The future of rock music

liers

32 minutes ago, wasted said:

Mops are the biggest con of all time. When I've thrown up all over the kitchen floor the Vileda super mop ain't shit. I need my hands to scoop those chunks out the door. It's a mop conspiracy. 

Henry the Hoover ain't much cop either in that respect, which I found out much to my dismay :lol:  

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

projectile vomiting at house parties was my objective at somepoint. Preferably down the stairs. 

I've never projectiled once yet, its quite an achievement.  My mate had a framed photo of him projectiling on a Ferry trip once, i dunno how they caught it, it was a photographic masterstroke, right on the point of shooting.

17 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I've never projectiled once yet, its quite an achievement.  My mate had a framed photo of him projectiling on a Ferry trip once, i dunno how they caught it, it was a photographic masterstroke, right on the point of shooting.

It's all about timing and really having  a lot of beers or liquid to spew. Drinking on an empty stomach, 10-15 beers but then switch to something you don't like, vodka for me on beer is guaranteed puking. But once you are going to puke you have stay on your feet and really commit to getting distance. Also alcohol poisoning seems to just keep givng you this bile to puke, it just gushes out. If you're puking a pizza that's not going to really be as effective as just beer, vodka and bile in terms of projectiling. Once I stopped drinking so many beers I never puked again. I used to love puking after 15-20 pints, wake up and spew that chili kebab in the morning. Cleansing!

Edited by wasted
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, wasted said:

It's all about timing and really having  a lot of beers or liquid to spew. Drinking on an empty stomach, 10-15 beers but then switch to something you don't like, vodka for me on beer is guaranteed puking. But once you are going to puke you have stay on your feet and really commit to getting distance. Also alcohol poisoning seems to just keep givng you this bile to puke, it just gushes out. If you're puking a pizza that's not going to really be as effective as just beer, vodka and bile in terms of projectiling. Once I stopped drinking so many beers I never puked again. I used to love puking after 15-20 pints, wake up and spew that chili kebab in the morning. Cleansing!

I never slept and woke and puked either, its either on the night or not at all.  Also, once I've puked thats it, sign me off, I'm done for the night...I've seen people though who puke, get it out of them and then carry on.  The times I have puked though its been spectacular, I puke so much i have to find new spots to puke from.  Being tall and puking is horrible too cuz it dont half fuck up your shoes.

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I never slept and woke and puked either, its either on the night or not at all.  Also, once I've puked thats it, sign me off, I'm done for the night...I've seen people though who puke, get it out of them and then carry on.  The times I have puked though its been spectacular, I puke so much i have to find new spots to puke from.  Being tall and puking is horrible too cuz it dont half fuck up your shoes.

I think it's jist bad choices. Drinking too quickly. Morning after is just slcohol poisoning. There was a guy who used to drink 36 pints on a session but it was ale and he'd do pie eating contest in the afternoon. But his pace was so slow. He'd have a pint ever half hour. I'd just down pints all the time. Then now and again one just doesn't go down well, you get a shot and suddenly you need to puke. Probably just because you had 10 pints in an hour. Your body must be like what the fuck is this. 

That's why I stick to Coors Light and shots of Jack. It's what I like, it's what I know, and I can adjust accordingly to environmental factors. If I gotta do something the next day, I cut back 25% on the Jack. If I ate a lot, not much room for beer, I increase the Jack for a while. But I stick with what works. I'm 46, been a heavy fuckin drinker & god knows what else since I was 12.

I've puked on literally everything that's ever been fermented or distilled. But one time when I was 17, gin took me to a place I haven't gone back to in 29 years. Literally never had a sip of it since. 

1 hour ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

That's why I stick to Coors Light and shots of Jack. It's what I like, it's what I know, and I can adjust accordingly to environmental factors. If I gotta do something the next day, I cut back 25% on the Jack. If I ate a lot, not much room for beer, I increase the Jack for a while. But I stick with what works. I'm 46, been a heavy fuckin drinker & god knows what else since I was 12.

I've puked on literally everything that's ever been fermented or distilled. But one time when I was 17, gin took me to a place I haven't gone back to in 29 years. Literally never had a sip of it since. 

I remember drinking 2 bottles of vodka in an hour and spent about an hour puking after that. Not even sure why I did that. Someone said they going to the store what do you want? 2 bottles of vodka was just my first thought. Why I just downed them I don't know. After the first bottle I was just numb so I just carried on. After an hour "Get me a bucket". So the smell of vodka just makes me feel queasy. 

I did have a small thing with gin but it was just a tight hangover. But now I just find it refreshing over ice and tonic. 

