GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, purplestargirl said:

What I don't get is the secrecy for muting the audio on the video.

Maybe to protect him a bit. He's young and probably still honing his skills. The internet can be a cruel place.

My son keeps begging me for a youtube channel to post his art stuff but I'm really dubious about letting him put himself out there just yet.

Social media is a really tricky parental issue, it must be even harder if they are a kid of someone famous.

• Like 2

I had a heart attack when I first saw that 'new music' wording from Meegan.  

It's definitely not a clear cut situation this one and my optimism/pessimism spectrum is now in overdrive. :lol:  

London's 'band' has so far, from what I can see on his insta, consisted of him and his guitarist.  They've been advertising for the rest of the band.  What actual music have they made? I don't know.  But to use the word 'new' music for a fledging band is...well, it could just be Meegan not being careful about her word choice.  Or it could be referring to new Guns music which London is having fun trying out along with his dad.  Or they're trolling us.  Argh!

Any new GNR music is Axl's music, we know how territorial he is about this from the past. I don't see him green lighting the first mentions being done like this. I suppose it's possible but more likely just a poorly though out, off the cuff comment from Meegan.

In any case, Meegan has now been inundated with NEW MUSIC?!? FROM GNR?!?! in the comments. ^^

Edit: love how someone has said 'You may well break the internet with this comment.'  If it's not new Guns music, Meegan will be like, :facepalm: Be more careful Meegan!

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

17 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

It's definitely not a clear cut situation this one and my optimism/pessimism spectrum is now in overdrive. :lol:  

London's 'band' has so far, from what I can see on his insta, consisted of him and his guitarist.  They've been advertising for the rest of the band.  What actual music have they made? I don't know.  But to use the word 'new' music for a fledging band is...well, it could just be Meegan not being careful about her word choice.  Or it could be referring to new Guns music which London is having fun trying out along with his dad.  Or they're trolling us.  Argh!

Most likely the bolded.

Considering how things are currently with the band (no interviews policy - no talk about the future), I don't think Meegan would take the liberty to announce new GnR music on her IG.

If it doesn't have to do with London's band, it's probably new Slash solo stuff...

8 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Any new GNR music is Axl's music, we know how territorial he is about this from the past. I don't see him green lighting the first mentions being done like this. I suppose it's possible but more likely just a poorly though out, off the cuff comment from Meegan.

Territorial Axl! I like the sound of that :lol: Meegan just step into Axl's sacred territorial using the words "new song" :P

• Like 1

https://youtu.be/XAnc7pY2qIg

Some Slash drool at the end 

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Most likely the bolded.

Considering how things are currently with the band (no interviews policy - no talk about the future), I don't think Meegan would take the liberty to announce new GnR music on her IG.

If it doesn't have to do with London's band, it's probably new Slash solo stuff...

I bet they were probably just jamming some random tune or something. Maybe it'll become a new song for them at some point.

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Just watching the clip again brings a lump to my throat.  Look at that boy go, and Uncle Duff's up there with him - like holy shit, imagine being 14 and getting to play alongside Duff for a bit. ^^  Then again, if Slash is your dad...:lol:

... And Uncle Duff is being Uncle Duff and both Dad and Uncle Duff are so stoneold they're embarrassing anyway :lol:

3 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I don't see where she said anything about new music but then again I might of missed that specific post.

10 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

I don't see where she said anything about new music but then again I might of missed that specific post.

T2IbQf9.png

I also think it's for London's band. Because if this band has taught me anything it's not to raise my hopes up whenever something like this appears. :max::no:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

T2IbQf9.png

I also think it's for London's band. Because if this band has taught me anything it's not to raise my hopes up whenever something like this appears. :max::no:

I went back and looked at that post and saw the comment. She needs to be more specific in saying who's doing the new music because it causes confusion like I saw in that comment thread.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

From the clip it seems that no one else (Richard etc) was there. Maybe Slash and Duff went to the venue before the rest of the band...

Yeah, but I wouldn't count Richard on anything to do with new music, lol.... I mean, it is clear who the bosses are in the band, even if Axl is still the major boss :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Could be music made for the boy, for his own band. In the clip that he put in the instagram of his band Classless Act, he said that there is not audio because is top secret.

Edited to add: I think Frank is a good drummer, and he plays well in GNR....don't see the need to change if is not for Steven or Matt Sorum

Is that clip the same as this one? If it is then it's fair to say it's music for his band, otherwise making all this act using the Guns N' Roses stage and instruments, I find it a bit disrespectful.... Don't know :shrugs:

6 hours ago, Tori72 said:

That's what I think. To me, London as a drummer wouldn't legitimize anything. Why? How? I'm not into monarchist systems .. lol 

Monarchy? That's not what I said :rolleyes:

In my opinion, this lineup is still questioned by lots of hardcore fans because it doesn't contain Izzy and/or Steven. And since I perceive that neither of them will be joining the band permanently in the near future, I think that having original GN'R blood joining the band would be better received by the fans than keeping Frank (who seems to be highly criticized) or picking yet another drummer. 

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

IMG_4778.thumb.PNG.3457d785b883c7b6376ceea0519da024.PNG

Has London got a pair of Axl trainers on? 

Yes, hahahah 

4 hours ago, alfierose said:

I agree with your reasoning and probably you are 99% right with this, but let's don't forget how some major news from this band broke in the past.

Like I said before, Slash mending fences with Axl was strangely mentioned in some random interview Slash gave to European press, and the reunion thing, or first hints of it, was inadvertently mentioned by a drunk friend of Susan's during some Hollywood show of I don't remember what. 

