STAR WARS: Convoluted Cash- Cow Disney Adventure Series That Will Never End Thread

ZoSoRose

Another cool aspect of the leaks that I just realized is that,

when Rey dies, and Kylo uses his life force to resurrect her in his place, he’s basically allowing her to be “reborn” with his powers. In other words, she died a Palpatine, and was then reborn as a Skywalker. Hooray for Phoenix metaphors!

IDK??? It's been messed up so bad at this point, I dont think its salvageable. I've read all the leaks, but it just sounds more of... We dont know what we are doing. 

Disney's BIGGEST mistake was thinking they could do each movie as a self contained story of sorts, rather than one over arching story. I wish I could be excited about it, but TLJ killed it for me, and NOTHING short of retconning this trilogy can save it for me. I'll argue to the death that TPM and ATOC (as flawed as they are) are infinitely better than TLJ. At least they are SW movies, TLJ was more like a parady. It's more like an unfunny version of Space Balls than a SW film imo. Rise of Skywalker might end up being decent, but it wont be strong enough to undo TLJ. I could go on and on, but I'm sure some of you dont want to hear it because you are excited for it. I'll watch a spoiler review next week, but I'm not spending money on Disney Wars ever again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

IDK??? It's been messed up so bad at this point, I dont think its salvageable. I've read all the leaks, but it just sounds more of... We dont know what we are doing. 

Disney's BIGGEST mistake was thinking they could do each movie as a self contained story of sorts, rather than one over arching story. I wish I could be excited about it, but TLJ killed it for me, and NOTHING short of retconning this trilogy can save it for me. I'll argue to the death that TPM and ATOC (as flawed as they are) are infinitely better than TLJ. At least they are SW movies, TLJ was more like a parady. It's more like an unfunny version of Space Balls than a SW film imo. Rise of Skywalker might end up being decent, but it wont be strong enough to undo TLJ. I could go on and on, but I'm sure some of you dont want to hear it because you are excited for it. I'll watch a spoiler review next week, but I'm not spending money on Disney Wars ever again.

As excited as I am, I do agree with you on one point, which is that each of the films in this new trilogy have felt like their own little self-contained epilogues of the original trilogy, rather than a connected trilogy in their own right. Idk if that’s necessarily a bad thing or not... but it’s definitely noticeable, yeah.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • GNFNR 1

Finally got around to rewatching Solo. Now that I’ve had a chance to rewatch all the movies before TRoS, here’s my revised ranking (for now, at least):

GREAT

1.Star Wars (1977)

2.The Empire Strikes Back

FINE

3.Return of the Jedi

4.Solo

5.The Force Awakens

6.Revenge of the Sith

7.The Phantom Menace

8.Rogue One

9.The Last Jedi

BAD

10.Attack of the Clones

Looking forward to seeing how The Rise of Skywalker fits into all this!

46 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Finally got around to rewatching Solo. Now that I’ve had a chance to rewatch all the movies before TRoS, here’s my revised ranking (for now, at least):

GREAT

1.Star Wars (1977)

FINE

3.Return of the Jedi

4.Solo

5.The Force Awakens

6.Revenge of the Sith

7.The Phantom Menace

8.Rogue One

9.The Last Jedi

BAD

10.Attack of the Clones

You made a mistake, The Last Jedi is supposed to go under the BAD section. What a shitty movie that hopefully hasn’t ruined this new trilogy by the saving grace of the next movie.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

You made a mistake, The Last Jedi is supposed to go under the BAD section. What a shitty movie that hopefully hasn’t ruined this new trilogy by the saving grace of the next movie.

Opinions... We all got ‘em!

i define “bad” as something I wish didn’t exist. AotC is the only starwars movie (so far) that I feel that way about.

neither of us are right or wrong, tho. All just a matter of opinion!

feel free to share your own ranking, if you’d like. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It would take a genius of immense proportions to salvage this miserable trilogy from the disarray it now stands. 

I honestly feel like it’s best for them to treat this movie as a self-contained piece as much as possible. Even tho I didn’t hate TLJ, it didn’t really “lead” directly into a follow-up story, so they might as well try to make this one its own thing.

17 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

GREAT

1.Star Wars (1977)

FINE

3.Return of the Jedi

4.Solo

5.The Force Awakens

6.Revenge of the Sith

7.The Phantom Menace

8.Rogue One

9.The Last Jedi

BAD

10.Attack of the Clones

Here let me fix this for you

Great 

Episode 5

Episode 4

Good

Episode 6

Episode 3

The bad

Episode 1

Episode 2

These are the only Star Wars films, I'm not sure of these "other" films you all speak of. Last time I checked though, Luke turned Vader to the light side of the force, and the emperor was defeated. The chosen one ANAKIN fulfilled the prophecy described in the prequels. The rest of these "stories" you lot keep describing sound like some sort of awful fanfiction. 

1 minute ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Great 

Episode 5

Episode 4

Good

Episode 6

Episode 3

The bad

Episode 1

Episode 2

These are the only Star Wars films, I'm not sure of these "other" films you all speak of. Last time I checked though, Luke turned Vader to the light side of the force, and the emperor was defeated. The chosen one ANAKIN fulfilled the prophecy described in the prequels. The rest of these "stories" you lot keep describing sound like some sort of awful fanfiction. 

To each their own! In my headcanon, the prophecy applies to Anakin’s descendants (Luke, Leia, Kylo) just as much as it applies to Anakin himself. Believe it or not, I’ve thought of it that way ever since I first saw Phantom Menace when I was a kid, way back in the day. I wanted to feel like Luke was the hero in RotJ just as much as Anakin/Vader was. That mindset helps me enjoy the new trilogy too. But again, just my take on things.

26 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Great 

Episode 5

Episode 4

Good

Episode 6

Episode 3

The bad

Episode 1

Episode 2

Delete episodes 1-3 and you might have a list. The prequels were utter shite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Great 

Episode 5

Episode 4

Good

Episode 6

Episode 3

The bad

Episode 1

Episode 2

"Let me fix your opinion for you" 

You are more salty than crait my friend, people enjoy the sequel trilogy. 

Lmao

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Delete episodes 1-3 and you might have a list. The prequels were utter shite. 

He's one of those fans that has decided the prequels were good so that he can hate on the sequels even more. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

GREAT

1.Star Wars (1977)

FINE

3.Return of the Jedi

4.Solo

5.The Force Awakens

6.Revenge of the Sith

7.The Phantom Menace

8.Rogue One

9.The Last Jedi

BAD

10.Attack of the Clones

I would personally consider all the prequels bad but AOTC is definitely the worst one. I'd also probably put TLJ in great. I'd pretty much agree with the rest. I tried to watch solo and didn't get through it because I felt the acting was really awkward and it seemed pointless story wise. 

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Pretty damn stoked for Thursday night / Friday morning. There's so much strong hate for this online, but I plan on going in with an open mind. 

It's a very obnoxiously loud minority that is hating tbh. A lot of people are excited. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

It's a very obnoxiously loud minority that is hating tbh. A lot of people are excited. 

I really enjoyed TFA and thought that TLJ was awful. I wasn't even going to bother with this for a long time but the new trailers have me quite excited. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Same! I like to give each installment the benefit of the doubt. Let the kid in me take over for two hours!

That's how I've been with each of the films. TLJ is the only I truly didn't have a good time watching as it was happening. I enjoyed all of the rest of them during the first viewing. It was other people that ruined them for me later haha

18 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Yeah, that's the impression that I was getting from what I was reading.