Infectious Groove Podcast - New Episode Every Monday

RussTCB

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I know, right?? I did my best to just work around that! 

I loved the episode and I honestly get a massive kick out of Michelle. HIStory Continues has a lower rating than what she gave the My Chemical Romance album! Ha! That's the beauty of music, I love hearing everyone's differing opinions and that is what music is all about!

I was going to post this in the Jackson thread but I'll drop it here. I really see where @lilacmess is coming from in regards to You Are Not Alone, but everytime I've heard that song, I always thought of it like Jackson singing it to himself in the midst of everything that was going on in his life at that time and taking comfort from it's content and relating to it, despite it not being written by him.

The only issue I have with the record is the cover of Come Together. It suffers from 80's production with that horrible drum sound and just seems out of place, but other than that, it's the Michael Jackson album I'm most likely to throw on whenever wanting to listen to his work, and that is only as a result of you guys educating me that it wasn't just a compilation album, It was much much more than that!!

Off topic here, slightly, but is there any updates on that response documentary that Jackson's nephew was working on? Pretty sure I follow the guy doing the filming/constructing interviews on Twitter, and the last I heard he was over this neck of the woods compiling more footage.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Dean said:

I loved the episode and I honestly get a massive kick out of Michelle. HIStory Continues has a lower rating than what she gave the My Chemical Romance album! Ha! That's the beauty of music, I love hearing everyone's differing opinions and that is what music is all about!

I was going to post this in the Jackson thread but I'll drop it here. I really see where @lilacmess is coming from in regards to You Are Not Alone, but everytime I've heard that song, I always thought of it like Jackson singing it to himself in the midst of everything that was going on in his life at that time and taking comfort from it's content and relating to it, despite it not being written by him.

The only issue I have with the record is the cover of Come Together. It suffers from 80's production with that horrible drum sound and just seems out of place, but other than that, it's the Michael Jackson album I'm most likely to throw on whenever wanting to listen to his work, and that is only as a result of you guys educating me that it wasn't just a compilation album, It was much much more than that!!

Off topic here, slightly, but is there any updates on that response documentary that Jackson's nephew was working on? Pretty sure I follow the guy doing the filming/constructing interviews on Twitter, and the last I heard he was over this neck of the woods compiling more footage.

Thanks (as always) for the feedback! Regarding Taj Jacksons doc, opinions are all over the map. 

He says it's coming. I contributed to it years ago and I believe he wants to do it well. Many fans doubt he'll get it done and what the quality will be if so. My thing with it is that I contributed and I hope it happens, but we'll have to wait and see. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Thanks (as always) for the feedback! Regarding Taj Jacksons doc, opinions are all over the map. 

He says it's coming. I contributed to it years ago and I believe he wants to do it well. Many fans doubt he'll get it done and what the quality will be if so. My thing with it is that I contributed and I hope it happens, but we'll have to wait and see. 

Is this the same thing?

https://twitter.com/jin_chohan?s=20

https://www.gofundme.com/f/themjstorydoc

I always just assumed it was one and the same. I hope whatever happens is very well put together and is streamed via one of the big platforms, it's their only hope of getting close to the attention that the fabricated HBO documentary received.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Is this the same thing?

https://twitter.com/jin_chohan?s=20

https://www.gofundme.com/f/themjstorydoc

I always just assumed it was one and the same. I hope whatever happens is very well put together and is streamed via one of the big platforms, it's their only hope of getting close to the attention that the fabricated HBO documentary received.

No, those are two different projects. I do plan to have Jin (the director of Trial By Media) on at some point though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Bought the ice t - original gangster record yesterday after watching your recommendation on one of your vids. Great album

Oh right on. Thanks for watching and I'm glad you dig the album. I think it's a seriously hidden gem in the rap world. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really consume much Rap music so I don't actually think I've heard any of Kanye's songs off the top of my head - collaborations I have, Four Five Seconds etc etc, but I believe I recall the marketing strategy that he did for this album as it made a lot of noise at the time. That might sound daft that I can't think of any Kanye songs, but I don't really expose myself to be able to consume a lot of modern music as the radio is never on in the car etc, though I'm sure a few will sound familiar from hearing them in clubs and what not. Really good episode though and I'll see how my thoughts on it compare to you guys, though probably won't be as favourable! Ha!

