Poll: Which scenario is more realistic for the future of GN'R?

The Future of GN'R  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, wafflehead said:

More touring

With or without Duff and Slash, Axl will continue to tour.

As much as I want a new album (or two, or three, or four) to happen, I know it probably won't happen until this tour is over. 

AT LEAST A REMASTERED VERSION OF APPETITE!

Remastered album are taking the original spirit away..

13 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I know Axl is super shy about releasing g music, BUT when he does, he doesn't like to just throw out the most digestible version of the band for the sake of harmony in the band or fan reaction... He likes to challenge the direction and go new places, can't see them reworking anything from the original Chinese album, I can imagine them working on Chinese era material and I can imagine the band working on all new compositions. 

Realistically a new full length album is the best way for them to lengthen their stay and refresh the product they've been selling for the past 18 months. I also think that considering they are getting on well on tour, they can do the same in a recording environment. Let's face it, they won't be cutting an album live in the floor, Axl will do his vocals on his own at his pace.

Well that makes sense, although I dont really see them 'getting along' at the shows. They just kinda tolerate each other, at least Axl vs Slash. I dont see them hanging out or even taking the same limo to the show. So yeah, you'll have to get together at some point to at least discuss what kind of album you'd like to make and/or give each other feedback on the direction or progress. And that's where it will all go to shits. 

I don't see Duff or Slash riding the nostalgia-train longer than this tour so far, they need some kind of inspiration, they need to be challenged 

On 8/14/2017 at 6:33 PM, wafflehead said:

More touring

With or without Duff and Slash, Axl will continue to tour.

As much as I want a new album (or two, or three, or four) to happen, I know it probably won't happen until this tour is over. 

AT LEAST A REMASTERED VERSION OF APPETITE!

I've said this before, but I sincerely hope there's never a remastered version of AFD released.

• Like 3

I think there could be a GNR+AC/DC supergroup album under a new name, which at this point would be Angus with Axl, Slash and Duff. Then a tour of that material and classics from both bands.

Of course, I also think that this is highly unlikely.

Either way, Angus would be quite the replacement for Izzy in the songwriting department and the songs would all be about three minutes long and over 50% of the titles would contain the word 'rock' somewhere without a single piano ballad to be found anywhere.

8 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

I think there could be a GNR+AC/DC supergroup album under a new name, which at this point would be Angus with Axl, Slash and Duff. Then a tour of that material and classics from both bands.

Either way, Angus would be quite the replacement for Izzy in the songwriting department and the songs would all be about three minutes long and over 50% of the titles would contain the word 'rock' somewhere without a single piano ballad to be found anywhere.

Out of likes.  Is it wrong that I reeeeally like this idea?  

4 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

I dont know so much about AC DC but I had the impression that Malcolm was the more prolific songwriter?  Are ACDC in the same position with no Izzy?

- The tour ends in November; there is a three-month silence and then an announcement about a NITL DVD emerges, with a possible release towards the end of 2018. 
- There will be some shows, maybe some festivals, but no new tour at that time. 
- Also, unclear rumours about a new album being in the works will flicker now and then. 4tus will be hinting stuff on his social media, but folks generally won’t take it seriously. 
- Around the time of the DVD release, Duff and Slash will give an interview saying Guns have been seriously looking at putting the new stuff together and releasing something during late 2019. A new single will either air or be played live since the beginning of 2019. 
That’s the furthest I can see...
Wishful thinking? Maybe, maybe.