Rock In Rio confirmed

41 minutes ago, maynard said:

So they will do South America. Again.

Wow, this band sure knows how to explore their most ignorant fans.

It's a shame these guys don't care about writing music and will keep playing the same setlist until they get their billion dollars.

I hope they keep touring.  I mean seriously- no way they could live up to the expectations of a new album.  Just keep touring, although change up the set when doubling back through a town...so many great songs we need to hear still. 

• Like 1

Just now, Original said:

I hope they keep touring.  I mean seriously- no way they could live up to the expectations of a new album.  Just keep touring, although change up the set when doubling back through a town...so many great songs we need to hear still. 

You hope they keep touring...to hear "that great songs" you need to hear?

Oh no...

This "band" became a joke of the worst specie...

Thinking welll...they're right!

If zilions of idiots still want to watch the same fuckin show..why not? Do you agree @maynard?

Edited by auad
  • Like 1

No doubt they understand this is a last hurrah financially, PG version of a band we used to like, but for god's sake if you're cashgrabbing the legacy out of this band, stop ruinning it and call Izzy and Steven. If they think this is what we wanted, they're all fucked up honestly.

As a fan, I can't wait for this tour to be over, so Axl'd be able to fulfill his musical creativity with a functioning band like AC/DC.

If you can't release new songs, then maybe you just suck.

1 hour ago, maynard said:

So they will do South America. Again.

Wow, this band sure knows how to explore their most ignorant fans.

It's a shame these guys don't care about writing music and will keep playing the same setlist until they get their billion dollars.

This is an interesting point of view. Who is in fact more ignorant, those who spend time and money on what in fact seems interesting to them and is still able to offer them good moments or those who insist on spending time and/or money on what no longer seems interesting and causes them angst and revolt? Who is in fact the ignorant here?

What is in fact ignorance, taking into consideration that this is about art, keep following a Rock band because it still brings you something good or insist to spend time with a band that lets you down and bother yourself with who spends the own money and time in what they want?

If your obession for something new is so obvious, that a very important sign what already exists does not work anymore to you. Then maybe it's time to move on. Anything contrary to that would be ignorance,don't you think?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Fans for years bitched that they would be satisfied by just ONE SHOW with Axl and Slash, let alone an entire tour. Once they get it, now they bitch about new music.

Wait till we get the afd 5 for the first time. I can imagine Izzy looking too bored for many and "why aren't they playing more UYI" threads. Everywhere you look, you find what you're looking for. When you aren't a celebrity and going to a job or school you don't like, constantly at odds with your day to day existence and wishing it were something different, picking apart other people that have nothing to do with you is a popular pastime. In fact I'm even doing it now. Pot meet kettle. But it's all because the symbolism that original band represents to these negative nellies is not being found presently. So they bitch.That's this forum in a nutshell. Thankfully the negativity dissipates a bit once the tour stops and the good posters come back and the others scale it back as drama requires attentiveness and this band goes on lockdown when not on tour.

Just now, Wagszilla said:

Why would they risk their big pay-day on someone like Steven?

Why would Axl put up with Izzy who doesn't get along with him for extended periods of time?

I understand the desire to want the AFD5 onstage but the answers to these questions are obvious. 

There is no risk to let Steven play half the show, then Frank on Chinese and stuff as originally planned. But after Izzy's claims we finally know it's all moneytalks since Fernando couldn't pay Steven for more than one song a show in Argentina.

2 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Fans for years bitched that they would be satisfied by just ONE SHOW with Axl and Slash, let alone an entire tour. Once they get it, now they bitch about new music.

Nope it was always about new music, always will be, didn't matter which lineups. I couldn't care less with Duff and Slash joining NuGnR though, it's even worse since they've been playing the same setlist for a decade now.

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

There is no risk to let Steven play half the show, then Frank on Chinese and stuff as originally planned. 

Says the unknown fan from his keyboard. Have a seat junior, the professionals are busy making money and producing high quality professional shows. I'm guessing neither of those results are something you are familiar with in your life. Me either. Misery loves company and I love you in all your imperfection still. Relax. Breathe. This isn't your band. It's just noise that makes you feel good. They are people like me or you. No one is perfect. I await your rebuttal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

There is no risk to let Steven play half the show, then Frank on Chinese and stuff as originally planned. But after Izzy's claims we finally know it's all moneytalks since Fernando couldn't pay Steven for more than one song a show in Argentina.

Nope it was always about new music, always will be, didn't matter which lineups. I couldn't care less with Duff and Slash joining NuGnR though, it's even worse since they've been playing the same setlist for a decade now.

I agree.

It's always about new music...I (like U) don't care about the "return" of Duff and Slash...this "band" is playing the same shit setlist for a decade...That 2002 incarnation was amazing...
But, if these guys can not release some fuckin new music...then...FUCK OFF they...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auad said:

I agree.

It's always about new music...I (like U) don't care about the "return" of Duff and Slash...this "band" is playing the same shit setlist for a decade...That 2002 incarnation was amazing...
But, if these guys can not release some fuckin new music...then...FUCK OFF they...

Love has so many forms.

Here we see it symbolized through anger and frustration. A desperate plea made only with the intent to feel in love again.

The more you know..

• Like 1