New Steven Adler Interview!

7 minutes ago, vloors said:

His been saying that for 30 years now next minute his in rehab again

Adler isn't clean- that's another lie he tells his gullible fans. Chip Z'nuff mentioned him smoking weed in a recent interview. 

Granted, weed isn't heroin- but it is a Mind-altering intoxicating substance.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Derick said:

Multiple occasions? Please quote just 1 that he said that he will never play a tour with Slash again.

I would assume that if somebody regarded someone as being ''in their ass'' or ''a cancer'' that they are not contemplating a reunion with them anytime soon!!

3 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

Fact is Axl owns GNR and has every right to tour under that name, all legacy bands play their hits at shows- It is expected by the audience- and the audience is mostly comprised of casuals.

Then you do agree with me. 

On 4/26/2018 at 12:12 AM, Modano09 said:

Could anyone wishing to license the music insist that it be the original recording? I know Axl can be a little out there sometimes but getting the world to accept a new version of an 11 year old album seems a bit much even for him.

Who knows... It was 1998/99 and maybe he really believed that a modern re-recording could get a good response. Anyway, even if it had crossed his mind, he backed down from it quickly (thank god for that).

And most likely, if he had attempted it, he wouldn't have managed to surpass the legal obstacles. We know that there has been a lot of litigation about licensing/permissions, e.g. Slash on Guitar Hero, Appetite For Democracy etc.

Edited by Blackstar

10 minutes ago, Derick said:

Multiple occasions? Please quote just 1 that he said that he will never play a tour with Slash again.

".... there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty."

Also...

"(...) his personal though guarded distaste for much of 'Appetite' other than his or Duff's playing, Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after 'Lies.' In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided -- and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=168

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I would assume that if somebody regarded someone as being ''in their ass'' or ''a cancer'' that they are not contemplating a reunion with them anytime soon!!

Then you do agree with me. 

Only in the aspect that nostalgia does play a part- that isn't arguable. Nostagia plays a part for every band of that league that tours. 

I'm glad Slash made amends with Axl and they are able to work together.

If you are set on supporting Adler, maybe go buy tickets to one of his junkie sideshows, or buy his mommy's new book? 

Just now, RazorGunner said:

Only in the aspect that nostalgia does play a part- that isn't arguable. Nostagia plays a part for every band of that league that tours. 

I'm glad Slash made amends with Axl and they are able to work together.

If you are set on supporting Adler, maybe go buy tickets to one of his junkie sideshows, or buy his mommy's new book? 

I wouldn't go to see any of these legacy ''80s revival'' acts. 

I'd see The Conspirators (if they came to my city).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Derick said:

Is NITLT  a reunion tour? Where´s Izzy? Where´s Adler?

why waste so much time and energy arguing over semantics? Axl talked shit on Slash for years and said he wouldn't tour with him. When Slash was planning on attending a GNR show in 2001, Axl shut everything down. Don't act like Axl didn't hate Slash. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Derick said:

Good point! And we’re talking about Izzy Stradlin, the guy that have make tons and tons of music and never invited Adler.

Not really. I can't remember to listen to either Axl or Slash on the tons and tons of Izzy's music :shrugs: Izzy does appear on a Slash song, but, that we know, neither Slash or Axl were ever invited to any Izzy solo song. As for live, Izzy joined every other AFD member on stage, Steven included.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

How exactly has ''Axl...moved on''?

- He is doing what he has said he'd never do, playing a tour with Slash, a band mate he last played with in 1993.

- There is no album. There is no new material in the setlist.

- Adler is advertising the following,

And here is the poster,

29064429_10156561454167446_6636905324383

Well, Rose himself plays 9/12 songs from Appetite! 

With that poster in mind, the artwork/advertising for the NITL tour is equally heavy on nostalgia,

chamber-logo.png

The above is the centre piece from Guns N' Roses's official website which consists entirely of nostalgic iconography,

http://www.gunsnroses.com/

Also on that front page is this,

logo-footer-clear.png

How is this any different to Adler?

I think the main difference is that GNR are still GNR. Adler is using the GNR name to capitalize. Kinda the same as when nuguns were doing their thing. At least now, Axl, Slash, and Duff are all members. The imagery they have been using is nostalgic, but also iconic, plus they are promoting themselves, as GNR. Adler is clinging to that imagery and isn’t a part of guns anymore, but he’s promoting it like he is

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Essentially,

If Rose forms a covers band with cock-rockers present (Ashba), and plays Appetite, and peddles 1980s nostalgia such as strippers, it is alright.

If Adler does the exact same thing, it is blasphemy.

It sure is blasphemy, have you heard his latest singer!? He can't sing a full song without going out of key and he's completely corny.

Edited by Order of Nine

Just now, Order of Nine said:

It sure is blasphemy, have you heard his latest singer!? He can't sing a full song without going out of key and he's completely corny.

That works equally as well for Ashba with a few minor corrections. Allow me,

1 minute ago, Order of Nine said:

It sure is blasphemy, have you heard his latest guitarist!? He can't play a full song without going out of key and he's completely corny.

3 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

I think the main difference is that GNR are still GNR. Adler is using the GNR name to capitalize. Kinda the same as when nuguns were doing their thing. At least now, Axl, Slash, and Duff are all members. The imagery they have been using is nostalgic, but also iconic, plus they are promoting themselves, as GNR. Adler is clinging to that imagery and isn’t a part of guns anymore, but he’s promoting it like he is

He is definitely riding coat tails- using the font, playing all the GNR songs and using a picture that is at least 25 years old. 

He is capitalizing on GNR's success- which is the only success he has had, even though he hasn't been in the band since 1990. 

I don't imagine selling VCR copies of Celebrity Rehab would be very profitable. :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Order of Nine said:

I'll drink a case of Ashba water any day over listening to that dork butcher Guns songs while dressing like an extra out of a bad Nelson video.

You seem to have strong feelings about this, have you tried just not listening to this band?  

Edited by cooker
  • Like 1