British Politics

Gracii Guns

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

The "people" need to stop fucking moaning if they can't be arsed to get out and vote. 

Or maybe the people would like an option...as opposed to 'hey, here's a bunch of faceless fuckin' wankers all cut from the same cloth that are all looking to shag you three ways from Sunday'.  I ain't voting for none of these wankers.  But then on the flipside I ain't complaining either, fuck it, it's all the same to me whatever cunts in power.  Don't mean to say one has forfeited ones right to point and go 'he's a cunt'.

Politics is just a fuckin' scam, it's like any criminal enterprise, like dealing or fraud or whatever, just another tier of criminal behaviour.  

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

Plus this was just a bunch of weird local council elections which nobody understands.

There are too many of these wankers and too many elections: general, mayoral, local council, European (soon to be terminated thank god) - you even vote for your local Bobby these days. Throw in bi-elections if one of the wankers dies or gets caught up in a rent boy or expenses scandal and is forced to resign, and you could theoretically spend half of your spare time at the voting booth.

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Plus this was just a bunch of weird local council elections which nobody understands.

There are too many of these wankers and too many elections: general, mayoral, local council, European (soon to be terminated thank god) - you even vote for your local Bobby these days. Throw in bi-elections if one of the wankers dies or gets caught up in a rent boy or expenses scandal and is forced to resign, and you could theoretically spend half of your spare time at the voting booth.

And for all of it, what do you actually end up with?  Fuck all, other than being like..coerced into validating some fuckers crookedness.  I really hate this idea, this tired old discourse of...

'i ain't voting'

'well you can't complain then if something fucked up comes along'

'i don't wanna vote, they're all the same'

'yeah, well then you pick the lesser of two evils'

It's like no, fuck that, I don't want any fuckin' evils.  Why should I sign name to something and then four years down the line find myself having to justify someone elses fuckeries when i knew all along from the get-go that he was gonna fuck shit up?  There's this awful insinuation that you somehow don't give a fuck for your country if you don't vote 'cuz you could've picked the lesser and now we're lumbered with the greater'...but quite frankly the margin is very fuckin' fine.  And anyway, is voting for the lesser of two evils caring about your country?  I mean you do this shit, ultimately, based on self interest, don't you?  And thats what i fuckin' mean, they draw you into their own scumbaggery and make you like them.  It's just depressing 'hey, I'm off to throw my weight behind the lesser of two evils', fuck that for a lark.  I'd rather just not vote, that way i didn't have fuck all to do with any of it either way, voter apathy is not a consequence of disregard for your country but rather a symptom of a corrupt system that has all but invalidated the value of voting.  Its just a sordid form of trickery to draw you into this ridiculous charade, you're fucked either way, vote for one and it's the greater evil, vote for the other and it's Evil Lite, Diet Evil and refuse to vote and you're fuckin' responsible for everything apparently, they can all get stuffed as far as I'm concerned.  

Election after election after election after election...what the fuck are we actually being asked to make a choice about?!?

Edited by Len Cnut

He does have a slimey sort of way about him, from what little I've seen, caught him in passing in the news sitting across the table from this bird who looked like an evil German version of Sharon out of Eastenders, who I believe in Jean Marie La Pens something or other, sister or daughter or something.

'Ello princess

Macron is a cosmopolitan latte sipping type who will poll well in Paris but he is unpopular among working classes and rural areas, and among Catholics and conservatives. He only polled 3% more than Le Pen. He would poll well among you southern fairies if he was an Englishman. He will probably win tomorrow as the people who voted for the other candidates will chuck their vote on him simply to keep Le Pen out, but they basically despise Macron. A lot will abstain (which will help Le Pen). Either way, Le Pen wins in 2020 since France will be burdened with a lame duck leader the majority hate, and who will begin to chip away at France's cushy social protectionism!

39 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

'Ello princess

Macron is a cosmopolitan latte sipping type who will poll well in Paris but he is unpopular among working classes and rural areas, and among Catholics and conservatives. He only polled 3% more than Le Pen. He would poll well among you southern fairies if he was an Englishman. He will probably win tomorrow as the people who voted for the other candidates will chuck their vote on him simply to keep Le Pen out, but they basically despise Macron. A lot will abstain (which will help Le Pen). Either way, Le Pen wins in 2020 since France will be burdened with a lame duck leader the majority hate, and who will begin to chip away at France's cushy social protectionism!

