GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The members' sex is not visible to guests, but I have the impression that there aren't any women there at all - I imagine only hairy and sweaty guys behind the usernames :lol:

Yeah, me too haha. Like those guys I saw at both Axl/DC and Phil Rudd's shows. :nervous: Black ACDC shirts, old jeans and denim jackets they've been proudly wearing for the past 30 years :lol:.

2 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

LOL at the taking his friend comments.  How old are these people?  I wouldn't be surprised if there were closet GNR fans at the AC/DC forum...and maybe women lurking instead of posting? I thought it was kinda sweet that at the bass nerd's forum they have a thread for LGBTQ bass players. ^_^ They seem very chilled and mellow there.  That's bass players for you I guess. 

Somebody of them must lurk here (or somebody from this thread is a traitor :max:) because I came across a couple of my gifs on the ACDC forum some time ago :nervous:

The same goes for the Czech fan forum where a report from me and @Lumikki talking to Beta about Axl was shared. (So, hi lurkers :ph34r:)

@money honey Enjoy the show!!! :drool: I still am a little bit hungover after mine :unsure:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Myles guaranteed to not give headaches! Might put him to sleep instead. :lol:

I still think Slash's musician's heart belongs to Axl though.  Even in the feud days after CD came out he said it was 'fucking great' to hear Axl's voice again.  Who on earth could say that of Myles??

I wonder if Slash looked for a replacement Axl (even if subconsciously) in the same way Axl was looking for a replacement Slash?  That's one thing that the 'he-who-shall-not-be-named on the other GNR forum said that stood out as interesting: that in Buckethead Axl thought he'd finally replaced Slash and was absolutely devastated when Bucket did his Bucket thing and ran off.  

The closest Slash ever got to finding a vocalist approaching Axl territory was Andrew. 

I think Slash got fed up with depressive Axl, obsessive Axl, procrastinator Axl of the mid-late 90's and needed to get away from him for a while.

No, I don't think Slash looked for a replacement Axl... except that maybe Axl and Scott Weiland were closer in atittude than Axl and Myles..... Slash needed a strong personality for Velvet Revolver but for his solo efforts I think he prefers someone of a lower profile like Myles, a calmed, down to earth guy who's there just for singing and not for being the rock star because Slash is the rockstar ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I was looking for a 2010 Slash radio interview with Eddie Trunk. I didn't find it, but I found a TV interview with Trunk from the same year. Someone was looking for it in the Downloads section and I uploaded it there.

Anyway, I watched it, and at one point one of the other guys in Trunk's show asked Slash this: If you could only have one of these next two singers in your band forever, would it be Axl or Scott?

And Slash: Why did you guys have to go there. (laughs) I wasn't prepared for that one. (serious) Honestly, it would be Axl ... As far as singers are concerned... yeah. :heart:

YES!  His musician's heart belongs to Axl, that's all there is to it. ^^

47 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think Slash got fed up with depressive Axl, obsessive Axl, procrastinator Axl of the mid-late 90's and needed to get away from him for a while.

No, I don't think Slash looked for a replacement Axl... except that maybe Axl and Scott Weiland were closer in atittude than Axl and Myles..... Slash needed a strong personality for Velvet Revolver but for his solo efforts I think he prefers someone of a lower profile like Myles, a calmed, down to earth guy who's there just for singing and not for being the rock star because Slash is the rockstar ;)

Well said.  And yes, Slash is the rockstar when he's with Myles. I guess this way he gets the best of both worlds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Anyway, I watched it, and at one point one of the other guys in Trunk's show asked Slash this: If you could only have one of these next two singers in your band forever, would it be Axl or Scott?

And Slash: Why did you guys have to go there. (laughs) I wasn't prepared for that one. (serious) Honestly, it would be Axl ... As far as singers are concerned... yeah. :heart:

Oh man...that is so sweet! Axl always..love! Thanks for sharing that.

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, money honey said:

Wow really good research and analysis. I often think someone could do a PhD thesis on GnR. Maybe someone already has??

Im at the gate in Buffalo!!! Queueing in the heat. Soundcheck on now! 

Lol, I don't know about a thesis (although I think that in America they do theses on everything you can imagine). I have seen essays, not on their history, but on their cultural impact etc. Their story would make a great movie though (with a good screenwriter and director) or even a TV series (it could have several seasons, lol). It has everything. I'm surprised that no big producers and directors have grabbed it yet.

Have a great time at the show! :)

3 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I enjoy reading them, I must say they suffer worst than we here...at least sometimes we have Instagram of Axl's people and Meegan and Susan, they have nothing!!! and to be honest....to be in that limbo of your favourite band would be difficult (we will be at that in november...)

Yes, we complain that they keep us in the dark about their plans, the circumstances under which the reunion happened, why Izzy/Steven are not involved etc, but for AC/DC fans this has been the case all along. Nothing about the inner workings of the band ever came out. Of course there has been no drama for them until recently, but now with what happened with Brian and everything else they are all speculating, like we do, without having a clue. Someone in their forum posted a recent Phil Rudd interview where he talks about other members and former members, and they say that it's the first time someone from the band talked openly about these things, the relationships etc.

