General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

Yeah you called it about Taggert! I swear I read though that he wasn't coming back....but maybe he changed his mind or said that to throw us fans off the track!

Fridays episode was intense! I mean Julian kidnapping Wylie, drugging Monica and then holding a gun on Nelle...but of course the craziest unexpected moment was when crazy ass Nelle slashed Brook Lynn. Wtf?!!! 

Hope your weekend is going good! 

I think this new Brooklyn probably won't be able to sing now with that knife would. They will probably wait until the regular Brooklyn comes back and a miracle will happen and she will sing again. lol

Well, now someone else knows Taggart is alive.

I really can't stand Nelle anymore. I want her gone, but with this latest stunt she's done, if and when she gets caught, eventually Nina will find out Nelle is her daughter or maybe not? Maybe Nelle stole the necklace from the real daughter? I hope so because I really want her gone.

When Days made their announcement last year that the soap might be gone, all the actors said oh no not going to happen. Now Days is losing over 5 actors. I think what they did was put some actors on a 5 month leave and some may return, but some won't. Days and NBC lied about this. I feel bad for the actors who have done their best all these years. I know "hope" didn't want to be away for 5 months so she quit.  other actors were fired outright, so that was another lie. I guess there's no guarantees in any job right now.

Monica is looking so old these days. I guess she must be in her 70's. I hate when she walks so damn slow. Get that woman a walker for God's sake or maybe a wheelchair like Lila used to have. So sad to see her move so slow. They didn't have to drug her because she never would have gotten Wylie from Julian anyway. lol

How long will it take Spinelli to figure out the kangaroo has a chip in him?

I wonder what Jason will do with the news about Taggert being alive. The whole town will know all about it soon enough!

All the comments online echo your sentiments about Nelle, they are all done with her!

That is sad about Days, its not cool to lie about things like that. 

But some good news, my fave character of the Britch is coming back!!! Yes, it sucks she doesn't stay long, but I will take what I can get. 

7 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I wonder what Jason will do with the news about Taggert being alive. The whole town will know all about it soon enough!

All the comments online echo your sentiments about Nelle, they are all done with her!

That is sad about Days, its not cool to lie about things like that. 

But some good news, my fave character of the Britch is coming back!!! Yes, it sucks she doesn't stay long, but I will take what I can get. 

Cool! I wish Lesil would come back too. I was hoping she or Brad would have come back for Nelle's trial, but I guess not.

Today, Gov. Abbott of Texas interrupted GH due to the impending storm. What pissed me off was, only ABC had him on when all the other channels had nothing but repeat shows. So annoying. He kept repeating the same shit. The weather guy said it wasn't going to be near Dallas, but he said it was. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. I wish it would get cooler, but I doubt it.

I know near the shore, people need to leave town. I understand not wanting to leave your home or business, but if it's not safe, you have to leave.

Mother Nature is very annoyed again.  Probably not happy with all the Republicans lying at the convention. lol

I do hope they find Nelle and Wylie. Can't stand this! I really also hope that Nelle isn't really Nina's daughter. She probably stole the necklace. 

Poor Brooklyn. Hopefully she will tell it was Nelle who tried to kill her and Nelle will be back in jail. I feel bad for Justin. I really like him but after this Sonny might just have to kill him. I hope he stays on the show and get s a good partner to be with. He's a really good looking guy and he needs a love interest.

I wonder where Laura and Alexis are? Maybe they don't want to be on the show right now?

Oh yeah! I have forgotten about Leisel all alone in that jail cell. And no Nurses Ball performance by her. Sad!!! GH needs to bring her back. Hopefully she will have scenes with Britt.

I'm glad that Michael is on his way to get Wylie but I am sure Nelle has already split. And hopefully Brook Lynn talking to him didn't hurt her vocal cords. It hurts me just looking at her neck. Yikes.

This storm is scary!!! Praying for everyone...stay safe!

Well, today's GH was awesome! 

I know I feel sorry for Brooklyn, but so glad that Ned was able to make sure she knows he loves her very much. 

Hopefully, the whole Nelle thing will come to an end, but you never know?

Luckily, Dallas didn't get any of the storm. Not sure about south Texas. The news seemed to be showing more of Louisiana. I can't imagine all that water and the winds were over 150 miles an hour. Most people left that area, but who knows when it'll be safe to go back home. I don't want to ever go through a storm like this one. Mother Nature can be brutal sometimes.