Edited by wasted

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I remember drinking 2 bottles of vodka in an hour and spent about an hour puking after that. Not even sure why I did that. Someone said they going to the store what do you want? 2 bottles of vodka was just my first thought. Why I just downed them I don't know. After the first bottle I was just numb so I just carried on. After an hour "Get me a bucket". So the smell of vodka just makes me feel queasy. 

I did have a small thing with gin but it was just a tight hangover. But now I just find it refreshing over ice and tonic. 

I have the same issue with Southern Comfort after i shunted down a whole bottle in like 20 mins and then, inexplicably, going on a half an hour walk to go get a ginsters pie from an all night ASDA.  I was 13 at the time and wound up about something or another. 

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I have the same issue with Southern Comfort after i shunted down a whole bottle in like 20 mins and then, inexplicably, going on a half an hour walk to go get a ginsters pie from an all night ASDA.  I was 13 at the time and wound up about something or another. 

My friend ate a big mac and then had 1 pint across the road and puked. He said the big mac just came out almost unchewed. So I think it's more than just quantities of booze. An ill timed glass of cognac and some bad cigar puts me on the edge. 

Last time I puked wasn't alco related. It was this beef I found in my freezer. I don't think I defrosted it properly. It was coming from both ends with fever and sweats. I went to the docs and they said I had a parasite. So they gave these pills and it was gone in a few hours. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wasted said:

My friend ate a big mac and then had 1 pint across the road and puked. He said the big mac just came out almost unchewed. So I think it's more than just quantities of booze. An ill timed glass of cognac and some bad cigar puts me on the edge. 

Last time I puked wasn't alco related. It was this beef I found in my freezer. I don't think I defrosted it properly. It was coming from both ends with fever and sweats. I went to the docs and they said I had a parasite. So they gave these pills and it was gone in a few hours. 

Yes i do recall you being incapacitated a whiles back :lol:  Like you say its about timing and pace, sort of like a boxing match...every so often you can push the boundaries a bit but its never too good an idea to throw caution to the wind completely.

11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Yes i do recall you being incapacitated a whiles back :lol:  Like you say its about timing and pace, sort of like a boxing match...every so often you can push the boundaries a bit but its never too good an idea to throw caution to the wind completely.

This guy was telling me his theory of drinking only Kronenberg. So he'd go in 3s and drink 9. Said no hangover. So I did the same. But when I went home I finished off this bottle of Ameretto I had lying around. I didn't feel so great in the morning. So we went this barbq the next day. I brought 12 Carlsberg, a bottle of wine and a bottle JD. The standard. I finished the beers and wine by 2pm so started in on the JD. So I was explaining to him how the 9 Kronenberg rule just doesn't work for me. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2017 at 5:32 PM, bucketfoot said:

Rock is dead.

Get over it.

no sweetie gotta disagree. rock is not Buddy Holly anymore and hasn't been for a long time. it is evolving. and will keep evolving. and in the famous words of Mr. Huey Lewis :P

5 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

but sometimes you need a beer helmet. So it might happen. I used to drink bottles of rosé through a vuvuzela years ago.

rose wine is sublime. oh goodness there was a vin de mistral by Phelps Vineyard that has tastes of raspberries and strawberries and i could have had that for breakfast lunch and dinner ;)

8 hours ago, wasted said:

This guy was telling me his theory of drinking only Kronenberg. So he'd go in 3s and drink 9. Said no hangover. So I did the same. But when I went home I finished off this bottle of Ameretto I had lying around. I didn't feel so great in the morning. So we went this barbq the next day. I brought 12 Carlsberg, a bottle of wine and a bottle JD. The standard. I finished the beers and wine by 2pm so started in on the JD. So I was explaining to him how the 9 Kronenberg rule just doesn't work for me. 

you have the constitution of a heavy drinking Clydesdale i swear :lol:

8 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

but sometimes you need a beer helmet. So it might happen. I used to drink bottles of rosé through a vuvuzela years ago.

Sure sure of course :lol:. Rose? Like Mateus? oh Lord, that will mess you up for sure..

just realized this is the rock thread, thought it was alcholic/hangover thread, oops. 

20 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

do they just sell booze to 13 years there?? and wtf is a ginsters pie? this is all very on point about the future of rock you know. ummmm GN'R wrote Nightrain about a horrific type of fortified wine and now GN'R is bringing rock right to the forefront of music again! yeah...that's it. that's the ticket! ;) 

11 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

no sweetie gotta disagree. rock is not Buddy Holly anymore and hasn't been for a long time. it is evolving. and will keep evolving. and in the famous words of Mr. Huey Lewis

It was meant tongue in cheek to be fair, I was being a bit mischievious. I maybe should have put a laughing smiley on the end? :lol:

Of course it's not dead. :D