but it seems to me lately that Axl has had some serious problems lately, also with alcohol and other substances, so if it has been going on for years, it seems less improbable for me that he is in fact more dependent on TB than we would like to believe.

9 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Why would TB prefer Angus over Slash/Duff?

I think I explained that already - they are much more of a threat to their position than Angus. They've known him forever and they know what he was like when he was still normal, they were very close with him etc.

Edited by Asia

11 minutes ago, Natalia92 said:

or me , the theory of Tb having full control over Axl is plain garbage. I 've noticed that many people here embrace the theory of Axl being helpless , immature completeley dependent on them bla bla but I don't think it's true. I always perceived Axl as a highly intelligent and ( contrary to many) very strong person.

The person I saw on stage last night is not helpless, inmature and dependent...I saw a very strong performer with hunger to be good and he give it all!! I want to think in real life is the same...you cannot fake that...the same goes for the chemistry between him and Slash...I saw it with my own eyes..is there and they are not good actors.

@MillionsOfSpiders I didn't know that Axl was in not good state of mind during those years...sorry to hear that. 

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Ah, ok. See I didn't know until recently that Axl had gone off the rails into heavy drinking and now Duff's reaction to him drinking the beer at the piano that night makes more sense, because I thought he looked 'concerned' watching Axl and possibly that concern was not for himself, but for Axl?  

What night? You mean when Duff joined Guns back in '14 or now? when did that happen?

2 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

The person I saw on stage last night is not helpless, inmature and dependent...I saw a very strong performer with hunger to be good and he give it all!! I want to think in real life is the same...you cannot fake that...the same goes for the chemistry between him and Slash...

That's exactly the case - he's getting his confidence back, he's getting closer to Slash, so Slash and Duff will have more and more influence on him, he'll be gradually becoming more and more himself and less and less dependent on TB and that is the threat I'm talking about... What if he starts going out with them, listening to them, meeting people with them, what if he meets some woman, what if he makes a child - a whole gigantic tragedy for the lot.

10 minutes ago, Natalia92 said:

What night? You mean when Duff joined Guns back in '14 or now? when did that happen?

No, it was a few weeks ago. It was a photo and gif of Axl drinking a beer at the piano and Duff walking by looking what I would describe as concerned (obviously total speculation on my part there). There was a story as to why he was drinking the beer at the piano but I never found out why.

7 minutes ago, Asia said:

That's exactly the case - he's getting his confidence back, he's getting closer to Slash, so Slash and Duff will have more and more influence on him, he'll be gradually becoming more and more himself and less and less dependent on TB and that is the threat I'm talking about... What if he starts going out with them, listening to them, meeting people with them, what if he meets some woman, what if he makes a child - a whole gigantic tragedy for the lot.

Ah, ok gotcha. :thumbsup:  Yup.  That's a good theory.  If you're into the TB owns Axl theory.  I'm not personally buying that one, but I can see how it works from a TB POV.

7 minutes ago, Asia said:

What if he starts going out with them, listening to them, meeting people with them, what if he meets some woman, what if he makes a child - a whole gigantic tragedy for the lot.

I think you are missing the fact that Slash and Duff have their own families/girlfriens/kids, with whom they  spent most of their time with. I don't believe that they spend so much time with Axl offstage irrespectively of TB. They are not the 25- year old carefree dudes they were back in the day. Plus Axl is 55 y.o and unfortunately the chances of him starting his own family now are slim. I really wish he would find a nice woman and have kids with her and be happy because he deserves it but what are the chances of doing so in your mid - fifties?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fang said:

@MillionsOfSpiders where did you find the guitar tech interview? I would like to read it. Seems there are darker things going on than I wanted to believe.

The link to his interview where he talks about there being a lot of cocaine around the band has gone, but this was it

IMG_4744.PNG.8242417f5e1b9fb8a25b43c492fa2f41.PNG

It's why he left. He didn't say Axl did any, just the crew. 

In this interview, he speaks kindly of Axl

http://www.readjunk.com/interviews/1800-miles-to-nowhere-brian-keith-diaz/

• Like 1

I was reading the great review posted in the Miami Thread from the Miami New Times, this part:

The most powerful tribute of the night came in the form of a moving cover of "Black Hole Sun," in memory of Soundgarden frontman and Slash and McKagan collaborator Chris Cornell. The rendition also allowed space for Rose to sing in his gorgeous lower register, which goes criminally underused in favor of his admittedly impressive sky high range.

