New Steven Adler Interview!

14 minutes ago, Ratam said:

You are right @derick think this Axl interview was around 2012 and i think was in USA TODAY

I just found it..It’s from 2011 to LA Times.

All these managers, they know one thing. They know that they can at least ... sell a reunion tour and get their commission. It’s just a phone call. It’s a half a day’s ... work, or however long they want to keep the bidding war going. They get their commission and they don’t care if it falls on its face.

Because, really, you can get guys from the "Illusion" thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really. It’s nothing against Izzy and it’s nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I’m working with right now, they work really hard and it’s hard work. I’ve toured with the other guys and I’ve also seen what they’ve done since, and I just know the difficulties.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/12/axl-rose-talks-playing-los-angeles-rock-hall-reunion.html

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Derick said:

All these managers, they know one thing. They know that they can at least ... sell a reunion tour and get their commission. It’s just a phone call. It’s a half a day’s ... work, or however long they want to keep the bidding war going. They get their commission and they don’t care if it falls on its face.

Because, really, you can get guys from the "Illusion" thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really. It’s nothing against Izzy and it’s nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I’m working with right now, they work really hard and it’s hard work. I’ve toured with the other guys and I’ve also seen what they’ve done since, and I just know the difficulties.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/12/axl-rose-talks-playing-los-angeles-rock-hall-reunion.html

Oh sorry :facepalm:no one, no 2012 and no USA TODAY ,sorry again and thanks you find this Axl interview👍

10 minutes ago, Derick said:

He sound open with Slash &Duff reunion .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Derick said:

So basically, it could work with Duff and Slash, but Steven might whine about wanting to be part of it, but he can't handle it, and Izzy can't handle it, because of how he prefers to do things.....which is literally what ended up happening, 5 years later. I mean, people like to ignore the obvious or the common sense but there it is, 5 years before any reunion. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Derick said:

I’m arguing about the Axl’s “Not in this lifetime “ statement. I’m arguing that still valid because we haven’t a GNR old lineup reunion. And you?

By 2012 was he still denial of Duff? Are you sure? How did you know that? Even Slash, since 2010 I can’t remember any quote from Axl saying that he’ll not tour with him again.. And there’s a Axl’s quote where he said that, about the former members, he only would touring again with Slash or Duff. 

You were arguing that Axl never said he was going to reunite with Slash and yes he did, in several ocassions. Including the "Not in this lifetime" comment, because when the guy says "old lineup", the old lineup it is composed of Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Sorum, Clarke, etc.

He came back and forth with making up his mind about who he wanted to reunite with and who he didn't want to have on board:

2009:
"... there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty."

"In regards to Slash (...) what's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man."

2011:
After a comment from Slash about the possibility of reunion, Axl replied on a tweet: "no concrete plans nor were there ever for a tour, or a relaunch, or certainly not to replace anyone in the band".

2012:
"(...) For me there hasn't been a way to make any type of reunion work regardless of money (either talk or legitimate) without jeopardizing what I feel is the well-being and best interests of nearly everyone I'm involved with in the GNR camp. (...) It's not somewhere I'd go back to or would want to go again. Life's too short."

"(...) For me, with the exception of Izzy or Duff joining us on stage if they were so inclined somewhere in the future for a song or two, that's enough."

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

You were arguing that Axl never said he was going to reunite with Slash and yes he did, in several ocassions. Including the "Not in this lifetime" comment, because when the guy says "old lineup", the old lineup it is composed of Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Sorum, Clarke, etc.

What? :shrugs:

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Steven Adler was a guy with his defenses low, all sick from the drugs, trying to find a path and without a huge name like Guns N' Roses behind. Anything Adler did back then was heroic, given the conditions he was under.

Axl Rose, on the other hand, was sitting on his ass in his mansion. Being served food in a gold plate by his horde of Brazilian employees, counting the 13 million bucks given by the record company to spend on the promise of a grandiouse album.

So who is the loser here? The guy who had it all and did nothing with it or the poor guy who had nothing and still managed to pull out a couple of albums of original work?

I get you want the original 5 back together. But what does Axl having money, having a management team and how he chooses to spend his time and money got to do with you or your daily life?.

Its comments like these that show you have taken it personally and i am not sure why you have taken it to heart.

Remember Axl and the band would not know you from a bar of soap and what  you do in your life does not effect them.

