Ep. 71 - Copyright Democracy (feat. Ms. Metal & FransNRoses)

18 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

No he doesn't. I've received many private msgs about his/her/its behavior on the forums over the years. "Mofo" thinks I stalk, but bringing him up hit a nerve, so people just give me information about this person and surrounding characters. All lies according to him, obviously.

Some of our fellow fans have been able to obtain IP addresses, home, phone #, etc. Now that's a bit extreme as I don't want anyone in physical harm, but given his behavior, you're asking for retaliation. His "name" (despite being a fake one anyway) isn't mentioned here because the history of harassment. 

However I am not done calling attention to the larger issue. The feedback from this copyright episode has blown me away, how many of you are effected. With "Alfred," I was shown a video where he says, "Beta and her stupid fucking children, I hate them." It's sick. I'm an advocate of mental health, and clearly it's needed there. "Mofo" is cut from the same cloth. To obsess over a band you are not in, to attack and berate other fans? So hopefully they get the therapy they need, but what I can do is continue to give a voice to those harassed. So if you have a similar story to the ones discussed on this thread, let me know.

And since it's obvious the trolls monitor this...

Mofo, I gave you 2 chances to speak privately before going public. You brought this on yourself. After all the years of your behavior, I'm surprised you and your cult haven't been outed and shutdown earlier. And stop harping on the fun story I spoke about Axl MAYBE being late for a show because of TMNT 2. To obsess over that? You don't deserve a forum.

Alfred, get help. Seriously. 

Good to see there's someone I agree completely with - there's no point in reacting to someone being a cunt by slandering them or harassing them. 

Really looking forward to potential future podcasts on this matter! 

Also, as a sidenote, I partially agree with the user who mentioned (in the thread about ep. 74) that you put an end to a few tangents Russ and Rick went on.

In general it's obviously the right thing to do, so as to not take the discussion away from the subject matter. But I feel that some of the subjects, which were being brought up, were really interesting. 

Is there any plan for who any future episodes might have as guests? 

Keep the good work up! 

Edited by Waemoth
Thought this was the ep. 74 thread
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

No he doesn't. I've received many private msgs about his/her/its behavior on the forums over the years. "Mofo" thinks I stalk, but bringing him up hit a nerve, so people just give me information about this person and surrounding characters. All lies according to him, obviously. 

However I am not done calling attention to the larger issue. The feedback from this copyright episode has blown me away, how many of you are effected. With "Alfred," I was shown a video where he says, "Beta and her stupid fucking children, I hate them." It's sick. I'm an advocate of mental health, and clearly it's needed there. 

Alfred, get help. Seriously. 

mofo=him not her ?

i think i know who shown you that video. i saved several Alfred videos which show clear mental health issues. let me know if you want copies of them all.

3 minutes ago, It’s So Easy said:

I saw him (him, his friends, one of his many personalities, I don’t know how to refer to it anymore) defending himself like a damsel in distress in a fan group on facebook. Asking for apologies and all. 

How do you apologize to an avatar? ;)

1 minute ago, Waemoth said:

Good to see there's someone I agree completely with - there's no point in reacting to someone being a cunt by slandering them or harassing them. 

Really looking forward to potential future podcasts on this matter! 

Also, as a sidenote, I partially agree with the user who mentioned that you put an end to a few tangents Russ and Rick went on.

In general it's obviously the right thing to do, so as to not take the discussion away from the subject matter. But I feel that some of the subjects, which were being brought up, were really interesting. 

Is there any plan for who any future episodes might have as guests? 

Keep the good work up! 

I admit I do have an interrupting problem (I'm excitable), but I may have cut them off because I saw the episode going long. Usually I have a reason for doing so. Or perhaps I just have Tourette's. 

I very much want to continue this topic. Whether it's these trolls, the label, the band, a combination...I'm sorry, but fans deserve an answer. GNR and these fan sites wouldn't exist without their fans. It may be an answer we don't like, but silently attack the creative work of your loyal fans? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, donny said:

mofo=him not her ?

i think i know who shown you that video. i saved several Alfred videos which show clear mental health issues. let me know if you want copies of them all.

There are rumors it's a "her." But this just continues to make me wonder why anyone would join a group basically run by an unknown? Surely not the content. Unless you enjoy shitty Microsoft Paint memes.

• Like 1

Off the top of my head, here are things that are got nuked:
Cool fan shot video of UYIs midnight release in Duluth, Wisconsin

GN'R in Greece '93 MTV documentary (3 parts)
Ritz '91 Pro Shot (Incomplete)

"Axl's Advance Copy" UYI demos
Mates Rehearsal '89

Makin' Fkin Videos

Yesterdays first ever live performance in Jan '88 

Cool fan shot videos of GN'R opening for the Stones in '89 (two separate videos/shows)

There's hundreds of things but those are just off the top of my head.