2 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

But I was under the impression those two didn't get along?  I've seen few interviews now where Slash has said how difficult he was, what with all his troubles, and his ego etc  He did say he got along with him better once he wasn't in a band with him anymore. 

Yes, and also never talked emotionally about him. Scott said that his relationship with Slash was never more than professional and that the only one he was close with was Duff. I think Slash never really liked Scott much, although when VR started he was saying things like "Scott is a better friend than Axl"; and probably he didn't like STP (he has never mentioned them among the 90s bands he liked). But, like @killuridols said, he (and Duff) wanted a singer with personality; and, I'd add, an established name, since VR was an ambitious project and they wanted it to be big.

I didn't like STP, but I saw him with VR and I think he was a very good frontman.

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Somebody of them must lurk here (or somebody from this thread is a traitor :max:) because I came across a couple of my gifs on the ACDC forum some time ago :nervous:

Yes, I remember seeing one of your gifs - someone had open a thread with it!

------------

RE: Myles. To me he is the equivalent of, say, Bumblefoot. Both nice and likeable guys, good singer and guitarist respectively, but... nothing inspiring.

Edited by Blackstar

16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Lol, I don't know about a thesis (although I think that in America they do theses on everything you can imagine). I have seen essays, not on their history, but on their cultural impact etc. Their story would make a great movie though (with a good screenwriter and director) or even a TV series (it could have several seasons, lol). It has everything. I'm surprised that no big producers and directors haven't grabbed it yet.

Sorry to interrupt, but I think I read somewhere in the forum in some thread that they were gonna make a movie of GNR  with Marc Canter´s  boook...

And I think I also read Slash saying he didn´t want a movie of them, because it would be just actors and no real musicians...

was that true?  do you guys know anything about it?

14 minutes ago, penelope said:

Sorry to interrupt, but I think I read somewhere in the forum in some thread that they were gonna make a movie of GNR  with Marc Canter´s  boook...

And I think I also read Slash saying he didn´t want a movie of them, because it would be just actors and no real musicians...

was that true?  do you guys know anything about it?

Yes, I've read about that movie too. Marc said he was talking with a director, but then it was dropped, I don't know why. 

Biopics of this kind are rarely good though. It could work only with a great director, and a good screenwriter with deep knowledge of their story.

And yes, Slash said he didn't want a movie. I'm sure Axl would be totally against it and he would try to prevent it.

Edited by Blackstar

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, I've read about that movie too. Marc said he was talking with a director, but then it was dropped, I don't know why. 

Biopics of this kind are rarely good though. It could work only with a great director, and a good screenwriter with deep knowledge of their story.

And yes, Slash said he didn't want a movie. I'm sure Axl would be totally against it and he would try to prevent it.

I agree with you, it would need to be made very carefully, in some way I feel relieved that they decided not to. I would cringe if I had to watch that harry styles kid playing Axl  or will smith´s son as Slash :wacko:

It would end up as some of those lifetime movies...

Oh God, I don't want them to make a movie.  No one will get it right.  They'll want to make a mindless summer blockbuster aka a tentpole film and attract as wide a demographic as possible like the superhero films.  It needs to be approached in an indie way, the same way Guns approached the band: honest and unapologetic and fucking rated R like it deserves to be.  Hollywood will want to sanitise it.  

Only consolation is that Logan was finally made the right way and rated R (think it was 15 in the UK) and it made shitloads of money, so there's a bit of a precedent there.  

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Did you see this one? I laughed with Fortus comment. 'I'm not worthy of #'ing. Only going for the big numbers'  It must not be easy to work with your ex :rofl-lol:

Loooool :rofl-lol:. Poor Richard. She should have hashtagged (is that even a word?) Izzy :popcorn:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Did you see this one? I laughed with Fortus comment. 'I'm not worthy of #'ing. Only going for the big numbers'  It must not be easy to work with your ex :rofl-lol:

Awww, poor Fortus...getting no love. I had heard he dated Kat....so it's really true then??! Wonder how his wife feels about that. :shrugs:

11 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Awww, poor Fortus...getting no love. I had heard he dated Kat....so it's really true then??! Wonder how his wife feels about that. :shrugs:

Yes is true what dated with Kat not last much,oh vengeance!! 😲👎

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

And it looks like she made him an even bigger nose :facepalm:

It's not the first time that Richard complains about not being in a picture or being ignored or not part of the advertisement.

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

Wife should be mature and trust him, I guess..... Kat has a boyfriend as well and always posts pictures with him so I guess they've both moved on, in appearance..... :confused:

• Like 2

Just now, killuridols said:

It's not the first time that Richard complains about not being in a picture or being ignored or not part of the advertisement.

Well a couple of people, me included made comments about Fortus not being tagged, so we will see if she responds at all. Or corrects it.

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

I would fucking hate it, but that is just me :lol: 

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Omg, too funny :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders