GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

16 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

It's Gio's b-day :ph34r:. So happy birthday, Gio and thank you for not kicking my ass after I have held three banners at the shows :smiley-confused2:

Yay! Happy birthday, Gio. Thank you for that kick in my arm, even when I didn't have any banner :max:

:P 

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

That is great, but fans shouldn't have to remind them, you know?? :max:

Whoever runs the accounts doesn't seem to care about GnR history or past members. They are just important now as they were when they were in the band. Gio is not significant at all in my opinion as all he seems to do is treat fans like shit from what I have read on here from various people. I.e., kicking them and taking stuff away. 

I had my suspicions that Axl actually ran the official Twitter account but the way the text is composed is completely different than the way Axl composes tweets on his own Twitter account.

Edited by purplestargirl

9 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Whoever runs the accounts doesn't seem to care about GnR history or past members. They are just important now as they were when they were in the band. Gio is not significant at all in my opinion as all he seems to do is treat fans like shit from what I have read on here from various people. I.e., kicking them and taking stuff away. 

I had my suspicions that Axl actually ran the official Twitter account but the way the text is composed is completely different than the way Axl composes tweets on his own Twitter account.

There is no way Axl would run the social media accounts! That's not the kind of things an artist of his status would do.... The one who is in charge of all that is a young girl called Nicoletta Neves.

I do also get the impression that this Community Manager is not much of a GN'R fan and doesn't know what's the important for the real fans. She must be under the direction of TB, who run the whole marketing and business side of it.

I agree with you this Gio dude should not be acknowledged this way since he's a violent guy who proceeds in very uncool manners with the fans and also with female fans, which I find depicable. I really feel like vomiting that this band is praising this "cop" kind of guy. Real and original GN'R would shit on a person like this.

And last but not least, it is unrealistic that they would be saying happy birthday to Gilby Clarke, because didn't Axl fire him? I'm not sure what's the relationship with Gilby nowadays but you know how Axl is.... He likes keeping grudges for centuries until he doesn't. :shrugs:

Official GnR didn't wish happy birthday even to Izzy (they wished Steven, apparently because he played with them), who is "family", so I don't know why we expected or are surprised that they didn't wish Gilby. It's probably their politics to not wish to former members, because, technically (and for Axl) nuGnR was GnR and Gilby (as well as Matt) were not more GnR members than Tommy Stinson, Buckethead etc.

Edited by Blackstar

32 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

It's interesting because when Axl's b'Day came this year, the official GNR account didn't post a single thing....but for Del James and Duff yes.

Neither for Melissa and Frank Ferrer.

Awful.

Do we even know when is Melissa's birthday?

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

It's interesting because when Axl's b'Day came this year, the official GNR account didn't post a single thing....but for Del James and Duff yes.

Neither for Melissa and Frank Ferrer.

Yeah, I remember that they didn't wish happy b-day to Axl this year. Only to Duff, Slash, Steven, Del and Gio. Lol

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

There is no way Axl would run the social media accounts! That's not the kind of things an artist of his status would do.... The one who is in charge of all that is a young girl called Nicoletta Neves.

Isn't that the same girl who hands out guitar pics during the show not giving a fuck if you're showing her the nightrain lanyard? That would explain a lot :rolleyes:

Seriously, their social media and communication with fans should be done better. Do you remember the cool short videos (highly influenced by what acdc did lol) after each show last year? Or the interviews with each member except for the big three? It's like everything is done only halfway or they just don't care (or have no idea) that much of the fans.

Dammit, Axl, pick a random person from this thread to run the social media and make sure they'll do much better job. :devilshades:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Isn't that the same girl who hands out guitar pics during the show not giving a fuck if you're showing her the nightrain lanyard? That would explain a lot :rolleyes:

Seriously, their social media and communication with fans should be done better. Do you remember the cool short videos (highly influenced by what acdc did lol) after each show last year? Or the interviews with each member except for the big three? It's like everything is done only halfway or they just don't care (or have no idea) that much of the fans.

Dammit, Axl, pick a random person from this thread to run the social media and make sure they'll do much better job. :devilshades:

I don't know because she was hired after my shows... She started working when they played in Brazil last year and then headed to Asia, New Zealand and Europe. I see her in one of your pictures from Vienna, she works along with Kat.

Yes, last year the videos were so cool, for each show and each country. I think they were made by Kat.... but now Kat barely works, in my opinion, she does nothing! Only a few pictures, which get uploaded after 5 months of the show you've attended and that's it. Holidays all day long :thumbsdown:

47 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Holidays all day long

Apparently that is correct....just look the instagram of that people....I want one of those jobs!!!!

But...absolutely love this Slash's picture

Why they kept telling us...is only the beginning???

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

17 hours ago, killuridols said:

I didn't write any post-doc BS or whatever :rolleyes:

If I remember well, you were awarded by PhD in GNR by some forum people, so, if you write extensive analysis on GNR after it, it`s probably a post-doc thingy. If not, I`m sorry, I messed it up.