Edited by Fashionista
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

Off the top of my head, here are things that are got nuked:
Cool fan shot video of UYIs midnight release in Duluth, Wisconsin

GN'R in Greece '93 MTV documentary (3 parts)
Ritz '91 Pro Shot (Incomplete)

"Axl's Advance Copy" UYI demos
Mates Rehearsal '89

Makin' Fkin Videos

Yesterdays first ever live performance in Jan '88 

Cool fan shot videos of GN'R opening for the Stones in '89 (two separate videos/shows)

There's hundreds of things but those are just off the top of my head.

tip of the iceberg that is mate. the list of what is still up would be easier.

a forum run by a friend of the band and the bands manager which openly allows youtube links and a download section is ok.

an unreleased version of a song is still up on Alfreds yt channel.

a shitload of unreleased songs leaked by Alfred are still up in various parts of the internet.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

Mofo, I gave you 2 chances to speak privately before going public. You brought this on yourself. After all the years of your behavior, I'm surprised you and your cult haven't been outed and shutdown earlier. And stop harping on the fun story I spoke about Axl MAYBE being late for a show because of TMNT 2. To obsess over that? You don't deserve a forum.

he will not speak publicly, he's an autistic jerk with speech impairment, living lonely in a trailer park. he's probably scared of going public and people realising he's just a miserable, mentally disabled idiot.

Edited by zombux
  • Like 1

Just now, zombux said:

he will not speak publicly, he's an autistic jerk with speech impairment, living lonely in a trailer park. he's probably scared of going public and people realising he's just a miserable, mentally disabled idiot.

If he truly has a social disorder, I hope he is getting help. I have a physical disability (nerve), so I empathize. I try not to be a jerk because of it :)  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RageKage said:

What's even sadder is that the nightrain forum is giving "humans" like mofo a place to stay.

don't even get me started with that forum we cant say the name...I've deleted my account there couple weeks before the leaks. That place seems like a slum, the den of "ziz is not gunzerozis, ziz iz axl with friends, n ziz suckz".

Edited by NeonKinight
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

don't even get me started with Gunsnfnroses...I've deleted my account there couple weeks before the leaks. That place seems like a slum, the den of "ziz is not gunzerozis, ziz iz axl with friends, n ziz suckz".

Well that forum is a story for itself. It's like a mental institution went digital

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, metalms said:

Someone in the"enemy" camp has a RIAA account and either knows someone at UMG, works there or stole info to get an account.  A person (s) who is as unstable as this should not be trusted with this sort of power.

by "distillation and composition" of the recent and less recent events, it indeed seems almost certain that "Alfreds" are doing all this shit with more or less silent blessing of either the band, the management, the label or all of those. which is both a major fuckup, considering how "sane" the guy seems to be, and even bigger fuckup, realising that the band/management/label/whoever is trying hard to hunt down their own fans - hard to say if the motivation is just money, or some kind of twisted "revenge" of mentally ill individuals. the latter can be of course easily explained, and as you pointed out, it's far beyond the point of harrasment and cyberbullying. the former could then be easily explained by the state of the band (or "brand") - they don't need any fanbase at this point as they can easily earn billions by selling 30 years old stuff packed in plastic junk to the casuals for thousands of dollars as "new releases".

I guess the truth might be somewhere between. the mental probably got a lukewarm "okay" for his internet "crusade" against everything, and if "they" (whoever competent it is) realised that he got out of control, they probably didn't care anymore, because hunting down fans doesn't mean any direct harm for the sales. so at this point, the fanbase is fucked from all sides - mentals probably have or at least think they have official approve to spread fury against everything they can (I know that because I got strikes for empty folders and folders containing empty decoys instead of any data), and from the other side there's a pressure of management, label or both of those, who are only interested in money. both probably decided to wipe out any fan attempts to share stuff and their ultimate goal is probably to only offer "official" stuff and of course milk the cow as much as possible.

we know already for some time that the management (hello, Beta!) is monitoring this place very closely, at least since the Saskatoon release. so did they unleash the assclowns onto us? yes, probably, either openly or at least they know about them very well. and indeed, as @metalms pointed out, I've been warned that the takedowns are either directly orchestrated by the officials, or at least they happen with their full backing. so this is just another small evidence, that this recent crap is not just a rogue crusader who stopped taking his psycho pills and has his mind upside down, but all this suppression of fans is more or less organized by some of the "competent".

do I think that the band itself is involved in this idiocy? to be honest, I don't know. I tend to think that they don't really care and all this shit is being done by others, or on their behalf - legitimate or not. so at this point don't really blame the band, let me put that straight.

what makes me both sad and laughing is, that if we're really being hunted by official organisations, they should at least let us know, and not just let the fanbase being harrassed and screwed by some untreated mental patient. I'm afraid that this state only means one thing - the sharing community of unofficial stuff now has to go underground and to places out of reach of some misguided lunatic, who wants his revenge to the whole world, because he's ugly and dumb. so it's really really hard to feel comfortable expressing any fandom to a "band" (and as I explained above, not the musicians themselves in this particular meaning), that's treating the fans like shit, hurling mentally disabled people onto them and trying to destroy their passion for the band with any means they find, while acting like everything is fine. 

and why am I also smiling instead of just being sad? well, because it's just not possible to stop sharing music-related media (of any kind), it always finds a better way. and while I and others were already intimidated and threatened, a thousand others will just do that instead and better. so... from now on, let me be just a fence sitter now and let me watch the show :) 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, donny said:

"Beta and her stupid fucking children, i fucking hate them" 

Alfred.

Does TB know about this?

Going by the theory that they are behind the strikes or that they tolerate them because it's convenient for them, how would they accept this "job" to be done by someone who talks about them like that?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

I asked him to intervene months ago with the Saskatoon situation and he did nothing

Maybe he can do another bullshit Q&A where he acts high and mighty - that seems to be all he's interested in doing

He is busy posting insta storys of his kids or his stupid food.