The same should apply to you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Axl Rose, on the other hand, was sitting on his ass in his mansion. Being served food in a gold plate by his horde of Brazilian employees, counting the 13 million bucks given by the record company to spend on the promise of a grandiouse album.

Holy Shit!!! :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Derick said:

Sorry, it’s not working..Maybe you should try harder.

There was a long stream of people trying to explain this to you and you still dont get so it is not my fault, buddy. I'll help you a bit but you shouldn't be so lazy. Go back and read what has been posted already. Dont make people type it all over again.

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

How exactly has ''Axl...moved on''?

- He is doing what he has said he'd never do, playing a tour with Slash, a band mate he last played with in 1993.

⬇️

7 hours ago, Derick said:

When he said that? 

⬇️

On multiple occasions.

Didn't he say Slash was ''in his ass''? Seemingly Rose has removed Slash from rectum and reunited with the, hopefully newly showered/bathed, fella. 

⬇️

Multiple occasions? Please quote just 1 that he said that he will never play a tour with Slash again.

⬇️

7 hours ago, History2010 said:

the name of the current tour is a direct quote from Axl regarding if he would ever do a reunion tour.

⬇️

I would assume that if somebody regarded someone as being ''in their ass'' or ''a cancer'' that they are not contemplating a reunion with them anytime soon!!

⬇️

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

".... there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty."

Also...

"(...) his personal though guarded distaste for much of 'Appetite' other than his or Duff's playing, Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after 'Lies.' In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided -- and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=168

⬇️

Is NITLT  a reunion tour? Where´s Izzy? Where´s Adler?

⬇️

7 hours ago, History2010 said:

why waste so much time and energy arguing over semantics? Axl talked shit on Slash for years and said he wouldn't tour with him. When Slash was planning on attending a GNR show in 2001, Axl shut everything down. Don't act like Axl didn't hate Slash. 

⬇️

well, at that moment he does not consider the possibility...But still, he not said NEVER, did he?

⬇️

I think "Not in this lifetime" equals never.

⬇️

Do you remember the question that gave rise to this answer?

⬇️

Yeah, if he considered a reunion tour with the old lineup.

The "old lineup" is a vague term because there is the AFD lineup and the UYI lineup, but in both lineups there was Slash and Duff, so his sayings still apply.

-_-

• GNFNR 1

26 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

I get you want the original 5 back together. But what does Axl having money, having a management team and how he chooses to spend his time and money got to do with you or your daily life?.

Its comments like these that show you have taken it personally and i am not sure why you have taken it to heart.

Remember Axl and the band would not know you from a bar of soap and what  you do in your life does not effect them.

The same should apply to you.

:question:

Sorry, bud. You make no sense at all.

44 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Every Steven or Izzy thread always turns into a shit show.  Well done guys, keep up the tradition

It's a fair point, as a user that mostly lurks to make sure I don't miss a new leak or an album announcement, it seems like Steven talks a lot. I don't think that many people really care.  If you check this forum once a week, you need to filter past at least one "Steven prefers sheep skin to latex." thread, or  "Audio of Steven shitting on the bus 88: proshot." and it's just like "Ugh, I don't fucking care."  

If the site has a all encompassing "Axl's voice thread, why not a grand "Shit Steven said today" thread

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

There was a long stream of people trying to explain this to you and you still dont get so it is not my fault, buddy. I'll help you a bit but you shouldn't be so lazy. Go back and read what has been posted already. Dont make people type it all over again.

A long stream of people...You and two others guys! :facepalm:

Anyway...

1) Since when let bad things behind like resentment or hate and  reestablish a friendship it’s not moving on?

2) Yeah they said a lot shit on the past when resentments still there and as the feelings settled down he (Axl) began to ponder about playing with Slash and Duff again. What's wrong with that? Would you rather they would continue with all that hatred? What’s your point about that?

3) About that “ Not in this Lifetime “ statement..The TMZ guy aked him about a reunion tour with the “FULL lineup “. So yes, his statement is still valid. And there’s nothing vague on the TMZ guy question, sorry.

4) :P

8 hours ago, Modano09 said:

You can prefer whatever you want, but it's funny when you rattle off embarrassing moments for Axl when they're still better than anything Adler accomplished. Yeah, Axl did a Vegas residency. A lot of artists do that these days. Adler did Celebrity Rehab. Roll, roll, roll the joint!

