Where are you Axl Rose?

cineater

On 8/5/2018 at 12:36 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I honestly don't know why anyone thinks an Axl/DC album would have any effect on a GNR album being released. Even if Axl isn't doing an album and tour with Angus, we're not getting a new GNR album any time soon. So as I see it, over the next few years we can have Axl giving 110% with Angus, or we can have complete silence and maybe a blurry picture or 2.

AC/DC is definitely not delaying a GNR album. The only person delaying a GNR album, seems to have more interest in AC/DC anyway. :axl:

So it wouldn't have anything to do with Slash's prior commitment to his band right?

You're right that we won't be getting an album from GnR likely this year or maybe even next. Slash is releasing and touring the album he started before this reunion and Axl is gonna work with AC/DC.

I think it's great how supportive they've been of each other through it all.

I believe Axl will be a part of the next AC/DC album. I don't care what the speculation has pointed to about Brian from their forum.

Nothing we have heard or saw leading up to this have learned in any way to Brian being back on vocals full time and Axl not doing this.

I'd believe that Brian could be on the album and possibly do a few songs but his touring issues with hearing haven't changed enough.

This is why it's a perfect time for Slash to do his album and tour it as well.

Phil Rudd has been making nice comments for a while now about Axl which clearly shows his intentions to be back in the fold. Not surprising he is rumored to be a part of this.

4 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

So it wouldn't have anything to do with Slash's prior commitment to his band right?

GNR and AC/DC are both much, much bigger beasts than Slash's solo band. I really don't think he'd be going to do his album and tour with Myles unless he knew Axl was gonna be busy for the next couple years as well. And I don't believe for one second that he'd prefer to do his own album and tour over a new GNR album and tour, so I wouldn't say Slash is the one delaying a GNR album, if that's what you mean.

21 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Very happy for Brian and hardcore ACDC fans if he is back

Fine. If they are happy with tuned down songs and short setlists :shrugs:

PS: There is still the chance for Axl to tour with them

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

Just now, jamillos said:

GOOD.

Why? You think we will hear new GNR music? Haha...this was the best chance to hear Axl in new songs....that is my biggest dissapointment....but I can understand having Brian back. I hope everything goes well with them. 

And for Axl touring with them...I don't think so. Fans will not love having Brian back and see Axl on tour.

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Why? You think we will hear new GNR music? Haha...this was the best chance to hear Axl in new songs....that is my biggest dissapointment....but I can understand having Brian back. I hope everything goes well with them. 

And for Axl touring with them...I don't think so. Fans will not love having Brian back and see Axl on tour.

I am solely speaking from the point of view that I would rather see Axl devote his time to – and save his vocal chords for – his own band.

• Like 3

Just now, Georgina Arriaga said:

Those hardcare fans are just the minority within the fan base.

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

GNR and AC/DC are both much, much bigger beasts than Slash's solo band. I really don't think he'd be going to do his album and tour with Myles unless he knew Axl was gonna be busy for the next couple years as well. And I don't believe for one second that he'd prefer to do his own album and tour over a new GNR album and tour, so I wouldn't say Slash is the one delaying a GNR album, if that's what you mean.

My point is it's a well known fact and even said by Slash himself this Album was already in the works before the reunion.

It doesn't matter which band is bigger. How would his bandmates and others feel if Slash turned his back on them.

Slash has talked about how hard they worked and he worked to get this band and all this going.

Those guys put the album on hold and waited several years for him to be able to do GnR and finish what they started. Was Slash supposed to just give them all the middle finger? How respectful would that be?

As fans we have to understand that many of the members have moved on in the decades and formed loyalties to people. GnR may be bigger but I feel they want to do both.

Axl has kept certain members like Fortus who has been there for a long time and Ferrer around.  Loyalty goes both ways you see.

Slash is honoring his loyalty to his band as well as he should.

He can do both and will. 

People have this grand idea that because GnR is bigger that Slash should just say f**k you to the whole SMKC thing. If he can do both why shouldn't he? Those guys have waited a couple years now for this album. Would it be right for him to say sorry guys GnR is bigger? Why would he throw his hard work away? As fans we need to understand that.

Slash said he intended to come back and do the album and tour whenever he could and he is.

Who cares if it's the perfect time for Axl to now do AC/DC as Slash is fulfilling his prior obligations?

