New Steven Adler Interview!

49 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Every time he's opened his mouth in the 90's, the 2000's, right up until now, when he's promoting how he's going to play an album from 1987 the way it's supposed to be, while using a photo of himself from 1987 on the poster along with the colors and font from the album, also from 1987.

The official GN'R site is selling an Axl doll that looks like Axl from 1992, while the other two dolls look like their current self in their 50's.

So it is not only Steven using his young image to promote himself. Axl does the same.

GUNS-24-lookbookdolls-B-r2_large.png?v=1

38 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The cause and the motivation in each case is different, though. Axl did that because he didn't release new music for whatever reasons, not because he wanted to relive the 80s. Steven is fixated.

Axl is totally reliving the 80's by calling back Slash & Duff and go on a tour that is purely nostalgia of 1987. If he truly wanted to move on from that, he would have never embarked on a tour like this.

Whether he has new music or not, thats entirely on himself, just llike Steven stuck in the past, so is Axl. None of them moved on one iota.... and Axl is now even singing with another cock-rock band from the 70's/80's.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

The Topic here was an Adler interview, wonder why every Adler article gets miraculously converted into an Axl topic?

Because Adler is getting criticised here for the exact same reasons Rose himself is guilty of, peddling nostalgia, cock-rockery, being stuck in 1987. Why the double-standard?

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

On 25/02/2018 at 1:34 PM, action said:

yeah, why don't we make fun of a man with a stroke induced speech impedement, who speaks over a crackling phone, which is communicated over crappy FM station, then posted on youtube, and point out how weird he sounds

your mother  would sound weird in the same situation.

pay some fucking respect to this member of the appetite 5

why would you call GNR by a different name like appetite 5?

GNR is GNR and shouldnt be called by any other name, dont you think so?

the band that actually deserves a different name other than GNR is the "Guns n Circus" leftovers that kept on touring in 1992 and 1993 and presenting themselves as GNR

same for the Guns n Aliens nonsense that is doing it again right now

not to mention the nonsense axl rose solo band that toured as GNR for nearly two decades!

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Because Adler is getting criticised here for the exact same reasons Rose himself is guilty of, peddling nostalgia, cock-rockery, being stuck in 1987.

No- Adler is being criticized because of his constant whining, inability to move on, and unhealthy obsession with Guns N' Roses.

The usual haters are merely using it as another opportunity to disparage Axl. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RazorGunner said:

No- Adler is being criticized because of his constant whining, inability to move on, and unhealthy obsession with Guns N' Roses.

The usual haters are merely using it as another opportunity to disparage Axl. 

What I have placed in bold, Rose himself is guilty of.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I disagree- Axl has moved on, and while nostalgia certainly plays a part- Not In This Lifetime tour has been immensely successful.

Adler, on the other hand is a fucking broken record, I hope he is kept far away from GNR with his whining, lies and nonsense - and resolves to play for his tens of fans at his fabulous gigs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Because Adler is getting criticised here for the exact same reasons Rose himself is guilty of, peddling nostalgia, cock-rockery, being stuck in 1987. Why the double-standard?

It's not a double-standard. Axl is the lead singer of Guns N'Roses so when he plays concerts with Guns N'Roses he plays Guns N'Roses hit songs. There's nothing to suggest he's living in or fixated with 1987 other than that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What would Axl move on from? His own band? Axl's playing GNR songs - yes, some from 1987 - but GNR is his band and those are the songs people are paying to see.

Adler's playing them on this tour specifically because he has a bug up his ass about being left out of the reunion and trying to capitalize on GNR's current popularly by showing people the "right" way to play an album from 1987.  

On 25/02/2018 at 1:19 PM, DieselDaisy said:

It is a strange irony of fate that the consequence Adler's being intoxicated is that he is cursed to perpetually sound intoxicated even when he's sober and has been sober for sometime - philosophies and religions have held lengthy discourse on such subjects!

His not 100 percent sober his still a big drinker and weed smoker. Maybe he calls himself sober from hardcore drugs but his still hitting weed and alcohol. 

11 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Who would get royalties from a re-recorded song? The original song writers and the new performers? 

There is the song, i.e. the composition, and the recording. Most royalties go to the song, i.e. to the songwriters or those who own the rights. The recording artists (who may or may not be the songwriters) get royalties according to their contract with the label.

So if the new AFD recording was released or used on a movie etc. most royalties would go to the credited songwriters.

If Axl intended to do that it wasn't for the money (because it wouldn't make a difference for him financially), but to be able to license the new recording without being vetoed and, at the same time, to block the licensing of the old recording.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RazorGunner said:

I disagree- Axl has moved on, and while nostalgia certainly plays a part- Not In This Lifetime tour has been immensely successful.

Adler, on the other hand is a fucking broken record, I hope he is kept far away from GNR with his whining, lies and nonsense - and resolves to play for his tens of fans at his fabulous gigs. 

How exactly has ''Axl...moved on''?

- He is doing what he has said he'd never do, playing a tour with Slash, a band mate he last played with in 1993.

- There is no album. There is no new material in the setlist.

- Adler is advertising the following,

Adlers Appetite Performing Appetite For Destruction In Full

And here is the poster,

29064429_10156561454167446_6636905324383

Well, Rose himself plays 9/12 songs from Appetite! 