What's the research you've done? Google? LOL..... how come you know YET another thing? Hilarious :lol:

I can do brief research on anything just to be sure I remember it well (or correct myself), including vocal techniques and my favorite band. I pointed out what I think is crucial and where you can easily find reference underlying my argument, and I really don`t feel an urge to redirect you to some actual scientific articles, because in this case it`s just plain basics for either public speaking and singing (I do both) without getting your vocal chords ruined before your 15 minutes of fame in presenting room finishes. You can find it on first page of Google and you will get proper basic information on topic. 

You told here that you study and do some research on one of the most prestigious Latin America universities; social studies. So I assume that you have wide knowledge of classic western philosophy as a basic for all arts, and, especially for Master`s degree you also have knowledge about how to do modern research. Did you know that Google is one of proper tools for searching articles for your research? Have you even heard about Google Scholar? Tons of proper research articles on your access if you don`t have full access to databases you need - like ScienceDirect or Scopus in my field. (if we start going to details... everything can be good research tool if you know how to use it... ehm. I am talking to master`s degree student. I`m talkin` to master`s degree student. I`m...)

You plainly dissed me previously on some "discussion" about vocal technique for AC/DC and Guns material and I really had no other impression than plain dissing (still not talking about more intense topics or that it`s usual from you) without any effort to learn something about singing. One would think that college student will do at least some effort to get the thing he/she started to discuss, but no. Plain rant. If you do same in university, be sure that`s why students of social and especially gender studies are endless source of fun, doesn`t matter how prestigious university they attend.

I am a kind of renaissance person. All that time you spend on watching social networks and gossip, I can spend learning, because I`m interested in basically everything. If you solidly proof that my explanation of voice technique is wrong, I will be happy because I can learn something new. 

Taking about classic western philosophy, it`s taught because it`s essential for scientific method and building up solid argument without tangible urge to put people down instead, if they say something contrary your opinions or (in your case more often) unfounded beliefs, and what to do if you started theme on which you have too little clue (because you always end up in a messy emotional dissing, crowned with all that fancy emoticons, which puts you and your argument down. Still talking to master`s degree student, I know.) 

I can`t read other`s minds, at least not explicit thoughts. Get over it.

• Like 2

Apparently that is correct....just look the instagram of that people....I want one of those jobs!!!!

But...absolutely love this Slash's picture

Why they kept telling us...is only the beginning???

Love this too.  

But yeah, I also have been wondering why the phrase 'this was just the beginning'  What do they mean by that?  Strange use of tense.  This WAS just the beginning...what past thing are they referring to?  And beginning of what?  More tours?  

7 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Love this too.  

But yeah, I also have been wondering why the phrase 'this was just the beginning'  What do they mean by that?  Strange use of tense.  This WAS just the beginning...what past thing are they referring to?  And beginning of what?  More tours?  

Just their way of raising false hopes for whatever. New music, AFD5 (not ever happening) more touring. I'm literally fed up with their communication strategy. It's horrid. I work in communication and they just do such a bad job with so many flaws and chances not taken.

Anyway, I'll never buy into their yuuuuuuge announcement and this is only the beginning bullshit ever again.

8921429.gif

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Probably another run in Europe and more pop up shops selling ugly $300 t-shirts.

The pop up shops don't bother me per se...I will not buy anything...jeje...what bothers me is that Fernando thinks that retail is the appropiate way of celebrate AFD! For me, that album is the best thing ever and celebrate with fucking retail is....no words...

I hope that beginning thing means "new music" and please, please talk with Izzy about it!

An article about GNR in Montreal

http://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/music/guns-n-roses-set-to-bring-one-of-hottest-tours-to-montreal

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I have a bachelor in that shit, for real...Just in case you're wondering who to pick, Axl :smiley-confused2:

The pop up shops don't bother me per se...I will not buy anything...jeje...what bothers me is that Fernando thinks that retail is the appropiate way of celebrate AFD! For me, that album is the best thing ever and celebrate with fucking retail is....no words...

I think it is the big three we should blame. All three of them love this designer label merged with the AFD image shite. All three have been responsible for shit like this...IMG_4806.thumb.PNG.cbe841abf623976528cd90ca1f7a2d7e.PNG

I expect more of it will appear soon :facepalm:

I'm not having a pop at you :) I'm just saying they've been doing this for a little while now and it's really fucking weird, this is what they're into? Really? I just don't get it! They like this crap? 

They don't have anything in common any more with us little people who go to their shows :( 

12 minutes ago, dgnr said:

I have a bachelor in that shit, for real...Just in case you're wondering who to pick, Axl :smiley-confused2:

You don't want to. Trust me. I ran a couple brand accounts for a year and it's non-stop craziness. :lol:

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Most likely. Probably another run in Europe and more pop up shops selling ugly $300 t-shirts.

XdR02Pj.png

:lol:

I'll still go and see them if they come back to Europe :facepalm: I am such a sucker :( 

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

614.95$ with 2 of those and my family will not eat that month! jajaja

They have a GnR hoodie which is £1,300

in the sale!!...  lmao!! 

• Like 1

There's this one too:

I don't have a problem with pop up shops if it's actual merch for the fans, but $300/$600 plain shirts that could be made for less than $50 just seems like "give us all your money and fuck off" :no:

• Like 1