Hope you are doing okay?

I don't think Nelle is dead. She's too full of herself to let herself die. I bet she saw a way out and wanted Carly to think she's dead. What a bitch!

had to watch today's episode online because the ABC news interrupted GH due to the march on Washington.

All the other repeat shows were on which they could have interrupted, but no, it had to be my soap.

Have a good weekend. Hope all is well. 

Hey....I am doing well. Wed was my bday so I took some days off and have been enjoying not having to wake up at 5 .a.m. for work! Watching my soaps live is always a great added bonus too. :)

I would like Nelle to be dead but come on, GH won't listen to the fans and just let her go. Darn! Nice to see Dante again at least. 

21 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Hey....I am doing well. Wed was my bday so I took some days off and have been enjoying not having to wake up at 5 .a.m. for work! Watching my soaps live is always a great added bonus too. :)

I would like Nelle to be dead but come on, GH won't listen to the fans and just let her go. Darn! Nice to see Dante again at least. 

Oh Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day!

You know Nelle isn't dead. She's not that selfless. lol I bet she saw a way out and a way to punish Carly at the same time. She will turn up when you least expect it. I really don't want her to be Nina's daughter. I'm still hoping she stole that necklace. 

I did read that Kelly (Brit) will be back and for a longer stay. Dante is back for good. I bet he'll be investigating Justin because I have a feeling he's not the good man he pretends to be. I just hope Dante doesn't have to go after Sonny again. Tired of that. 

I did read that one episode will be if Mike hadn't gotten alzheimers how his life would have been. Should be interesting to see.

Enjoy your weekend. It's over 100 degrees for the next 3 days. Staying inside as much as possible.

21 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

GH was interrupted by ABC news regarding the peaceful march on Washington, so I had to watch it online. Every other channel had repeats, yet ABC had to view it. Damn it.

Can't wait to see Dante return to PC. I also hope Robert goes after Holly and we get to see it. I don't think she's dead either. Maybe Mac can help Robert. I love seeing the two brothers working together.

Thanks! I had a wonderful bday. :heart:

Britt will be here longer this time? Best news ever! Hopefully she can go see Brad too and her mom in jail. Kill 2 birds with one stone lol. 

I don't want Nelle to be Nina's daughter either...would rather it be Willow. It was nice to see them put their differences aside while Willow was waiting for word on Wylie. 

Yeah, I read in a soap opera email that Brit will be on GH longer. Not sure if she's on contract or not.

God! I know Nelle isn't dead. GH wouldn't get rid of her so easily. Carly will start to feel super guilty and that way Nelle will drive her nuts and then come back!

Wait until you see today's episode!  It's weird to see the characters come in for a kiss and then break. lol But better safe than sorry. What a shocking ending!

On 8/29/2020 at 8:31 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Thanks! I had a wonderful bday. :heart:

Britt will be here longer this time? Best news ever! Hopefully she can go see Brad too and her mom in jail. Kill 2 birds with one stone lol. 

I don't want Nelle to be Nina's daughter either...would rather it be Willow. It was nice to see them put their differences aside while Willow was waiting for word on Wylie. 

Yeah, at one time I think GH was pointing to Willow being Nina's daughter since they didn't get along. But you never know? I mean Nelle is a thief and a liar so she might have stolen that necklace. I do hope that's the case. That's all Nina needs is Nelle being her daughter. Imagine the guilt Nina will feel and no matter what she does, Nelle will always be a bitch.

I see they are letting kids back on set, that is good...I bet they have to be aged 10 and up or something. Out of all the soaps GH has the most child actors. 

I am still really distracted by Sam's puffy lips lol. I just can't help it and Michaal needs to cut his hair, I do like Valerie's new do though! Nice to see her back on the scene.

But what an ending to Alexis and Neil! He is dead? Whaaaaaaat?! She is unlucky in love poor thing!

I know so sad about Neil. What the hell? I liked him for Alexis. Guess maybe GH wants her to get back with Julian. I know Nelle isn't dead. I want her gone.

I can't believe Carly is being so guilty. I was yelling at the tv saying Carly think about all that Nelle has done and man up! lol 

I don't understand GH can have actors hug and talk so close and other soaps are still so far apart? I did read that GH has two medical personnel on the set, but still. I guess they must test everyone and they all trust each other. 

