11/06/17 - Chicago, IL - United Center

gunsguy

5 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

@Derick Thanks for that.  Pity there was no Catcher, really wanted to hear Slash on that again.  He was out of this world on the last one.  Now looking around for a TWAT video...

9 minutes ago, Fat_Samurai said:

There Was A Time

Not sure how many more i can post today.

HAHA! Too funny. That's me saying "OH SHIT" as soon as the song starts. And then "yeaaaah!"

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Fat_Samurai said:

There Was A Time

Not sure how many more i can post today.

Thanks for posting this.  I’ve been looking out for it!

Also interesting to me to see the production scaled back for arenas.  The stage seemed so narrow!

i also saw a lot of the background visuals changed.  I’m not sure if anyone posted but there was a maybe 30-60 second animated video before they took the stage of various vehicles smashing through obstacles representing different stops on the tour.  My description doesn’t do it justice. Look it for it

3 hours ago, Slashmatt98 said:

Last night was amazing! I thought axl sounded pretty strong last night. A few voice cracks here and there but his voice was strong last night! Axl and his mic stand absolutely crack me up if you watch him during the show. Durin YCMB, he was swinging the thing like a gigantic sword and just doing all sorts of funny things with it. Axl was in a great mood all night and so was the entire band. These guys are clearly having a blast on stage together and enjoy putting on a 3 hour 30 minute show!

There were some more funny moments like when frank fucked up the beginning to YCBM and Axl made fun of him. Someone already mentioned the train horn not working which was funny as well. During KOHD, during Richards solo, Axl was swinging his mic like a baseball bat, a golf club, and doing all sorts of funny shit when Richard would hit this one note in his solo. If anyone saw this, you’ll know what I mean. 

The show was great and I was pleased to here TWAT in person.. Axl sounded good and I thought did a nice job on the outro. He was very strong on a lot of songs and really impressed me. 

Slash was his usual crowd-stunning self. He was on fire (as usual). Not much more to say, he always shows up to play.

Some highlight songs for me were: Jungle, YCMB, TWAT, New Rose, Coma, Black Hole Sun (Axl sounded amazing on this song), Nightrain, and Madagascar (Axl was strong as f*** on this). Now every song was great, I just feel these were the best sounding ones last night. 

One other quick thing, people who say Axl is overweight and out of shape, can’t sing with any power. Just stop. I bet there are only a handful of people in the world who can RUN around on stage singing incredibly difficult songs for 3 and a half hours. I give him so much credit for that, as with the rest of the band. They bring so much energy each show. 

This show was such a great experience, as I got 8 more songs than I did last year at Soldier Field, plus My Michelle over OTGM. Only complain was I didn’t get to hear Prostitute but hey, I like Sorry so I can’t complain! Really enjoyed myself and hope everyone else did! Cheers!

So why do you think Axl had on a boot and a sneaker for LALD?  Not enough time to change?

was th sneaker foot the one that was injured?  Maybe he was trying to adjust a brace or something and had to get back onstage in a supportive shoe?  Who knows?

i’m wearing a cowboy boot and a sneaker today, though!