Rock In Rio confirmed

Brazilian here and couldnt be less excited. Rock in Rio is a terrible event.

You pay hundrends and thousands to get a shitty concert with a bazillion of randoms throwing up and pissing at your fn shoes.

Plus the 827873892fº 24h/day.

Nice to hear GNR playing Rock In Rio after '91

Its been 25 years it will be great if they bring Steven/Izzy and Matt/Gilby for just this show

RIR was always an iconic show for GNR and it will be a great way to end this tour for the year 

Just finish how you started. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Słash said:

Its been 25 years it will be great if they bring Steven/Izzy and Matt/Gilby for just this show

RIR was always an iconic show for GNR and it will be a great way to end this tour for the year 

Pretty sure this show won't be the end of the tour.

54 minutes ago, Słash said:

I can't really see the difference between Gilby/Matt and Richard/Frank. All of them weren't present during the AFD days...

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I agree that Richard is a more skilled and technically proficient player.  But, Gilby is a better fit and his style is more properly suited for that role in GnR than Richard.

But some people argued that Gilby and Matt wouldn't fit as well when they where still in the band. 

Edited by Sosso

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

And/or arenas in at least the US of not Europe as well beginning of next year.

They are already playing US shows in the summer, so you expect another US leg this year? 

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

But some people argued that Gilby and Matt wouldn't fit as well when they where still in the band. 

I agree for GnR:

Steven>>Matt>>>>>>>Frank

Izzy>>>Gilby>>>>>>Richard

3 minutes ago, Słash said:

They are already playing US shows in the summer, so you expect another US leg this year? 

That's the rumor.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I agree for GnR:

Steven>>Matt>>>>>>>Frank

Izzy>>>Gilby>>>>>>Richard

That's the rumor.

Well, without new music that really would be milking this thing to the ground. I'd really much rather if they'd take a break, record some new songs and then go on tour again.

4 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, without new music that really would be milking this thing to the ground. I'd really much rather if they'd take a break, record some new songs and then go on tour again.

I think most of us agree, but we aren't them :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Not in this lifetime