Until they find Nell's body I know she's still alive.

I have to look at Sam's lips more. Maybe the are swollen due to the reaction to her mask? lol Who knows?

Ha, Idk....maybe you won't notice her lips but to me it looks like she had fillers put in. The lips like A Beverly Hills housewife would get. and the mask I just have never heard of someone reacting to it allergic wise. But you never know!

Sonny will find out about Nelle...the truth always comes out and when he finds out that not only Carly hid the secret from him, but then that Jax was a big part of it, he is gonna be PISSED! You know how there is no love lost between him and Jax lol. None.

Yeah the difference between how the soaps film is crazy. Like you can SO tell when they are kissing mannequin heads or their real life partners on B&B. Its so funny!! and then after they kiss, the seconds long close-ups of each of their faces. hahaha. So the choice is either they do that or they just pretend to kiss while the camera cuts away, like they do on GH. I am not sure which one I like yet.

Yeah, not sure about the whole kissing and love scenes. Maybe if we didn't have the virus we wouldn't notice so much.

GH and Days always have passionate love scenes, so it's weird right now.

I mean they sit apart, but then Sam was hugging Alexis so tight. I wonder if they film it apart and can they put the actors together after? Not sure.  I think with a computer they can do anything they want to.

I can't believe Neil is dead. I felt so sorry for Alexis. I really liked him and thought they were good together. Oh well.

Oh yeah, Sonny will find out and he hates Jax. He used to call jax "candy boy" not sure why? lol You know Jax still has feelings for Carly too.

I think Michael and Willow would make a good couple, but I still feel sorry for Sasha. I don't think she and Chase match well, but you never know?

I do hope Maxie finds out about Peter before that baby is born. I like Peter sometimes, but other times, I know he's a bad guy. Maybe he is Anna's sister's son and not hers. 

I still don't think Nelle is dead and how can they trace the other part of the necklace when Nina's mother had the two pieces. I still hope Nelle stole it from the real daughter. I want her dead and gone. lol

Yeah GH actors are very touchy touchy compared to the other soaps, its like filmed NO differently. Crazy!

I loved the scenes between Mike and Sonny and the little trip to see the horse. Some people were like no way can he be lucid if he is so sick but then other people said well sometimes right before you die, you can have a brief lucid moment and seem ok. I think it can happen. But oh it will be so sad when he does pass away. :(

Oh and hey! Do you remember that guy Nathan. I heard he is coming back. Interesting!

Okay, Nathan, Maxie's husband who died? I guess no one really dies on the soaps. lol  I would love to see him back. Maybe that will be Dante's assignment? Not sure, hope your news is correct.

I still feel so bad for Alexis. Why did they kill him off?

Loved seeing Brick today. He's a sports announcer in real life and he's always so loud and funny when he talks about the sports, so to see him so quiet and intimating is very funny too.

What until you hear what that Cyrus did today? What a son of a bitch! Sonny needs to get rid of him asap before he ruins PC. And that guy who works for him is a creep too.

Yeah, I heard that some people are more lucid before they pass away. Sometimes and most times, they will pass away when you leave them alone. It's sad either way. I know I will be crying when they film Mike's death scene. 

Max Gail is doing an amazing job with this role. And Maurice is amazing too. He needs to be nominated for another emmy.

So cool to hear Robert explain his relationship with Holly. My mom has watched GH for over 40 years, so she remembers that story line. I do hope Robert meets up with Luke and they do find Holly alive and well.

It would be good to find out Drew is alive too. They didn't do his story correctly.

Everytime I watch some of the B&B, it just annoys me how far apart the actors are. When they are telling someone they love them and are 10 feet apart, it's just not feeling right. lol

Oh sorry! I read the headline quickly...the actors name is Nathan. He played the character of Ethan....Luke and Hollys son. So sorry about hhe confusion!!! OH I  would love for Nathan, Maxie's husband to come back. Loved him. Sadly I think he is really happy making those Hallmark movies. Do you watch them? Yeah they are cheesy and predictable but most are pretty good.

On 9/2/2020 at 12:00 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Ha, Idk....maybe you won't notice her lips but to me it looks like she had fillers put in. The lips like A Beverly Hills housewife would get. and the mask I just have never heard of someone reacting to it allergic wise. But you never know!