His lower register is heavenly awesome live....sigh...

• Like 2

@MillionsOfSpiders what was it that bothered him about the models?

Good to know he didn't mention Axl doing cocaine. Unfortunately though I think he does do some because of the "splenda" references. Back in the day Courtney Love said he had the best nose in rock. I just hope he's not going overboard with the stuff.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

We can only really speculate on that, but imo yes he did go off the rails and he was always photographed out drinking and was falling off tables, causing himself injuries.. He fell over on stage a lot from 2011 onwards, hell knows what was going on with him but it can't have been good! 

Who even knows if that is why Izzy is scared off now, after 2012. 

There was an interview with a guitar tech who left the GnR crew in 2012 because of all of the cocaine around the band and those models who were there in 2012 - I saw them in the toilets of MEN arena with tubs of cocaine. 

I remember what Axl failling off table in Russia, not remember what year,but , had video in youtoube what Axl go a hospital with Beta

Wow, I just learned Axl might be an alcoholic with cocaine habit! 😮 I've noticed him drinking more often than seems ok for me personally but I did't know there's so much going on behind closed doors (or is there?....). Back in the day he was quite against such things... 

I can only hope he gets his life back on track. It's never too late!

3 hours ago, Asia said:

I hope the "insider" is as full of shit as he seems to be.

That line that GNR album ain't happening unless TB has a falling out with Angus is scary. As if it was them who make all decisions for Axl, which btw is something many of you suggested here before. Then, in some horrible vision, I could see it happening. TB working for the reunion once they saw Axl is going down and will soon die leaving them with much too less than he could if he continued to live and work, so they convince him to take Slash in. Axl agrees, he's happy as shit throughout the entire tour but in the mean time Angus pops up and TB decides Angus will be better for Axl as they still don't trust Slash (Slash is a threat for them, Angus is not), so they force him to go all the way with Angus and shelve GNR for undefined time, hoping Axl will somehow be OK enough with AC/DC, even if not as happy as with his own band releasing his own music, and they will be safe without too much Slash and Duff around.

Argh :wow: Off with that awful vision...

It is usually Axl the one who has falling outs with people and TB follows him on that.... I don't see this happening with Angus.... Axl knows he has nothing to say regarding AC/DC future. Angus is the boss there.

The crazy theory about TB planning the Axl/DC thing would make sense if it wasn't that for this happening you needed Brian Johnson going deaf and actually wanting to step out. I know he didn't want to step out, he was forced but how could have TB make Johnson go deaf in first place? :question:

As I've said before, Axl still owns the band and he will do whatever he wants. Slash and Duff are hired for this tour with the possibility of recording new music if Axl wants to do that. I personally think he can't continue with GN'R without Slash and Duff anymore. He will have to retire GN'R because people will not accept a new lineup anymore. So from now on, he either releases new music or rehashes old shit and puts it out. Or he can shelve GN'R, go on with Angus and that's gonna be his main gig. Or he can go making instrumental albums. His legacy will continue to sell based on AFD solely.

1 hour ago, Natalia92 said:

For me , the theory of Tb having full control over Axl is plain garbage. I 've noticed that many people here embrace the theory of Axl being helpless , immature completeley dependent on them bla bla but I don't think it's true. I always perceived Axl as a highly intelligent and ( contrary to many) very strong person.

Yeah, also the theory of Axl being "highly intelligent" is plain bullshit.....

The theory of TB controlling Axl has more legs than anything else and when we talk about it we are basically talking about his personal life. There's enough evidence of Axl being helpless..... as recently shown in the videos of the missing car.........

37 minutes ago, Natalia92 said:

I think you are missing the fact that Slash and Duff have their own families/girlfriens/kids

So? They still go out, meet people, organize parties and other shit where you also meet other people. I don't see a problem with that.

38 minutes ago, Natalia92 said:

I don't believe that they spend so much time with Axl offstage irrespectively of TB.

