New Steven Adler Interview!

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Haha. Well they will have paid for the spectacle, wouldn't they? ''Look, there goes Rose flying on his piano'' haha. 

I just don't see how your criticisms of the flying piano, Vegas, have been detrimental to the band or have anything remotely to do with thier credibility as musicians.

Yet we have an x member who was thrown a bone( possibly as a chance to see how he would act) and all he does is insult, bash, and use the press to cry and cause drama. Not only is that immature but he's doing it all while having no progression as a musician/drummer. 

Edited by Order of Nine
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

I just don't see how your criticisms of the flying piano, Vegas, have been detrimental to the band or have anything remotely to do with thier credibility as musicians.

Yet we have an x member who was thrown a bone( possibly as a chance to see how he would act) and all he does is insult, bash, and use the press to cry and cause drama. Not only is that immature but he's doing it all while having no progression as a musician/drummer. 

Same applies to Rose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Same applies to Rose.

No it doesn't. Axl and the new line up ditched the past. That's why your not happy with CD. It wasn't blues based pentatonic riffs from 1989. He has more influences that go past the year 1990 and for most that's devestating to thier nostalgia. 

Just now, SoulMonster said:

You don't think CD showed an evolution of Axl Rose as an artist? Or from AFD to UYIs? You're a troll :D

1 minute ago, Order of Nine said:

No it doesn't. Axl and the new line up ditched the past. That's why your not happy with CD. It wasn't blues based pentatonic riffs from 1989. He has more influences that go past the year 1990 and for most that's devestating to thier nostalgia. 

I think Chinese Democracy was ten years' ago, and seventeen years' after Use Your Illusion - that is what I think.

Lmao yeah. This whole tour is a retirement conspiracy for Axl, take the biggest band in the world and do this tour and call it a day. Drop the ball on the biggest opertunities at hand. If you think Slash Duff and Axl haven't talked about doing new music your dellusional. 

3 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

You will be proven wrong twice, once with Angus and when a new Guns album comes out.

Awarding yourself an extra album there haha.

Well I hope it works out for you. Slash has just announced a resumption of The Conspirators so there is two more years you can add on to Rose's creative sabbatical.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Awarding yourself an extra album there haha.

Well I hope it works out for you. Slash has just announced a resumption of The Conspirators so there is two more years you can add on to Rose's creative sabbatical.

Axl is going to do AC/DC first, it's only logical. A, slash has had plans for that album long ago and B, Angus isn't getting any younger and this is a huge opportunity for Axl that he knows he had to sieze. 

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think Chinese Democracy was ten years' ago, and seventeen years' after Use Your Illusion - that is what I think.

Even so, with every release Axl has shown an interest in exploring new types of music and updating the sound. Which is very different from Steven. So you can't really say they are alike in that sense.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, killuridols said:

Axl Rose, on the other hand, was sitting on his ass in his mansion. Being served food in a gold plate by his horde of Brazilian employees, counting the 13 million bucks given by the record company to spend on the promise of a grandiouse album.

So who is the loser here? The guy who had it all and did nothing with it or the poor guy who had nothing and still managed to pull out a couple of albums of original work?

i thought we all agreed that each had their personal problems. No one is a loser. Each member somehow managed to pull themselves out of their personal hell. Axl may not have had the publicity of almost dying from drugs or alcohol but he too has his demons that he struggled and probably still struggles with. It's remarkable that all 5 are thankfully still alive today whether or not they ever all reunite. 

CD whether you recognize it or not is most certainly a progression of GnR and is a very strong album and don't tell me that I'm not a fan and don't appreciate AFD/Lies or UYI because I appreciate CD.  

34 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

Yeah and last I checked. Each Guns album was different in it's own way. Lies didn't sound a lot like Appetite. Chinese sounds nothing like these two albums. 

Absolutely and remember that most of Lies was in existence before AFD was released. It's mostly Live Like A Suicide with the exception of Patience. And I think Patience is noticeably different from most of Lies. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

i thought we all agreed that each had their personal problems. No one is a loser. Each member somehow managed to pull themselves out of their personal hell. Axl may not have had the publicity of almost dying from drugs or alcohol but he too has his demons that he struggled and probably still struggles with. It's remarkable that all 5 are thankfully still alive today whether or not they ever all reunite. 

CD whether you recognize it or not is most certainly a progression of GnR and is a very strong album and don't tell me that I'm not a fan and don't appreciate AFD/Lies or UYI because I appreciate CD.  

I said that because a couple of guys were comparing Axl and Steven accomplishments, implying that Steven didn't achieve anything while Axl did great.

All I did was point out how they cannot be compared because one of them had more advantages than the other. Not a drugaddict, all the money in the world to buy any guitarist and producer he wanted and the whole Guns N' Roses brand to support whatever shit he wanted to make.

However, in spite of having it all served in a plate, he took more than a decade to make a single album and wasted 13 million dollars on it.... 13 million dollars could feed the whole Africa.... When I think of it, I cringe....

I don't know why you keep saying that I don't acknowledge CD or whatever... I do like CD, not as much as the UYI albums or AFD, I don't think it is a terrible album. I just don't see it as a groundbreaking album.

Is it an evolution from the previous music? Nope. Because the guys who created AFD, Lies and UYI are different people. What is it? Just a different band playing different songs. It is not evolution, it is a change from the previous releases.

But in the overall music spectrum it did nothing noteworthy. Didn't mark a new generation of people, didn't influence new bands and new artists, not one single song from it stood out and became a classic.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

But in the overall music spectrum it did nothing noteworthy. Didn't mark a new generation of people, didn't influence new bands and new artists, not one single song from it stood out and became a classic.

Yep. 100% true.

If a certain dude from Lafayette didn't sing in it, basically everyone would be puking on CD. Even those that today say "it's a strong album". Yeah, right. :facepalm:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

he took more than a decade to make a single album and wasted 13 million dollars on it.... 13 million dollars could feed the whole Africa.... When I think of it, I cringe....

At least a lot of recording engineers in the LA area were very well fed between 1998 and 2008.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Order of Nine said:

Axl is going to do AC/DC first, it's only logical. A, slash has had plans for that album long ago and B, Angus isn't getting any younger and this is a huge opportunity for Axl that he knows he had to sieze. 

Why are you stating this stuff as fact?  All you've to do is look at Axl's track record. The chances of him doing any recording of any kind that will be released are slim to none.

35 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Is it an evolution from the previous music? Nope. Because the guys who created AFD, Lies and UYI are different people. What is it? Just a different band playing different songs. It is not evolution, it is a change from the previous releases.

This should be fixed at the main page of this forum. :lol:

I have no idea why people think CD and Axl were so above everything else and ahead of its time with this album lol Its just a bunch of 90s trends put together in a weirdly and overproduced way.

I like some tracks on it but c'mon, theres nothing extraordinary on that album. It is just a 5/5 album tops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, blackrose87 said:

Why are you stating this stuff as fact?  All you've to do is look at Axl's track record. The chances of him doing any recording of any kind that will be released are slim to none.

You think Axl won't record with Angus? That's one of his hero's..