Sonny will find out about Nelle...the truth always comes out and when he finds out that not only Carly hid the secret from him, but then that Jax was a big part of it, he is gonna be PISSED! You know how there is no love lost between him and Jax lol. None.

Yeah the difference between how the soaps film is crazy. Like you can SO tell when they are kissing mannequin heads or their real life partners on B&B. Its so funny!! and then after they kiss, the seconds long close-ups of each of their faces. hahaha. So the choice is either they do that or they just pretend to kiss while the camera cuts away, like they do on GH. I am not sure which one I like yet.

I was looking at Sam's lips and it looks like she has a tiny scar on her upper lip. Maybe I'm mistaken, but maybe she had surgery of some kind and not just fillers? Not sure?

Nathan Parsons, who played Luke's son Ethan will be back next week when he attends Holly's funeral. He was her son too. Ryan Peavy who was Maxie's husband Nathan, is dead and gone. lol

Still don't think Nelle is dead.

I really hope GH gets rid of Cyrus too. Can't stand how he smiles and messes with everyone's lives. He fired Monica and Bobbie? And where is Laura? I'm wondering if these actresses don't want to film right now? Haven't heard anything.

I can't believe what they're saying the cause of Neil's death was? I don't believe it and maybe he knew something he shouldn't have known?

Today, Days got back two characters that have been gone for a bit. I guess since so many actors have been let go or left on their own, they can afford to bring back other characters at lesser salaries.

Enjoy your weekend and stay safe.

19 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Oh sorry! I read the headline quickly...the actors name is Nathan. He played the character of Ethan....Luke and Hollys son. So sorry about hhe confusion!!! OH I  would love for Nathan, Maxie's husband to come back. Loved him. Sadly I think he is really happy making those Hallmark movies. Do you watch them? Yeah they are cheesy and predictable but most are pretty good.

lol Didn't read your post. lol Yeah, I just got the news from a soap opera email. Tamara Braun who played Kim is going back to Days of our lives. I'm pretty sure she died, but who knows? Maybe a flashback or she really didn't die, but we saw her death on camera and the kid that did is has been in jail for a long time now. lol

Days should have begun filming this week. Hope all goes well.

Okay I when I was watching GH today, Maxie and Peter are in Brando's garage. Listen to Maxie talking on the phone to Lucy. She pretty much says don't get anything that hasn't been researched yet  and deemed safe for use. I know Maxie was talking about some kind of skin cream or make up, but I got the feeling that this was GH's way to get a dig about how Trump is pushing for a vaccine in November that he seems to think will be safe.

Let me know what you think?

I can’t spoil Y&R because I know I’m a day ahead in Canada, but Sharon and Adam are going to owe me a new TV soon; be still my heart :P

The whole week was pretty solid. Didn’t expect Alyssa to return and now be trying to expose Adam and Chance for what happened in Vegas. I’m also still hopelessly torn between Billy and Amanda or Billy and Lily. 

Edited by AxlsMainMan

3 hours ago, AxlsMainMan said:

I can’t spoil Y&R because I know I’m a day ahead in Canada, but Sharon and Adam are going to owe me a new TV soon; be still my heart :P

The whole week was pretty solid. Didn’t expect Alyssa to return and now be trying to expose Adam and Chance for what happened in Vegas. I’m also still hopelessly torn between Billy and Amanda or Billy and Lily. 

It's still weird to see the actors so far apart. If you get a chance check out General Hospital and see how they are filming this show. I know GH has two medical professionals on the set these days, but if it weren't for the corona virus, I wouldn't think anything since the GH actors are filming like they always did. No kissing or love scenes which is understable.

I just wonder why the Y&R and B&B film so differently?

On 9/4/2020 at 1:04 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay I when I was watching GH today, Maxie and Peter are in Brando's garage. Listen to Maxie talking on the phone to Lucy. She pretty much says don't get anything that hasn't been researched yet  and deemed safe for use. I know Maxie was talking about some kind of skin cream or make up, but I got the feeling that this was GH's way to get a dig about how Trump is pushing for a vaccine in November that he seems to think will be safe.

Let me know what you think?

Ok...so I feel badly but I seemed to have missed this part! But the scene I really loved was the last one of Spinelli watching Peter call Valentin. Definitely trying to build a strong case to present to Maxie but sadly I think she will have a hard time hearing the truth about Peter.