Guns N' Roses Calgary 1988 Bootleg

from gnrontour.com:

05.27.88 - Olympic Saddledome, Calgary, Canada
opening for: Iron Maiden
soundcheck: Welcome To The Jungle
set: Out Ta Get Me, My Michelle, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Guitar Solo [Slash], Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City
audio/video recording?: audio (incomplete)
notes: This setlist is incomplete. Kid 'Haggis' Chaos fills in for Duff, as he was in Los Angeles getting married. Axl throws his mic down during "Paradise City" to and jumps in the crowd to fight a heckler.

40 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yeah who did he get married to? lol

His first wife - Mandy Brix, Brics, Brigs or whatever was her name, from what I remember, and he scheduled the wedding a year before but Doug still schedued a tour for them at that date :lol:

very good audio quality

axl pretty pissed off dedicating out ta get me hahahaha

i am not happy to say this, but this bootleg sorta "proves" that duff is the least "irreplaceable" member of GNR, huh?

you put kid chaos in there and it still sounds very much like GNR.

(except maybe on the kohd interlude)

right?

well, you can always hear the bassist as the least noisy guy in the mix, that's physics. I'd really not talk about if he was replaceable or not - remember when he was replaced by Tommy and then sometimes Duff replaced Tommy ;)

the stage presence and what's happening behind the curtains is a completely different thing, of course.

6 hours ago, zombux said:

well, you can always hear the bassist as the least noisy guy in the mix, that's physics. I'd really not talk about if he was replaceable or not - remember when he was replaced by Tommy and then sometimes Duff replaced Tommy ;)

the stage presence and what's happening behind the curtains is a completely different thing, of course.

i mean they are all irreplaceable but if izzy and steven and slash and axl are way more unique than duff in a musical sense, thats what i meant i guess