They are both equally awful. What more do you want me to say?

I mean,

The levitating piano haha

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Leaving aside for a moment the (pointless) arguments that go round in circles in every thread like this, let's wonder why Adler has always been the least popular member of the classic lineup, even though objectively he hasn't been (much) worse than the other members.

An obvious answer could be that, although everyone who is a real fan of AFD acknowledges his contribution to the sound of that album, he's still the drummer. And drummers, with some notable exceptions like Keith Moon, have always been the band members who people care about the least and the ones who are generally considered less irreplaceable/indispensable.

An additional reason could be that Steven's persona, despite some qualities people see in him (like genuineness and candidness) and the fact that there has been a a fair amount of drama surrounding him, is the least charismatic and/or interesting, as he's the least complicated one. That's subjective, of course, and some people might disagree, but I think it's fair to say that this is how he's seen by the majority.

If we see GnR like a soap opera (and their story resembles a lot to a soap opera :lol:), Steven is one of those characters that the viewers may sympathise with/feel sorry for at times, but in general they are uninterested in them or find them annoying, so they just watch their scenes without much attention and wait for the next development about their favourite characters. The times the viewers may take interest in these characters are mostly when they conflict with a main character they love or love to hate. And that's how every thread about Steven turns into yet another polarised thread about Axl, NuGnR, CD, etc. :lol:

All of this.

And add to that the fact that Steven didn't contribute a lot to the songwriting. Had he been just as important as the other guys in contributing ideas or songs, he'd be a lot more respected by some people. 

That's one of the (many) reasons why Izzy is so beloved around here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Leaving aside for a moment the (pointless) arguments that go round in circles in every thread like this, let's wonder why Adler has always been the least popular member of the classic lineup, even though objectively he hasn't been (much) worse than the other members.

An obvious answer could be that, although everyone who is a real fan of AFD acknowledges his contribution to the sound of that album, he's still the drummer. And drummers, with some notable exceptions like Keith Moon, have always been the band members who people care about the least and the ones who are generally considered less irreplaceable/indispensable.

An additional reason could be that Steven's persona, despite the qualities some people see in him (like genuineness and candidness) and the fair amount of drama surrounding him, is the least charismatic and/or interesting, as he's the least complicated one. That's subjective, of course, and some people might disagree, but I think it's fair to say that this is how he's seen by the majority.

If we see GnR like a soap opera (and their story resembles a lot to a soap opera :lol:), Steven is one of those characters that the viewers may sympathise with/feel sorry for at times, but in general they are uninterested in them or find them annoying, so they just watch their scenes without much attention and wait for the next development about their favourite characters. The times the viewers may take interest in these characters are mostly when they conflict with a main character they love or love to hate. And that's how every recent thread about Steven has turned into yet another polarised thread about Axl, NuGnR, CD, etc. :lol:

I think people not love Steven too much,he is more a vehicle to attack Axl ,because all time this start and finish in Attack Axl on and on😒

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

An additional reason could be that Steven's persona, despite the qualities some people see in him (like genuineness and candidness) and the fair amount of drama surrounding him, is the least charismatic and/or interesting, as he's the least complicated one. That's subjective, of course, and some people might disagree, but I think it's fair to say that this is how he's seen by the majority.

If we see GnR like a soap opera (and their story resembles a lot to a soap opera :lol:), Steven is one of those characters that the viewers may sympathise with/feel sorry for at times, but in general they are uninterested in them or find them annoying, so they just watch their scenes without much attention and wait for the next development about their favourite characters. The times the viewers may take interest in these characters are mostly when they conflict with a main character they love or love to hate. And that's how every recent thread about Steven has turned into yet another polarised thread about Axl, NuGnR, CD, etc. :lol:

I really had no opinion of him until I started reading his interviews over the years and thought he was whiny and obnoxious. I also don't think he's as genuine and friendly as people think he is, I think he's good at playing the victim and getting people to support him getting what he wants.  

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They are both equally awful. What more do you want me to say?

I mean,

The levitating piano haha

And if this was done on the NITL tour the crowd would love it.. 

And with so many compliments and put downs from you is there anything Guns has done the past ten years that you approve of? 

Edited by Order of Nine