British Politics

Gracii Guns

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nobby Styles with his British teeth. Get all of these names back and flush out the foreigners. The current Toon look like a French wine list.

Speaking of manky teeth i lost one the other day, at 33, fuckin shameful innit? :lol:

• Like 1

The only 2 parties in my area which stand any chance of winning are the Lib Dems or the SNP. So I'm either voting for Alistair Carmichael, who admitted lying to his constituents in a court of law yet still got re-elected, or I'm voting for the inevitable 2nd independence referendum which I don't look forward to.

Fortunately we have a batshit crazy loon running up here and I might just give him my vote as a big fuck you to the rest of them - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_"Captain_Calamity"_Hill

This guy is genuinely on my ballot paper. He's declared his own nation up in Shetland called Forvik. Check out their website lol. He commits crimes and then defends himself in court by basically saying "The UK has no legal ownership of the Northern Isles so you have no jurisdiction here". It's beyond bonkers, but the UK government have never produced any legal proof that what he claims is bullshit.

He'll probably only get a few votes, but part of me hopes that he'll get democratically elected to represent us in parliament, just for the lulz :lol:

16 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nobby Styles with his British teeth. Get all of these names back and flush out the foreigners. The current Toon look like a French wine list.

I think it will happen with Brexit. Although with everything being cheaper there will be more football tourists to fight. Their wages are so inflated they are impervious to bankruptcy. 

Nice to see Theresa's moving onto issues other than Brexit, like Fox Hunting. 

These people are so fucking vile and with Ian Duncan Smith's rant on the lower value people last night on Newsnight, I feel like throwing up.

You Tories voters are disgusting.

Edited by AtariLegend

12 hours ago, downliner said:

The only 2 parties in my area which stand any chance of winning are the Lib Dems or the SNP. So I'm either voting for Alistair Carmichael, who admitted lying to his constituents in a court of law yet still got re-elected, or I'm voting for the inevitable 2nd independence referendum which I don't look forward to.

Fortunately we have a batshit crazy loon running up here and I might just give him my vote as a big fuck you to the rest of them - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_"Captain_Calamity"_Hill

This guy is genuinely on my ballot paper. He's declared his own nation up in Shetland called Forvik. Check out their website lol. He commits crimes and then defends himself in court by basically saying "The UK has no legal ownership of the Northern Isles so you have no jurisdiction here". It's beyond bonkers, but the UK government have never produced any legal proof that what he claims is bullshit.

He'll probably only get a few votes, but part of me hopes that he'll get democratically elected to represent us in parliament, just for the lulz :lol:

"He also "blundered" into an area of sea "intended for a practice bombing run by RAF Tornados".[7]"

Do the RAF just think they can use that bit of the sea at their leisure for whatever they like just because it is the sea and hardly anyone goes there? Do the RAF own that bit of the sea? Because if they don't own it i suggest they shut the fuck up and let Captain Calamity sail wherever he fancies :lol:

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

People who live in farming eras tend to be OK with fox hunting, regardless of their class, they reckon it a good thing, foxes are a scourge for the locals.

The people who do it tend to be rich. It's not exactly something for the working class. This is about donors and some lords wanting to keep their traditions going.

It's not because Foxes going hunting through opening bins and cabbage patches. That's an excuse.

Foxes generally aren't hunted for food. 

12 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

The people who do it tend to be rich. It's not exactly something for the working class. This is about donors and some lords wanting to keep their traditions going.

It's not because Foxes going hunting through opening bins and cabbage patches. That's an excuse.

Foxes generally aren't hunted for food. 

No but they end up fuckin' up the chickens for em i think.

13 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

CPS to announce tomorrow whether they're pressing charges. They probably won't, but fingers crossed.

CPS statement on election expenses

10/05/2017

Nick Vamos, CPS Head of Special Crime, said: "We have considered files of evidence from 14 police forces in respect of allegations relating to Conservative Party candidates' expenditure during the 2015 General Election campaign.

"We considered whether candidates and election agents working in constituencies that were visited by the Party's 'Battle Bus' may have committed a criminal offence by not declaring related expenditure on their local returns. Instead, as the Electoral Commission found in its report, these costs were recorded as national expenditure by the Party.

"We reviewed the files in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors and have concluded the tests in the Code are not met and no criminal charges have been authorised.

"Under the Representation of the People Act, every candidate and agent must sign a declaration on the expenses return that to the best of their knowledge and belief it is a complete and correct return as required by law. It is an offence to knowingly make a false declaration. In order to bring a charge, it must be proved that a suspect knew the return was inaccurate and acted dishonestly in signing the declaration. Although there is evidence to suggest the returns may have been inaccurate, there is insufficient evidence to prove to the criminal standard that any candidate or agent was dishonest.

"The Act also makes it a technical offence for an election agent to fail to deliver a true return. By omitting any 'Battle Bus' costs, the returns may have been inaccurate. However, it is clear agents were told by Conservative Party headquarters that the costs were part of the national campaign and it would not be possible to prove any agent acted knowingly or dishonestly. Therefore we have concluded it is not in the public interest to charge anyone referred to us with this offence.

"Our evaluation of the evidence is consistent with that of the Electoral Commission. While the role of the Commission is to regulate political finances and campaign spending, the role of the CPS is to consider whether any individual should face criminal charges, which is a different matter with different consideration and tests.

"One file, from Kent Police, was only recently received by the CPS, and remains under consideration. No inference as to whether any criminal charge may or may not be authorised in relation to this file should be drawn from this fact and we will announce our decision as soon as possible once we have considered the evidence in this matter."

Ends

In other words if you ever consider committing tax fraud in future, you can just say you weren't lying, your returns were just inaccurate.