They likely decide that with Slash needing to finish his album and tour it Axl and others would have time to pursue things they may want as well.

My post was in response to a poster that basically said Axl is why Slash is doing the album and or no GnR album right now. Which is what you ended up quoting.

How is it always Axl's fault when Slash had the prior plans and intended to fulfill them. He said it himself it was always planned for him to do this? His recent interview mentions this stuff even.

How can people twist it and say he wouldn't do it if Axl wasn't gonna be busy. So if Axl was free for the next 10 years do you really believe Slash would just leave MKC to the wayside when those guys was coming to shows constant communication and they worked around his GnR schedule from day 1?

I'd wager a break would have eventually happened and he would have used that time no matter if Axl did or does ACDC.

Edit 

Now that I've seen the Brian pic it seems Axl thus far isn't doing anything. Slash is still going to do his album and tour and GnR will go on hold.

Also it's not hard for me to imagine Brian recording some songs that will go on an album and Axl recording a few as well.

Can Brian tour? Can Phil with his court stipulations?

Edited by BOSSY78
Added
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Well...thank you.

Not Axl/DC then.

I hope everything goes well with AC/DC

This is not a big project. Probably not a full album but more likely a couple of new songs and hopefully a few concerts. Those who are now hoping for a massive world tour will be very dissapointed.

The Vancouver Project will not interfere with whatever future plans Axl and Angus has.

And Angus also did the right thing by bringing in the original line-up one last time. It`s right both for the other members and the fans.

Lol some of you are ridicolous. 

If GNR ever sacked Axl because of his piss poor vocals for a "technically better singer" wed all be up in arms. 

Would I like an All/DC album? Sure I would, but I'd rather habe a GNR album and for Brian to finish his career with his own band.

For the record, I still dont think a GNR album will happen. I'm both disappointed and happy to swe Brian MAY be back.

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

Axl and Angus aren't over by a long shot. I respect Angus for bringing in Phil and Brian but as I said above can they tour?

Will they risk Brian's hearing that way? Would Phil's court stipulations prevent travel?

All on the next episode of Axl does DC

23 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

People have this grand idea that because GnR is bigger that Slash should just say f**k you to the whole SMKC thing. If he can do both why shouldn't he? Those guys have waited a couple years now for this album. Would it be right for him to say sorry guys GnR is bigger? Why would he throw his hard work away? As fans we need to understand that.

My heart bleeds. GNR fans have waited 27 years for a follow up to UYI.

Enough time has been wasted. No Slash fan can honestly say that any of his vanity projects with Myles-Dying-Cat-Kennedy are a patch on his albums with Guns N Roses, so why is he wasting more time on SMKC?

I suspect it's ego and not wanting to let go of having a creative outlet where he calls all the shots. He knows a potential new Guns album would be a far more collaborative affair and he is used to being the one who makes all the important creative decisions in his bands. All of Slash's vocalists post-Guns have been yes-men, aside from perhaps Scott, and even then, I think Scott was probably in awe of him. It's been a long LONG time since Slash has worked with somebody on an equal footing in terms of creative control. My guess is, the reason Slash is in no hurry to record new Guns work is because he doesn't like the idea of having to surrender control. And it's probably the same for Axl too.

These guys are control freaks - that's why they couldn't find a middle ground creatively in the mid-90s. And since then, they've had two decades of doing everything their own way.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Haha...I stay here because hearing about Myles and SMKC gave me headaches...and here we are talking about them.....;)

I tend to agree...if Axl would have been open to record new GNR music, Slash in a heartbeat would have SMKC at a side.

Speaking again about AC/DC.....it looks like the hearing aid helps Brian a lot, I hope he can tour without exposing himself too much.

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

18 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

Axl and Angus aren't over by a long shot. I respect Angus for bringing in Phil and Brian but as I said above can they tour?

Will they risk Brian's hearing that way? Would Phil's court stipulations prevent travel?

All on the next episode of Axl does DC

This is exactly what I`ve meant too. What happening in Vancouver now is not the beginning of a new album and a 2 year long world tour.

Maybe but just maybe a few last concerts here and there with Brian.

Brian deserves to sing a few last shows (if he want it) and his fans deserves to see him one last time.

• Like 2