Ep. 71 - Copyright Democracy (feat. Ms. Metal & FransNRoses)

10 hours ago, The Matinator said:

This situation makes me so frustrated, I just had to explain it to my GF who's not a GNR fan at all and it was an ordeal haha. 

There's no one thing about this situation that's worse than the others but what guts me the most is how it's destroyed the downloads section of this forum, I've been using this site since I was 16 and the downloads section was like the holy Grail for me when I discovered it. Now we gotta ask for old live bootlegs like they're a leak of Atlas Shrugged.

Haha, I've had to do the same thing. I've found myself explaining how ridiculous this is to people who have little to no interest in GNR lol. 

Couldn't agree more on your second point btw. It's just insane to me that because of a couple people, the rest us can't just enjoy things we've been enjoying for 5, 10, 15, 20 years. 

• Like 3

I'm not a big GnR channel per se. I don't even have any rare stuff, but yesterday my Ritz '88 video (which was just shy of 900K views) was manually detected and taken down - giving me a copyright strike at the same time.

No info. Nothing. It just came out of the blue. I've never had this issue with content from other bands (I've even had representatives contacting me before submitting copyright claims).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

here's a link to FERNOMENOYDE account. @fernomenoyde

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7oswxRKfiSYWbd4XQOay5w

he put a lot of time, effort and pride in to that. all for nothing. he was one of the few people that could get axl on a bad day and make it sound 10x better. he was doing the band a favour if anything.

its unreal what is going on, especially when its being done by someone that has been leaking/sharing illegally obtained demos.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

whoever is behind this is a lunatic. It seems to me that those on this forum with YouTube channels are the primary targets 😡

Those that have their accounts terminated, can't you find out who reported? 

@Setzer, your '88 Ritz show was removed and you got a strike? That's been on YouTube for how many years? Why is all this happening now?

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Maybe they bitter they are shunned from every major board and instead are contained to an inactive site

This.

The key here is the rage they hold inside. None of us cant do much about it. But I know by experience that people like this, at some point, get what they deserve.

It's not get what they deserve.  I figure they are living a life they don't enjoy.  That's hell enough.  But on the other hand, you can make the best of it and try to find some happiness or continue to make yourself miserable and pile more shit on your plate.

• Like 1

One thing is to be miserable and have problems in your life, we all have them. But different is to be mean to others and make their lives miserable, just because you have problems.

The componet of malice is not always present in people with problems. So yeah, when you act with malice and go through life damaging people, at some point, you will eventually get what you deserve for being that way.

I feel no sorry for people like that.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kwick1 said:

Those that have their accounts terminated, can't you find out who reported? 

@Setzer, your '88 Ritz show was removed and you got a strike? That's been on YouTube for how many years? Why is all this happening now?

It's been up for at least 2 years. And there's no way to tell who flagged it. It only says it was "manually detected".
I "only" got 1 strike, so lucky me that my channel is still up. I don't even care about the views - plus I still have the concert on my hard drive if I ever feel like watching it. But 900K views tells you that a lot of people don't have it on their computer, or a DVD. YouTube is where they find it, because that's the easiest place for finding it.
That's what's bugging me. Stuff is removed so even casual fans can't access it, and there is no communication from the people removing stuff. It's pulled away from under your feet.

So far, I still have my channel and my other videos. I don't care about the video itself. It's the lack of communication.

Edited by Setzer
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Setzer said:

It's been up for at least 2 years. And there's no way to tell who flagged it. It only says it was "manually detected".
I "only" got 1 strike, so lucky me that my channel is still up. I don't even care about the views - plus I still have the concert on my hard drive if I ever feel like watching it. But 900K views tells you that a lot of people don't have it on their computer, or a DVD. YouTube is where they find it, because that's the easiest place for finding it.
That's what's bugging me. Stuff is removed so even casual fans can't access it, and there is no communication from the people removing stuff. It's pulled away from under your feet.

So far, I still have my channel and my other videos. I don't care about the video itself. It's the lack of communication.

strange. Gibbo i think it was posted a screenshot of his YT channel a month or 2 back that shown Uzisuicidal LLC as the one that reported him. i wonder why you cant see anything like that

1 minute ago, donny said:

strange. Gibbo i think it was posted a screenshot of his YT channel a month or 2 back that shown Uzisuicidal LLC as the one that reported him. i wonder why you cant see anything like that

Oh that. IFPI

Spoiler

Ej5ji93.jpg

37 minutes ago, cineater said:

It's not get what they deserve.  I figure they are living a life they don't enjoy.  That's hell enough.  But on the other hand, you can make the best of it and try to find some happiness or continue to make yourself miserable and pile more shit on your plate.

If life isnt good for them just pull the trigger what is not right is what they are doing with everybody, lots of ppl spend many hours of hard working editing/uploading/etc for a NOBODY come and fuck everybody's up, and even worst is the ppl who still on their forums and come here to defend those lunatics!

Edited by imsorry
  • Like 1

Any one can do it through third party sites such as this...

http://www.takedownpiracy.com/

and anyone can draft phony legal notices, that look legit. As a fan you get a realistic letter,  If you were not aware of the issues here, would you fight it?  That is what these people are counting on... Its a sucker punch.

You tube removes it, doesn't look at the content.  It is too easy to do this if you have a "grudge" and these platforms need to take a look at what they are removing. They don't.

Too many people know about UZI Suicidal LLC now.. it is no longer effective.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, metalms said:

Any one can do it through third party sites such as this...

http://www.takedownpiracy.com/

and anyone can draft phony legal notices, that look legit. As a fan you get a realistic letter,  If you were not aware of the issues here, would you fight it?  That is what these people are counting on... Its a sucker punch.

You tube removes it, doesn't look at the content.  It is too easy to do this if you have a "grudge" and these platforms need to take a look at what they are removing. They don't.

Too many people know about UZI Suicidal LLC now.. it is no longer effective.  

is takedown piracy still active it seems like they haven't updated their social media in quite a while. 

Is there a contact email for claims at YouTube we could maybe start a fan siege on?  Meaning, if about a thousand of us sent a notice of possible false claims by a third party on fan GNR channels they might make it more of a priority to check those claims.  I know the upfront process is automated, but it would seem someone eventually the buck has to stop on someone's desk at YouTube.

46 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

Same for me, and sending emails to the provided adress resulted in no answer

Funny thing about that " Notices@ifpi.org " e-mail... It looks fake. All the contact links on IFPI's actual website, contain an electronic formula for you to fill out. Not some generic e-mail adress that people can write to.

This whole topic is such a downer.  Amazing content that was available for years and in some cases over a decade that I admittedly took for granted is now gone.  I do not understand why anyone would want to do this.  I sincerely hope there is another platform for this content that will be made available soon.  I do not donate to Patreon, but if some one would create a GNR archive that contains content from all these great YouTube channels that we could all access I would gladly cough up a dollar or two a month to help out.  

• Like 2