"Cancel Culture" Opinions?

RussTCB

24 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Worried about how it'll shape and stifle the future of art? Sure, I mean, as a civilization and species we are probably doomed lol - or we aren't and things will work out eventually.

Religion is a root cause for what you're talking about imo. Deeply imbeding the elevation of irrational religious nonsense to the same or greater importance than wisdom, facts and reality and also shielding it from critical thinking so it can continue to cling to life like a parasite has set a massively damaging possibly irreversible psychological impact and precedent throughout all facets of society from art to politics. You don't have to be right you just have to feel right. Many people don't understand critical thinking. They don't understand that everyone is entitled to an opinion but no one is entitled to a good/valid opinion, that must be earned.

LOL, religion has little to nothing to do with it. 

• Like 3

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I know it well enough that I last saw that character in two pieces falling down a chute. 

EVERYONE who's fallen down a shoot in Star Wars comes back.

Did you know that Mace Windu is making his "Back form that fall into a pit" return as well!

(Also, you need to watch Clone Wars)

2 minutes ago, soon said:

EVERYONE who's fallen down a shoot in Star Wars comes back.

Did you know that Mace Windu is making his "Back form that fall into a pit" return as well!

(Also, you need to watch Clone Wars)

I'd rather watch the entirety of Geordie Shore.

2 hours ago, soon said:

Trump and MAGAs are the epicentre of cancel culture. They want to cancel immigration from "Shit hole Countries." And they already canceled thinking and facts.

There's a reason Trumpers are referred to as the silent majority.  Don't try to flip the script.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'd rather watch the entirety of Geordie Shore.

No idea what this is.

Just now, Swampfox said:

There's a reason Trumpers are referred to as the silent majority.  Don't try to flip the script.

No idea what this is. 

1 minute ago, soon said:

No idea what this is.

No idea what this is. 

It is much like Star Wars actually. Very like it. In both we see orange skinned aliens speaking in unintelligible gibberish whilst attempting to mate. The Mos Eisley cantina scene is basically The Bigg Market on a Friday evening.

6 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

It's not that hard to understand.  Trump supporters have felt cancel culture more than anyone.  Try walking around with a MAGA hat on for one day.

It's because you want to cancel people in the following manner:

- Lock her up

- Cancel asylum seekers

- Cancel democratic customs and norms

- Cancel accountability for sexual assault (Grab em by the pussy)

- "Fake News"

- Cancelling a reporters press credentials to the white house (lost hard on that one! :lol:)

- Etc, listing what all reasonable people already know is a waste of time.

Please dont hesitate to let me know what parts of this you are struggling to understand. Thanks, Swampbutt.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is much like Star Wars actually. Very like it. In both we see orange skinned aliens speaking in unintelligible gibberish whilst attempting to mate. The Mos Eisley cantina scene is basically The Bigg Market on a Friday evening.

Oh, Jersey Shore! 

I was just thinking - Didn't Luke's Light Sabre even come back after a fall into a chute? :lol: Or am I remembering that wrong?

Edited by soon

3 minutes ago, soon said:

It's because you want to cancel people in the following manner:

- Lock her up

- Cancel asylum seekers

- "Fake News"

- Cancelling a reporters press credentials to the white house (lost hard on that one! :lol:)

Please dont hesitate to let me know what parts of this you are struggling to understand. Thanks, Swampbutt.

Oh, Jersey Shore! 

I was just thinking - Didn't Luke's Light Sabre even come back after a fall into a chute? :lol: Or am I remembering that wrong?

No. I stated Geordie Shore. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, soon said:

It's because you want to cancel people in the fowling manner:

- Lock her up

- Cancel asylum seekers

- "Fake News"

Clinton should be in prison for her crimes, asylum seekers should claim asylum in the first country they enter, new normal sucks, locker room talk, CNN is fake news, that reporter is a fraud, calling me names is really cool and funny.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Did you read what I said? Did you watch that video?

I've already justified what I said. If you disagree, okay, but I find that baffling.

Yes, I read what you said. I'm in a loud environment, so I didn't watch the video. 

The gist of what you said is "religion doesn't allow free thinking". You're welcome to your opinion on that, but it doesn't change the fact that I can't think of anything in the past 10 years that has been "cancelled" in the name of religion.

• Like 1

If one thinks twice about speaking their mind because it might harm others, I salute them. Step two would seem to be getting better thoughts. I'm confused about the part about being angry at others because of ones own personal growth.

Edited by soon

16 minutes ago, soon said:

If one thinks twice about speaking their mind because it might harm others, I salute them. Step two would seem to be getting better thoughts. I'm confused about the part of being angry at others because of ones own personal growth.

Thinking twice about what you're thinking is one thing. Of course that's a great way to go about life or at least IMO it is. 

Having to constantly monitor every single thing that crosses your mind because someone somewhere might be offended by it or just claim they're offended by it are two totally different things. 

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Thinking twice about what you're thinking is one thing. Of course that's a great way to go about life or at least IMO it is. 

Having to constantly monitor every single thing that crosses your mind because someone somewhere might be offended by it or just claim they're offended by it are two totally different things. 

That is, by description, self imposed. No?

1 hour ago, soon said:

Step two would seem to be getting better thoughts.

Orwellian comments like this are the problem. The leftwaffe refuse to countenance the existence of an opinion that is different from their own, be that climate, Trump, Brexit, BLM: an opinion that is different is merely seen as a product of an ''uneducated'' mind, that has been produced in error and demands correction through 'reeducation''. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Orwellian comments like this are the problem. The leftwaffe refuse to countenance the existence of an opinion that is different from their own, be that climate, Trump, Brexit, BLM: an opinion that is different is merely seen as a product of an ''uneducated'' mind, that has been produced in error and demands correction through 'reeducation''. 

Im sorry to hear that people of your persuasion are opposed to "better thoughts" :lol:

It does go far in explaining some things. So thank you for admitting to that. :lol:

Im always on the look out for better thoughts. So your bizarre and confusing assertions about my beliefs seem unfounded, to say the least. :lol:

Just now, soon said:

Im sorry to hear that people of your persuasion are opposed to "better thoughts" :lol:

It does go far in explaining some things. So thank you for admitting to that. :lol:

Im always on the look out for better thoughts. So your bizarre and confusing assertions about my beliefs seem unfounded, to say the least. :lol:

Who is the arbitrator of these ''better thoughts''? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Religion is the supreme overlord of cancelling people, cultures and thought and I think it's fair to say this has consequences in society that go way beyond the irritation people like me feel and it sets a very real precedent. Look at it this way, if religion never existed and instead critical thinking was always paramount and this attitude had been ingrained into society for thousands of years instead, do you think the world we're in now would be different? Do you think something like "cancel culture" would have less or more chance to exist?

I can't think of an example like the Pope cancelling Ringo but what about the negative influences of the Bible belt, all the shit that happens in the name of religion all over the world even to this day.

I cannot say something like "Believing that 2000 years ago a zombie who was the son of himself etc is fucking ridiculous." without immediately being condemned as at best an arrogant loudmouth. I'd lose my job if I said stuff like that even in a joking manner at the workplace. That's not cancel culture?

There's no way to prove the argument that we would or would not have cancel culture if religion had never existed. It's your opinion that we wouldn't have it without religion and again, you're welcome to that opinion, but it doesn't make it a fact. 

Don't get me wrong. I totally agree some heinous, terrible things have occurred in the name of religion. I'm not debating that. However, what I'm saying is that cancel culture can't be blamed only on religion IMO. 

Your last example is something most companies would view as discrimination, which could be applied to many other things outside of religion.