New Steven Adler Interview!

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Fine, stick to the "Axl has shown a strong ability to evolve as an artist with all his releases, but I will stick to my belief that he has lost this ability now because it's been so many years since he released something." :lol: It's silly. Again it amazes me what kind of nonsense you are willing to say, if it only allows you to be critical of Axl. 

Rose is meant to be this ''Roger Waters type'' figure who has progressed creatively. All we have to currently go on is, Rose singing Guns N' Roses classics and Rose singing AC/DC classics. Creatively there is barrenness. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

CD is still ahead of it's time ten years later. If Clink was at the helm of the production duties and Slash had his tracks on it none of you would be really complaining. This tour is a big indication of that. 

And I've said before, IMHO CD was and still is the most creative and out of the box release by guns or any Alumni to date. Regardless if it was released 10 years ago.

One thing that surprised me about that album is its lack of progression. It is basically a bunch of ballads and rock songs with bleeps on top. I suppose by adding bleeps Rose thought he was adding a layer of modernity and sophistication? 

1 minute ago, Order of Nine said:

CD is still ahead of it's time ten years later. If Clink was at the helm of the production duties and Slash had his tracks on it none of you would be really complaining. This tour is a big indication of that. 

The tour is also a joke. Never bought the idea of a tour without new material. 

Slash is doing his thing, Duff released an album while touring NITL, Axl is the only one that has nothing, zero, nada. Mammas boy should just give away the name for those who actually has the ability to do what a band does. Music.

Axl cant writte, cant sing, isnt a good entertainer. The only thing he has is a name. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rose is meant to be this ''Roger Waters type'' figure who has progressed creatively. All we have to currently go on is, Rose singing Guns N' Roses classics and Rose singing AC/DC classics. Creatively there is barrenness. 

Weren't we talking about whether Axl's releases demonstrates that he is an artist who isn't stuck in a mold but able and willing to explore new directions and styles, and not discussing the trivial fact that Guns N' Roses, like any other band, relies on its back catalogue when playing live shows? :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

And I've said before, IMHO CD was and still is the most creative and out of the box release by guns or any Alumni to date. Regardless if it was released 10 years ago.

Uh, what? CD sucks ass and that is it. Just like most of Slash catalogue after GNR sucks ass. Not afraid to say it loud and clear.

Honestly, fine with me if you like CD or whatnot, I mean, I won't comment too much on people's taste (or lack thereof...), but trying to justify the quality of CD with technicalities (creativity? Out of the box? Really?) is just... ahh, whatever.

I'll just close here by saying: dude, it's just music. And as the venerable Guthrie Govan often says: there is good music, or bad music. That simple. Something tells me you have professional music experience/background, cause I spent half my life with types like you, discussing and arguing about the technicalities of the business, trying to look smart and competent and on top of things and respected and admired etc etc. Eventually, that's precisely what drove me away from professional music.

Edited by AncientEvil80

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Leaving aside for a moment the (pointless) arguments that go round in circles in every thread like this, let's wonder why Adler has always been the least popular member of the classic lineup, even though objectively he hasn't been (much) worse than the other members.

An obvious answer could be that, although everyone who is a real fan of AFD acknowledges his contribution to the sound of that album, he's still the drummer. And drummers, with some notable exceptions like Keith Moon, have always been the band members who people care about the least and the ones who are generally considered less irreplaceable/indispensable.

An additional reason could be that Steven's persona, despite the qualities some people see in him (like genuineness and candidness) and the fair amount of drama surrounding him, is the least charismatic and/or interesting, as he's the least complicated one. That's subjective, of course, and some people might disagree, but I think it's fair to say that this is how he's seen by the majority.

If we see GnR like a soap opera (and their story resembles a lot to a soap opera :lol:), Steven is one of those characters that the viewers may sympathise with/feel sorry for at times, but in general they are uninterested in them or find them annoying, so they just watch their scenes without much attention and wait for the next development about their favourite characters. The times the viewers may take interest in these characters are mostly when they conflict with a main character they love or love to hate. And that's how every recent thread about Steven has turned into yet another polarised thread about Axl, NuGnR, CD, etc. :lol:

This.

• Thanks 1

I'm beginning to realize that there are trolls that seem to turn every topic or debate into an opportunity to trash Axl.  CD is obviously a progression of GnR. It has the heavy guitar, driving bass and drums. We were talking about the progression from 1985 to 2008. Yes, I realize much of CD was years prior to its release. As GnR fans I would think we all would be accepting that the frontman is a perfectionist and has a very hard time accepting that anything is ever finalized. To say that he hasn't created anything is an unknown. My guess is that he has a great deal that will never be released. But do I criticize him? No, it's Axl and he has given us so very much. 

I'm very excited for the next chapter. Whether that be Axl/Dc, GnR, or maybe Axl Rose. Regardless of what it is or even if NITLT is the end and we have nothing from any front for Axl, it really doesn't matter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, default_ said:

I strongly believe all this trilogy talk was pure bulshit and all the songs from Chinese Democracy were written by other people. He owns the name and would pay their salary, a huge salary in exchange for songwritting credits. Easy. 

That's a practice The Stones have adopted, and all songs have been credited to Jagger/Richards even though Mick Taylor (and probably Ron Wood) have contributed in writing.

If that was the case with Axl, though, there wouldn't have been so many people credited. In fact, I suspect that it might be the opposite case partly, in an attempt to convince people that CD was a real band effort. It's just hard for me to believe that Paul Tobias and Dizzy Reed wrote as much as they're credited for.

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, default_ said:

the truth is that Axl cant writte a song to save his own ass these days.

How do you know?

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'll reiterate, who is more creative, the artist who never releases original music, or the artist who releases cock rockers? 

Huh? Impossible to answer. Just because Rose has hardly released any music, doesn't mean he hasn't been creative. We don't know.

From 2009:

When's next album?

Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates.

How much material is there?

Not as much as Baz [Sebastian Bach] thinks he heard! Really, it doesn't matter. If things go well enough, we'd like to get another out at some point in our lifetimes.

Is anything finished?

Depends how you look at it.

How do you look at it?

Not something we've focused on.

You're not saying much.

You got that? What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track.

2 hours ago, default_ said:

He might be interested in all that shit but the truth is that Axl cant writte a song to save his own ass these days. I strongly believe all this trilogy talk was pure bulshit and all the songs from Chinese Democracy were written by other people. He owns the name and would pay their salary, a huge salary in exchange for songwritting credits. Easy. 

That is a cute theory, but the evidence you have is smaller than GNR's album release count in the past 20 years

11 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Agreed. It's also pointless to make a comparison based on an assumption.

So on the off-chance, the slightest possibility, that Rose may have written/recorded songs and chucked them in the vault, we have to deem those unheard of, hypothetical, songs ''more progressive'' than something materially tangible, namely a released album one can buy in the shops?

You people will do mental cartwheels to defend Rose haha! 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

So on the off-chance, the slightest possibility, that Rose may have written/recorded songs and chucked them in the vault, we have to deem those unheard of, hypothetical, songs ''more progressive'' than something materially tangible, namely a released album one can buy in the shops?

You people will do mental cartwheels to defend Rose haha! 

Oh no, I was merely calling you out on your comment that Rose has been less creative than Adler because the latter released a couple of more albums than Rose in the last twenty years, and that's a bit silly to assume, even for you.

• Like 1

Just now, EvanG said:

Oh no, I was merely calling you out on your comment that Rose has been less creative than Adler because the latter released a couple of more albums than Rose in the last twenty years, and that's a bit silly to assume, even for you.

I repeat, we can only go off what is sent out to us. What has been sent out since 2008 has been a vacuum. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

What has been sent out since 2008 has been a vacuum. 

True, no one denies that, it's a fact. But that doesn't mean Rose has been less creative than Adler just because he released less music. That's all I'm saying.

Just now, EvanG said:

True, no one denies that, it's a fact. But that doesn't mean Rose has been less creative than Adler just because he released less music. That's all I'm saying.

It is no good to us though if he has been creative. We can only interpret careers on tangible output.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is no good to us though if he has been creative. We can only interpret careers on tangible output.

Yes, and it's a complete joke, that guy wasted so many years when it comes down to sharing his music with the world. It's crazy.

But that doesn't mean he has not been creative. When Frusciante left the RHCP for the second time he didn't want to be part of a ''product'' for some time, so he decided not to release music for a long period. Doesn't mean he wasn't being creative, in fact all he did was write music and record it in his studio, he just didn't want to release it at the time. I don't know what Axl's deal has been these last three decades, maybe he hasn't been creative at all, but my point is that we can't know what he's been doing all these years when it comes down to being creative.

Edited by EvanG

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

One thing that surprised me about that album is its lack of progression. It is basically a bunch of ballads and rock songs with bleeps on top. I suppose by adding bleeps Rose thought he was adding a layer of modernity and sophistication? 

Point me in the direction of another album like Chinese. Show me how this had all been done before.

So your stance is that each guns album are carbon copies of each other and sound much alike. That's what your saying in essence. 

Btw the "bleeps" I think your talking about are tapping from bucket. This wasn't programed MIDI like I think your trying to imply. But go ahead use those ears of yours. 

Edited by Order of Nine
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, killuridols said:

"I'll kick your ass like I said that I would" is surely progression and evolution!! 🙄

It is cock rock. It is revamped "Get In The Ring", ffs :facepalm:

Oh yeah, CD is just loaded with 80s cock rock. You've got some great ears as well. Which 80s cock rock release is this comparable too please let me in on this big secret?

• Like 2