Probably this is not the official announcement, but if it's not clarified soon, I think we could safely add it to the list of hints they've teased us with, before major news were disclosed.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Monarchy? That's not what I said :rolleyes:

In my opinion, this lineup is still questioned by lots of hardcore fans because it doesn't contain Izzy and/or Steven. And since I perceive that neither of them will be joining the band permanently in the near future, I think that having original GN'R blood joining the band would be better received by the fans than keeping Frank (who seems to be highly criticized) or picking yet another drummer. 

Yes, hahahah 

I agree with your reasoning and probably you are 99% right with this, but let's don't forget how some major news from this band were shared in the past. Like I said before, Slash mending fences with Axl was strangely mentioned in some random interview Slash gave to European press and the reunion, or first hints of it, was inadvertently mentioned by a drunk friend of Susan's during some Hollywood show of I don't remember what. 

Probably this is not the official announcement but if it's not clarified soon, I think we could add it to the list of hints that we experienced before major news were disclosed.

Out of likes.  Yep.  If it's not clarified, I'm gonna take it as a hint.  I'll probably regret that, but hey, it's a leap of faith. 

I also think it'd be super cool to train the kids up and draft them in to the band in years to come. :lol:  It's an awesome idea, even if it never comes to fruition.  I mean, obviously their kids have to have the musical chops to be included.  We don't want the kids in for the sake of it.  Call me crazy, I just get a kick out of the idea of the next generation of Gunners taking over playing duties.  

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Is that clip the same as this one? If it is then it's fair to say it's music for his band, otherwise making all this act using the Guns N' Roses stage and instruments, I find it a bit disrespectful.... Don't know :shrugs:

Whatever it is, I don't find it disrespectful that a band member's kid used the drum kit...

As for London as the GnR drummer... maybe it would be perceived a little better compared to the current situation, but there would still be complaints, accusations of nepotism etc. But regardless of this, it's not realistic at this point. London is still a kid going to school. Having a teenage band for fun in his free time is one thing, and being in a mega-band like GnR is another thing for a kid at this age; moreover, they'd have to adjust their touring schedule to school holidays :lol:

7 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Out of likes.  Yep.  If it's not clarified, I'm gonna take it as a hint.  I'll probably regret that, but hey, it's a leap of faith. 

I also think it'd be super cool to train the kids up and draft them in to the band in years to come. :lol:  It's an awesome idea, even if it never comes to fruition.  I mean, obviously their kids have to have the musical chops to be included.  We don't want the kids in for the sake of it.  Call me crazy, I just get a kick out of the idea of the next generation of Gunners taking over playing duties.  

Yeah, of course!!! But I trust Slash that he's raising an amazing kid with awesome skills or at least doing everything needed for the kid to come out good! :lol:

Like @alfierose mentioned before, I'm sure he's pretty much aware of the criticism in social media and everywhere, and how the kid would be submitted to heavy scrutiny if he was added to the band but all in all, I'm positive that London will come out great. Even without sound, I can perceive he's got the energy only a teenager could display and he seems to be very serious about it. 

No, I don't think you're crazy for fantasizing about this. If that's the case, then I'm crazy as well (although that's not news from me :ph34r:). LOL. I've been following the life of the kids too and I know they are working hard to make it into music as well so I hope the best for them. They are all lovely kids :heart:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Whatever it is, I don't find it disrespectful that a band member's kid used the drum kit...

As for London as the GnR drummer... maybe it would be perceived a little better compared to the current situation, but there would still be complaints, accusations of nepotism etc. But regardless of this, it's not realistic at this point. London is still a kid going to school. Having a teenage band for fun in his free time is one thing, and being in a mega-band like GnR is another thing for a kid at this age; moreover, they'd have to adjust their touring schedule to school holidays :lol:

I meant that using all the GN'R gear and environment for the music of his band it is strange, and having Meegan saying "new music" on top of that, knowing that GN'R fans are following her account in 99% of the cases because of GN'R, well.... maybe disrespectful is the wrong word but let's call it "not so wise" then...

As for London becoming a GN' R drummer, I know it is not realistic right now in 2017, but how old is the kid? Probably 14-15 years old.... If he completes school following a normal schedule, in 2 or 3 years he will be free and apt to do whatever he wants.

That span of time is probably what GN'R will take off for getting a rest from this tour and planning the future (if there is one, lol) so in the long term, it is not so unrealistic.

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Duff daughter has been opening act for GN'R last year. And I don't remember hearing complaints about it. So maybe there is a similar situation now with London. I don't think London is going to be the new GN'R drummer. The only head scratcher here is what Meegan meant when she said "new music"

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Yes, hahahah 

Ahhhh I think that is way cute :lol:

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Does it sound like Guns N' Roses? :question:

I like it! 

This has thrown me. For one because it does sound quite AC/DC-ish like someone else mentioned in D&N, that was my first though too. AC/DC with keys on it :lol:

Then, it doesn't really sound a whole lot like any of Slash's solo work that I can think of... it's sounds totally GnR to me, even more if they sped it up a little. 

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

This has thrown me. For one because it does sound quite AC/DC-ish like someone else mentioned in D&N, that was my first though too. AC/DC with keys on it :lol:

Then, it doesn't really sound a whole lot like any of Slash's solo work that I can think of... it's sounds totally GnR to me, even more if they sped it up a little. 

Yup. Omg, I can even visualize Angus doing his guitar movements at the rhythm of this jam! rock4

It is odd..... I have never heard Classless Act music before but wonder if the band of a teenager in 2017 could sound so much like "dad rock"?? :confused: