11/06/17 - Chicago, IL - United Center

gunsguy

On 2017-11-07 at 10:07 AM, Andy14 said:

Axl with different shoes on

That was Awesome!!!:headbang: :headbang::headbang:

Seemed to me that Axl changed out his whole usual routine that time, as a result of his one-shoe trick, for this tune!!! 😁

Which was very cool!!! 👍🏻 😎 :headbang:

Edited by Crowebar

19 hours ago, Fat_Samurai said:

There Was A Time

Not sure how many more i can post today.

THANK YOU!  Made my day for posting this.  

19 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

HAHA! Too funny. That's me saying "OH SHIT" as soon as the song starts. And then "yeaaaah!"

That was hilarious! :lol: If I'd been there, I'm sure I'd have reacted the same way.  You're very lucky to have been able to hear TWAT live.

I'm still not a fan of Slash's work on TWAT.  It's a shame because he's been absolutely kicking ass with the CD songs of late, so much so, I feel like I've fallen in love with his playing all over again - and I already loved him to begin with - but lately he's been on another level.  I actually feel privileged to be listening to him again in the 'current' era.

TWAT is the only CD song that continues to elude him imo... I don't think he'll ever manage to make those solos his own.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Oh mu god.. that voice crack at TWAT...

Slash's out of time signature soloing... 

TWAT and Catcher are the worst sounding songs on NITL..

Agree about TWAT.  Which Catcher are you referring to though?  The Detroit one was outstanding, best one of the tour, I thought.  Did they play Catcher last night?

25 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Agree about TWAT.  Which Catcher are you referring to though?  The Detroit one was outstanding, best one of the tour, I thought.  Did they play Catcher last night?

Did they play it in Detroit?  Cant find that.  Maybe Louisville? :) 

39 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

THANK YOU!  Made my day for posting this.  

That was hilarious! :lol: If I'd been there, I'm sure I'd have reacted the same way.  You're very lucky to have been able to hear TWAT live.

I'm still not a fan of Slash's work on TWAT.  It's a shame because he's been absolutely kicking ass with the CD songs of late, so much so, I feel like I've fallen in love with his playing all over again - and I already loved him to begin with - but lately he's been on another level.  I actually feel privileged to be listening to him again in the 'current' era.

TWAT is the only CD song that continues to elude him imo... I don't think he'll ever manage to make those solos his own.

Haven't heard TWAT from Chicago yet but I think he did an amazing job in New York. I agree the first times he played it it seemed forced but that New York Twat was really great IMO

48 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I haven;t really checked 2017 Catcher cause they were rare...

But I remember how awful it was in 2016 - Axl's singing - then  I can only imagine how lame it is now...in 2017..

On top of that all - add Slash's uninspired soloing - the only song he made effort was Better...

12 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Haven't heard TWAT from Chicago yet but I think he did an amazing job in New York. I agree the first times he played it it seemed forced but that New York Twat was really great IMO

Can't remember New York...will have to seek it out again.  

With Chicago TWAT, he got the tone right at last, but I really don't like the notes he plays.  Everyone says oh, but he sticks so close to the original and I don't hear that at all.  He goes up and down (or high and low) and all over the place in a really weird way.  The first solo is a shambles to my ear, sounds nothing like the original.  

The second one is better but my problem with Chicago's is that he plays the second solo too joyfully/playfully.  It's meant to be a melancholy solo albeit a powerful one (that's why the original is so incredible).  All I can think is that Slash is feeling too happy to play anything that hints at much pain. LOL  Which is a good thing! 

27 minutes ago, soon said:

Did they play it in Detroit?  Cant find that.  Maybe Louisville? :) 

You're right! It was Louisville!  Sorry. :lol:

17 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I haven;t really checked 2017 Catcher cause they were rare...

But I remember how awful it was in 2016 - Axl's singing - then  I can only imagine how lame it is now...in 2017..

On top of that all - add Slash's uninspired soloing - the only song he made effort was Better...

Oh, wow, make sure you listen to Louisville Catcher then.

I should clarify here, Axl's voice still sounds bad.  I don't listen to CD songs for Axl's voice.  I don't listen to any song on this tour for Axl.  Sorry Axl-vocal fans.  I literally try to block him out.  I don't feel good saying that but it's the reality.  I listen for the band and for Slash.  I thought Slash's playing on Catcher the other night was amazing.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2017 at 7:29 AM, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

YES!  I hope someone, somewhere has posted a recording of this.  This is the only CD song that Slash hasn't quite got to grips with imo but he's hitting his stride with all the CD songs lately, and seemed much improved on TWAT last time.  I'm super keen to listen  to last night's.

Was Catcher played again?  

What has he been been saying?  I haven't heard any of them.

Shit, can't remember now, but sure can find it in one of the streams or in a Coma video...

Edited by colonizedmind

9 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Maybe he means, a physical one, like the good old days? ;)

Then he'll hit that note next show and it'll be mind malfunction GNR forum ! :P
He's as random as fuck, our Axl! 

That's right, remember when he sang I Feel Good for the first time and we were all like WTF?  Where'd that come from? It was short lived. :lol:

He is trying for that note, his voice cracks horribly and he takes a step back. Sadly, the voice he goes for here is the one he used to belt out Thunderstruck, Hells Bells and Back in Black. I wonder if he obliterated that voice singing for AC/DC like he did.

• Like 1

Nobody asked but I had great time at my 6th & final NITL show.  Got there early enough to get a litho & shirt!  As soon as I got in line i saw a dude with a stack of them about an inch thick but they still had some when my time came, thankfully.  Had a couple dancers in front of me which got annoying but they paid same as I did.  Hope GNR head back on the road after some time off.  Wonder if they'll wait until 2021 and do a 30th anniversary UYI tour, new music, just tour again in a year or so or if this will be it?  Thats the several hundred million $ question.