With that poster in mind, the artwork/advertising for the NITL tour is equally heavy on nostalgia,

chamber-logo.png

The above is the centre piece from Guns N' Roses's official website which consists entirely of nostalgic iconography,

http://www.gunsnroses.com/

Also on that front page is this,

logo-footer-clear.png

How is this any different to Adler?

Just now, Blackstar said:

There is the song, i.e. the composition, and the recording. Most royalties go to the song, i.e. to the songwriters or those who own the rights. The recording artists (who may or may not be the songwriters) get royalties according to their contract with the label.

So if the new AFD recording was released or used on a movie etc. most royalties would go to the credited songwriters.

If Axl intended to do that it wasn't for the money (because it wouldn't make a difference for him financially), but to be able to license the new recording without being vetoed and, at the same time, to block the licensing of the old recording.

Could anyone wishing to license the music insist that it be the original recording? I know Axl can be a little out there sometimes but getting the world to accept a new version of an 11 year old album seems a bit much even for him.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

How exactly has ''Axl...moved on''?

- He is doing what he has said he'd never do, playing a tour with Slash, a band mate he last played with in 1993.

- There is no album. There is no new material in the setlist.

- Adler is advertising the following,

And here is the poster,

29064429_10156561454167446_6636905324383

Well, Rose himself plays 9/12 songs from Appetite! 

With that poster in mind, the artwork/advertising for the NITL tour is equally heavy on nostalgia,

chamber-logo.png

The above is the centre piece from Guns N' Roses's official website which consists entirely of nostalgic iconography,

http://www.gunsnroses.com/

Also on that front page is this,

logo-footer-clear.png

How is this any different to Adler?

Because Axl in currently in and performing with Guns N'Roses and Adler is covering songs from the band he was thrown out of 30 years ago because they won't let him back in it.

On 26/02/2018 at 8:41 AM, RONIN said:

"I took it pretty hard when Stevie was out of the band. It was pretty upsetting, cos I was watching Stevie trying to get himself together after pulling myself together, and it was kinda hard seeing somebody trying when they're not really ready for it. I actually spoke to Steve probably a month ago - against the advice of the attorneys - all that fucking bullshit. That part of the business, that part of the band, is such a load of shit - it seems it fucks up so many good things. But I talked to Stevie, I'd heard he wasn't doing so well, and it was a trip talking to the guy cos I hadn't talked to him for what must've been a year.

He was a good natured guy; I hope he can get it together. He was never malicious, he never tried to fuck people around, he was just happy playing his drums. In some ways he's a little naive, I guess. I just tried to offer a little support, y'know? I just talked to him for a little bit. He was a good drummer. He wasn't virtuoso, a Neil Peart from Rush or something, but he's a fucking damn good rock drummer, he's a good guy, and he was funnier than shit on the road. I was always laughing when I was hanging out with Stevie. " 

Izzy Stradlin'

Kerrang September '92

Fact izzy never bothered to tour with Adler. Make a song with adler. Invite adler to play with his bands. I doubt even Izzy considered him reliable enough for that. 

Izzy has made songs or appeared with every other member through the years though even his successor Matt Sorum. 

7 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

What would Axl move on from? His own band? Axl's playing GNR songs - yes, some from 1987 - but GNR is his band and those are the songs people are paying to see.

Well then you are starting to agree with me that Rose is stuck in 1987. 

8 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Adler's playing them on this tour specifically because he has a bug up his ass about being left out of the reunion and trying to capitalize on GNR's current popularly by showing people the "right" way to play an album from 1987.  

Well Adler was 1/5th of what is being peddled here by both acts. Adler is inherently going to provide 1/5th of the ''Appetite'' ingredients. 

2 minutes ago, vloors said:

Fact izzy never bothered to tour with Adler. Make a song with adler. Invite adler to play with his bands. I doubt even Izzy considered him reliable enough for that. 

Izzy has made songs or appeared with every other member through the years though even his successor Matt Sorum. 

Good Point! 

4 minutes ago, vloors said:

Well Adler was 1/5th of what is being peddled here by both acts. Adler is inherently going to provide 1/5th of the ''Appetite'' ingredients. 

He's fronting Guns N'Roses so he performs Guns N'Roses songs because people expect to hear them. How is that stuck in 1987? Compared to someone who did nothing but whine and talk about the good old days for 30 years, is currently going on a tour to perform songs from a band he was thrown out of 30 years ago? 

It's not just this tour or who plays what it's that the guy was thrown out of the band 30 years ago and hasn't shut up or accept it yet. 

4 minutes ago, vloors said:

Good point! And we’re talking about Izzy Stradlin, the guy that have make tons and tons of music and never invited Adler.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

This entire conversation is beyond stupid and unproductive.

Fact is Axl owns GNR and has every right to tour under that name, all legacy bands play their hits at shows- It is expected by the audience- and the audience is mostly comprised of casuals.

Fact is Adler got fired over 25 years ago for being a junkie and unable to play.

Fact is that he has been a constant pain in the neck embarrassment even after GNR very generously allowed him to do some guest spots on the NITL tour. 

Fact is nothing said here by either side of this disagreement will alter reality one Iota. 

• Like 2

On multiple occasions.

Didn't he say Slash was ''in his ass''? Seemingly Rose has removed Slash from rectum and reunited with the, hopefully newly showered/bathed, fella. 

Multiple occasions? Please quote just 1 that he said that he will never play a tour with Slash again.