Mr. Buckethead vs Bumblefoot on Chinese Democracy

Bumblefoot - Yay or Nay?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Silent Jay said:

You have nothing to assert your argument because it's full of it and you probably know it.

His tone suck listen to the videos! Nevermind all his tapping crap.

Just now, Gibbo said:

Well wheres the video

Find it yourself. I can't even remember what song it was now, but it was discussed on here less than a week ago. It's not the first time Slash has attempted tapping. Goes to show what you know.

Just now, Towelie said:

Find it yourself. I can't even remember what song it was now, but it was discussed on here less than a week ago. It's not the first time Slash has attempted tapping. Goes to show what you know.

Yeah right at least I don't troll the forum 24/7 like you and your mate :hahafyou:

Just now, Gibbo said:

Yeah right at least I don't troll the forum 24/7 like you and your mate :hahafyou:

lol When do I troll the forum? Because I don't suck Axl/Slash's dicks day and night and I call them on their bullshit?

And who's my mate?

On 6/18/2017 at 7:04 AM, Towelie said:

I really think some fans don't realise quite how good a player Ron Thal was/is. They just decided they didn't care for him, cuz he didn't wear a top-hat or a KFC bucket on his face.

This! Nail on the head! 

People always say that Bumblefoot is a bad guitar player. This is utter craziness! Besides maybe Buckethead, Ron is the most varied and accomplished musician to ever play in GNR. Put simply he is amazing and maybe he wasn't the best fit for GNR personality wise, but as a guitar player what he added on CD only made the tracks better and what he did in the live forum was always on point (with the exception of some of his 2006/07 early years over the top tapping).

Also, his backing vocals!!! He made the band sound better just because of his vocals, never mind his incredible guitar playing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

This! Nail on the head! 

People always say that Bumblefoot is a bad guitar player. This is utter craziness! Besides maybe Buckethead, Ron is the most varied and accomplished musician to ever play in GNR. Put simply he is amazing and maybe he wasn't the best fit for GNR personality wise, but as a guitar player what he added on CD only made the tracks better and what he did in the live forum was always on point (with the exception of some of his 2006/07 early years over the top tapping).

Also, his backing vocals!!! He made the band sound better just because of his vocals, never mind his incredible guitar playing.

Ron was on top of his game from the time he had that double neck fretless Vigier guitar certainly.

In 2006, his focus was more how to fit in the band, the fact that he had two weeks to learn everything, gear-wise etc. Not easy. But he was bold enough and played crazy stuff.

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

Who cares?

Slash and Fortus are so much better for the band!

Hard to argue with that, there wasn't much of a commercial future in a Dj/Ron album or even touring compared to the reunion tour. A little bit sad for that line up that toured their asses off for Guns and obviously had the talent to be part of a GNR record. But obviously the majority of GNRs want Axl/Slash over everything else and GNR being the big band it is it has to be for the best. 

I mean if Axl had been able to expand the CD project or go in different directions more then maybe. But with the GNR brand expectations always playing a part, it would always be this up hill battle.

I think Axl said once he has an experimental side and wants to do something people are into. And that sort of fits CD, even Illusions, well, so that points to it never really opening out into a wilder direction, there's always going to be that commercial consideration and being one of the big bands, not some obscure experimental project. 

The title of this thread is confusing. Axl didn't replace Bucket with Ron. Bucket left. And Bucket came in for May who never fully committed. I don't think Ron was the first choice, so to paint him as the guy who got Bucket/May kicked out is unfair. That was maybe part of his pain in Guns, it's always going to be a tough gig. 

At least now the majority of fans have no complaints and the band is free to make more money and enjoy their success. And end Guns on a positive note.