Rough Mixes CD #1 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

There's some very amateur sounding lead guitar stuff on the Rough MIxes CD #1 versions of TWAT and Madagascar...

¿Has anyone else though about who could it be? My guess is either Paul Tobias or Axl himself, since Axl even played some pieces of Madagascar in RIR 2001 and is listed with "Guitar" credits on the CD booklet too for both of those songs.

18 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

There's some very amateur sounding lead guitar stuff on the Rough MIxes CD #1 versions of TWAT and Madagascar...

¿Has anyone else though about who could it be? My guess is either Paul Tobias or Axl himself, since Axl even played some pieces of Madagascar in RIR 2001 and is listed with "Guitar" credits on the CD booklet too for both of those songs.

I don’t recall the lead guitar work from those demos but was recently thinking about the odds of Axl’s guitar on the other demos.

it was probably Sebastian Bach or an ex-member who described Axl’s rhythm guitar tone, in a very gnarly way— Made me wonder if he’s playing on State of Grace, Dummy or others 

41 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

I’m positive it’s Axl on both. Because of what you said and how he said - that his guitar part in TWAT was kinda buried in the mix, but that was like a lead that he wrote. It seems like those were only Axls idea of what he wanted, that later got replaced by Bucket (and I guess Robin too Madagascar). 

10 hours ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Deffinately not Paul. He was a fine guitarist and certainly no amateur!

On 10/22/2023 at 6:10 PM, Voodoochild said:

I’m positive it’s Axl on both. Because of what you said and how he said - that his guitar part in TWAT was kinda buried in the mix, but that was like a lead that he wrote. It seems like those were only Axls idea of what he wanted, that later got replaced by Bucket (and I guess Robin too Madagascar). 

Now  I'm 100% positive too. Thanks!

• GNFNR 1

On 10/22/2023 at 5:51 PM, doakes said:

I don’t recall the lead guitar work from those demos but was recently thinking about the odds of Axl’s guitar on the other demos.

it was probably Sebastian Bach or an ex-member who described Axl’s rhythm guitar tone, in a very gnarly way— Made me wonder if he’s playing on State of Grace, Dummy or others 

Axl playing guitar on 'Maddy"live in Rio 2001, He wrote all the gtr parts, including lead gtr. I recorded him playing lots of awesome guitar parts back then, I don't think people know what an original and cool guitar player he really is,....those were fun times"

Quote from Chris Pitman. Cheers!