This you don't know, neither of us does. It's your theory, nothing more. People also claimed Duff didn't spend much time with Axl while on tour with him and NuGuns , yet he made it possible for the reunion to happen. Probably not through just his presence. There must have been many talks.

40 minutes ago, Natalia92 said:

Plus Axl is 55 y.o and unfortunately the chances of him starting his own family now are slim.

Really? I know plenty of men this age or older who did without even being rich and famous. How old are you that you think people at 52 stand over their grave already? Btw - my father was over 60 when he made me ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The crazy theory about TB planning the Axl/DC thing would make sense if it wasn't that for this happening you needed Brian Johnson going deaf and actually wanting to step out. I know he didn't want to step out, he was forced but how could have TB make Johnson go deaf in first place?

Of course they didn't. This crazy theory is based upon the assumption that it was a coincidence that happened and that TB made use of. They began to push for the reunion cause they had no choice if Axl was going downhill and would drink himself to death. They didn't know at that point about the AC/DC thing - it came later, had they known (at least within the realms of this theory), they would go for it instead of the reunion.

11 minutes ago, Asia said:

Of course they didn't. This crazy theory is based upon the assumption that it was a coincidence that happened and that TB made use of. They began to push for the reunion cause they had no choice if Axl was going downhill and would drink himself to death. They didn't know at that point about the AC/DC thing - it came later, had they known (at least within the realms of this theory), they would go for it instead of the reunion.

Ok.

I don't see it, though, the bolded part. Axl has always fought for GN'R.... I know he said at some point he wanted to shelve it so he could go making music for movies, but it looks to me he wants to have GN'R always in his life and he's so stubborn about it that he fuckin' ruined it for him and the band. Until it seems he understood there is no legit GN'R without Slash.

Yes, I think big part of why the reunion happened is because he was running out of money. But also because he saw he was getting reduced to a Vegas act and couldn't even tour his own country. He had to give in to the pressure he always refused to give in: the press, the fans and the industry.

Axl and TB are so greedy that they went for both things, AC/DC and the reunion.... and I don't think they will quit either.......... and if Axl gets himself another gig, then go ahead milord! :lol:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Inbox said:

Wow, I just learned Axl might be an alcoholic with cocaine habit! 😮 I've noticed him drinking more often than seems ok for me personally but I did't know there's so much going on behind closed doors (or is there?....). Back in the day he was quite against such things... 

I can only hope he gets his life back on track. It's never too late!

He seems fine right now and has been for the whole of this tour. I suppose he lives in that world :shrugs:

13 minutes ago, Asia said:

How old are you that you think people at 52 stand over their grave already? 

NEVER EVER said that.  I just believe that Axl might have some deeper issues that prevented him form making his own family ( like his traumatic childhood for example ) until the age of 55, so it is highly unlikely that this is going to change now, unless I don't know he finds a way to sort out his issues. To blame it on Tb is kind of superficial and unfair. I honestly wish him the best anyway. Noone of us knows what exactly goes on in his life and I find it quite repulsive that some people post like they have an insight in his personal life, spilling hatred for people they don't really know personally. And I'm not referring to you Asia :) goodnight! 

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Until it seems he understood there is no legit GN'R without Slash.

This is more true than 1 + 1 =2.

If Slash and Duff go...GNR is dead...I love Axl, but.....every other line up that not include those 2 (I wish with all my heart for Izzy's return) is bogus, and Axl is crazy (more that I thought) if he thinks otherwise

10 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

This is more true than 1 + 1 =2.

If Slash and Duff go...GNR is dead...I love Axl, but.....every other line up that not include those 2 (I wish with all my heart for Izzy's return) is bogus, and Axl is crazy (more that I thought) if he thinks otherwise

Yeah, I don't think after this he could bring new members and try to pass it as GN'R ever again------ but with Axl you never know... he's capable of ruin his own life and being totally aware of it :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I would be very sad if this tour is the end of GNR! They had a blast in the stage! I was so happy with the Trump-North Korea rant! But people didn't know about it...it was all over the news!

Trump-North Korea rant?

An actual rant?