I've never understood that, a backlash where you're the one catching your own lash.

Whichever a way you vote it's for military spending. If it's EU it's Nato so pile in the cash for wars. If it's a nationalist vote, more vulnerable to attack need to bolster the military. So win win really. Big government forever. Plus they murderers. Whose on board? Takes risks. 

Edited by wasted

In traditional (Disraelian) conservatism it could be said that the Tories are very green seeing as they were the main opposition to the Whigs who were the political party of business and industrialisation. Traditional pre-Thatcherite Toryism hankers for an olde England of country villages under the benign paternal leadership of a ruling gentry - of (Anglican/high church) church spires and country parsons, apple-cheeked maidens and village cricket matches. The whigs were the party of cities and industry, of capitalism, railways, factories.

I'd almost be tempted to vote for Theresa if I wasn't so lazy and cynical as I liked the way she dealt with Herr Junker. Wor Theresa I've started to call her. I have to remind myself that she looked at Boris Johnson and said, ''you know what, that chap would make a spiffing good foreign security''.

• Like 1

Crown Prosecution Service said they'll announce before the election whether they're bringing charges against all the Tories being investigated over expenses fraud. Could be big if they do. I think Amber Rudd is one of the ones being investigated too.

This is the real reason the election was called. It would have forced by-elections in all the contingencies in question, however since May's called this election it wouldn't mean anything if they were found guilty. I presume. 

Edited by AtariLegend

Expenses and fraud are pretty much acceptable. Tories normally get caught in some weird sex scandal. Still nobody actually remembers anything. There must be something in the water. I still remember John Major calling everyone fucking bastards. But we will pull this 1970s retro politics thing off better than most because we still watch 70s reruns on tv. It's still the same. Tea, biscuits, football. Nukes just aren't cricket. We're going to hide, we're quite good at it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Expenses and fraud are pretty much acceptable. Tories normally get caught in some weird sex scandal. Still nobody actually remembers anything. There must be something in the water. I still remember John Major calling everyone fucking bastards. But we will pull this 1970s retro politics thing off better than most because we still watch 70s reruns on tv. It's still the same. Tea, biscuits, football. Nukes just aren't cricket. We're going to hide, we're quite good at it. 

Expenses you gotta take for granted really, they're all fleecing that shit 24/7, it's just every so often someone gets lazy and they get clocked, you reckon them lot are putting their hands in their pockets down the Commons bar?  Are they fuck...and thats just the tip of the turd.  And with the sex scandals its the same thing, every so often some mark like Profumo cocks up and ruins everyones fun but like...we find out after the fact that everyones at it.  I mean John Major, fuck me, who would've thought he'd be at it?

Edited by Len Cnut

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Expenses you gotta take for granted really, they're all fleecing that shit 24/7, it's just every so often someone gets lazy and they get clocked, you reckon them lot are putting their hands in their pockets down the Commons bar?  Are they fuck...and thats just the tip of the turd.  And with the sex scandals its the same thing, every so often some mark like Profumo cocks up and ruins everyones fun but like...we find out after the fact that everyones at it.  I mean John Major, fuck me, who would've thought he'd be at it?

They might be ugly but they are trying. The one where the guy was tied up with apple in his mouth was a bit unnerving. I mean Blair and cheryl used party money to buy their kids flats in Bristol. And he was the pm. Everyone abuses expenses why shouldn't the biggest liars and scumbags on the planet do it too. Next to mass murder and war profiteering it's barely a crime. It's like nicking gum from the co-op in comparison. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasted said:

They might be ugly but they are trying. The one where the guy was tied up with apple in his mouth was a bit unnerving. I mean Blair and cheryl used party money to buy their kids flats in Bristol. And he was the pm. Everyone abuses expenses why shouldn't the biggest liars and scumbags on the planet do it too. Next to mass murder and war profiteering it's barely a crime. It's like nicking gum from the co-op in comparison. 

If you go through the list it's quite unnerving

Heath - nonce

Wilson - ruined the country

Thatcher - plain evil

Major - Thatcherite hangover too busy porking Edwina Curry

Blair - War criminal

And the ones after that have just been a bunch of wankers

I've missed out Callaghan haven't I?  He was pretty much a continuation of Wilsons fuckeries.  Point being they all carry a weight of the immoral that, were there a God, they'd be catching the uncomfortable end of his judgements.  

Edited by Len Cnut