Gil Scott-Heron's old man was the first black player to play for Glasgow Celtic (my team) in the early 50's. Whenever I see his name mentioned, I always have to bring that up!! Ha!

5 hours ago, Dean said:

I don't really consume much Rap music so I don't actually think I've heard any of Kanye's songs off the top of my head - collaborations I have, Four Five Seconds etc etc, but I believe I recall the marketing strategy that he did for this album as it made a lot of noise at the time. That might sound daft that I can't think of any Kanye songs, but I don't really expose myself to be able to consume a lot of modern music as the radio is never on in the car etc, though I'm sure a few will sound familiar from hearing them in clubs and what not. Really good episode though and I'll see how my thoughts on it compare to you guys, though probably won't be as favourable! Ha!

Gil Scott-Heron's old man was the first black player to play for Glasgow Celtic (my team) in the early 50's. Whenever I see his name mentioned, I always have to bring that up!! Ha!

Thanks for listening and the feedback as always brother. I get what you mean about not listening to Kanye directly. I somehow went 12 years without hearing this album until Kyle picked it for review lol. 

I liked it but didn't love it, as you heard. I really appreciate the feedback though. We'll include it in an upcoming episode for sure :)

• GNFNR 1

On 3/7/2022 at 12:28 PM, RussTCB said:

Part 2 is here :)

I never managed to get through all of Episode 1 last week, so finished the remainder of it this morning and now onto episode 2 and I have never went from laughing to having a near stroke from you knowing I'm from across the pond with the use of the word 'daft', to you pronouncing a hard C for Celtic (Think of the Boston Celtics and Tom Sellick!) :lol::lol::lol:

As much as I love Steve Perry, I never knew that his solo album caused beef with Journey, but it really is like another Journey album - Whenever Journey tour by the way, Perry still gets paid. He had that written in whatever contract he signed for his resignation that he'd still take a percentage of tours/album sales. I think that rattled Schon a little bit in recent years when Perry declined his advances in regards to working together. again 

Will drop some more comments once I finish this episode, and hopefully by then I'll have recovered from that pronunciation of Celtic :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dean said:

I never managed to get through all of Episode 1 last week, so finished the remainder of it this morning and now onto episode 2 and I have never went from laughing to having a near stroke from you knowing I'm from across the pond with the use of the word 'daft', to you pronouncing a hard C for Celtic (Think of the Boston Celtics and Tom Sellick!) :lol::lol::lol:

As much as I love Steve Perry, I never knew that his solo album caused beef with Journey, but it really is like another Journey album - Whenever Journey tour by the way, Perry still gets paid. He had that written in whatever contract he signed for his resignation that he'd still take a percentage of tours/album sales. I think that rattled Schon a little bit in recent years when Perry declined his advances in regards to working together. again 

Will drop some more comments once I finish this episode, and hopefully by then I'll have recovered from that pronunciation of Celtic :lol:

Damn damn damn!! I really thought I was right on that pronunciation! I actually DIDN'T pronounce it like "Boston Celtics" because I didn't want you to think "stupid American, thinks everything is pronounced like the NBA" haha. I will put myself on blast for this during the next episode lol. 

Thanks again always for listening and the comment :)

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Damn damn damn!! I really thought I was right on that pronunciation! I actually DIDN'T pronounce it like "Boston Celtics" because I didn't want you to think "stupid American, thinks everything is pronounced like the NBA" haha. I will put myself on blast for this during the next episode lol. 

Thanks again always for listening and the comment :)

Haha, I get where you're coming from as both Scotland and Ireland are both steeped in C(k)eltic history, so anyone not familiar with football in this side of the world may assume it is the hard c!

That said, if you can somehow translate this into English, there's some of us that are just as bad! :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...