18 minutes ago, Natalia92 said:

NEVER EVER said that.  I just believe that Axl might have some deeper issues that prevented him form making his own family ( like his traumatic childhood for example ) until the age of 55, so it is highly unlikely that this is going to change now, unless I don't know he finds a way to sort out his issues. To blame it on Tb is kind of superficial and unfair. I honestly wish him the best anyway. Noone of us knows what exactly goes on in his life and I find it quite repulsive that some people post like they have an insight in his personal life, spilling hatred for people they don't really know personally. And I'm not referring to you Asia :) goodnight! 

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to at least distrust TB.

And the bits and pieces we do know about are more than enough to make me question their motives and to make me think they're capable of some seriously shady shit.

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

When Slash hugged Beta though.. it looked so sincere and sweet. 

That's what I wonder about too.

It makes sense to keep things professional and polite with TB. But cuddling Beta and constantly commenting on their social media and fawning over the TB kids and stuff- that seems over the top and like more effort than necessary to achieve a smooth business relationship.

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Because in 2010 he was doing really good, then he went off the rails in NY and the whole Reading thing and then he was kind of OK for a bit and then he lost his voice, started getting fat, looked like he didn't care any more... 

Thats what happened. In that time frame he gives 2010-2015, it is stating the bleeding obvious though for anyone who saw him in that time period (especially after 2011) 

I think this is why when Axl is seen drinking now you see some posters really don't like it, because they don't want him to go back that way. 

What was the whole Reading thing you mention again?

I always assumed that Axl felt depressed in the years after the CD release, since CD wasn't as well received as he'd hoped for and with every year that went by, he became more unhappy and more uncertain about what to do.

Which caused all the drinking and his lack of caring.

That one show (RIR 2011) where he seemed completely out of it and forgot all the lyrics and would sometimes just stare off into the distance as if he was going to cry any minute was the worst for me.

On the other hand, those are also the years Duff was back in his life and working on Axl, until he reached a point where he felt a reunion was not out of the question anymore and also suddenly started looking better again and even dared to do the whole AC/DC thing (I think the Axl in the years before wouldn't have considered such a daunting task).

So alternative wild theory (with tons of holes): Maybe Duff knew something (something different than what I described above) was wrong with Axl and decided to step in? Maybe Axl was right and the London meeting was no coincidence, but planned and arrganed by Duff? And ever since then Duff basically stuck by Axl's side and subtly worked his magic on him until we reached the point we're at now.

35 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, also the theory of Axl being "highly intelligent" is plain bullshit.....

The theory of TB controlling Axl has more legs than anything else and when we talk about it we are basically talking about his personal life. There's enough evidence of Axl being helpless..... as recently shown in the videos of the missing car.........

Yeah, TB manipulating Axl sounds more plausible to me than Axl being "highly intelligent" (but then again, I'm the guy who once started the "how intelligent is Axl really?" debate here because I don't believe in this whole genius Axl idea.)

And even if Axl was really intelligent, so what? Intelligent people can still be very vulnerable emotionally, easily taken advantage of, suffer from mental health issues etc., all of which can make them easy prey for the right (or rather wrong) kind of people.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, I don't think after this he could bring new members and try to pass it as GN'R ever again------ but with Axl you never know... he's capable of ruin his own life and being totally aware of it :ph34r:

Today, I'm glowing from last night, he was in Top Form and to be honest he seems very confident and happy....I don't know if he is faking on stage...but God if he is faking it, he is the best fucking actor in the world (best than Brando) 

@Frey yes! 

During Knocking on Heavens Door at the last time of asking us to sing he said that it maybe the last time he can sing those songs because "our leader" was threating North Korea with nukes, he hopes cool heads prevail...the way he said "our leader" was super sarcastic...I enjoy very much (not want to go political here)

Edit to add: I have to go....time to shopping!!!! We will fly home tonight..great, great gig!

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 1

Genuine question: why are people questioning Axl's intelligence?  The guy is intelligent.  You can just tell by listening to him.  If nothing else, Slash has said repeatedly, that Axl is intelligent.  In fact his words were that Axl is 'super, super intelligent and a very astute individual' (that part came from the interview where he was asked to state Axl's good qualities).  Genius? Probably not, I don't know.  Who has called him a genius?  But he is a smart guy.  I don't really know how that can be in doubt?