What song made you want to play guitar?

I think it was just Appetite in general for me, my mother is a big rock fan so i was exposed to Hendrix, Zeppelin, Cream etc from a very young age but something about the guitars on that album made me actually want to pick up the instrument. I think the fact Slash and Izzy had fused punk and a little metal..which i hadn't really been exposed to yet..with the more classic rock style is what intrigued me.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NeonKinight said:

Robin Finck's Solo for There Was A Time.

Yep, that's strange.

But the first full song i've learned was Electric Funeral 

I struggled with Robin's solo when I learned it. Electric Funeral is a cool song too. It's so simple yet so fun to play

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I struggled with Robin's solo when I learned it. Electric Funeral is a cool song too. It's so simple yet so fun to play

It's a demonstration of how good and complicated the ol' pentatonic can be. 
Electric Funeral was the song that made me realize that wasn't impossible to play a song in it's entirety. Back in the days, i had no support whatsoever, whether from my family or myself, so everything was very difficult.
But nowadays, if I were learning my first song, I think i'd play "forever my queen" by pentagram. You can learn that in 15 mins...

• GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...