Chances of new album being named "stay of excution " ??

Just now, Tyler Drama said:

Why do you think it was canned?

Axl was allegedly in the studio finishing up touches on it throughout 2014 but was thrown off by Ashba and Ron's departures which became a catalyst for the reunion. The album most likely contains songs written 15-20 years ago by a completely different lineup (not one member from the original CD line up besides Axl remains) and since the reunion, who knows where Axl's head is in regards to new music or pushing this iteration of Guns forward (assuming he has any at all). If there is a new album I'm sure there will be ideas Axl uses from the album but CD II in its concept is a dead project.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Axl was allegedly in the studio finishing up touches on it throughout 2014 but was thrown off by Ashba and Ron's departures which became a catalyst for the reunion. The album most likely contains songs written 15-20 years ago by a completely different lineup (not one member from the original CD line up besides Axl remains) and since the reunion, who knows where Axl's head is in regards to new music or pushing this iteration of Guns forward (assuming he has any at all). If there is a new album I'm sure there will be ideas Axl uses from the album but CD II in its concept is a dead project.

Dizzy.

27 minutes ago, downzy said:

I believe it was an idea Axl had that wasn't tied to anything in particular.  Just something he liked at a particular time.  

Or maybe it was for a residency in Vegas  I remember hearing ..personally I think it sucks for an album name with slash and duff back in the band.

I honestly think it would have been the name of another Vegas residency, if the reunion plans would have failed. I believe the name of the No Trickery -Vegas shows was a reference to the time when Red Hot Chili Peppers played Super Bowl with the instruments unplugged and Axl Rose reacted to that publicly.

The name of the Stay Of Execution-residency would similarly have been a reference to this: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/30/axl-rose-critical-of-indonesia-after-public-appeal-fails-to-stop-executions The only time when Axl actually mentioned the words Stay Of Execution publicly.

That being said I actually like the name Stay Of Execution. It would be a cool album name, but I don't think it would be that fitting now that Slash and Duff are back in the band.

Lawyers.  I remember reading that Axl was at odds with his lawyers during CDs release.  He was pissed because the lawyers were busy threatening to sue Dr Pepper while he wanted all hands focused on the actual release and promotion of CD.  This to say:  Axl may have muttered that phrase (just as he did wth NITL) and his team of lawyers went ahead and trade marked it without his knowledge. (not behind his back, but via inertia rather then direct request). Not saying that is what happened, but pointing out how useless a piece of info it very well may be.

That said, its a decent name for a three-union album.  

I'd love to be wrong that there is no new album.