Russian Politics

downzy

Fierce Putin critic and possible political rival was found poisoned and is fighting for his life on an ICU.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/another-putin-foe-is-felled-the-west-must-respond/2020/08/20/8dfd02e2-e2ed-11ea-b69b-64f7b0477ed4_story.html?hpid=hp_save-opinions-float-right-4-0_opinion-card-a-right%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Just a reminder that Russia under Putin's rule is not our friend.  

9 minutes ago, downzy said:

But then he loses his place in the Putin fanclub.

b4a5cc08-69b8-4fe0-969a-b2f8045bc62b?fit

I’m pretty sure that #peepeetape is getting dropped the moment Fuckface is out of office. :lol: 

As soon as Trump is no longer useful to Putin he’s done. 

Are we to assume he couldn’t afford a decent printer back in 2007 after all his bankruptcies too? 

Looks like Don Jr. printed it with a potato or Eric as he’s better known. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Just so you know the 1980s called and they want their foreign policy  back ;)

So you feel we should be friends with countries who use death and violence to silence and suppress their political opponents?  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, downzy said:

So you feel we should be friends with countries who use death and violence to silence and suppress their political opponents?  

Actually I  think we should let them  take over foreign soil like Crimea.

I am more concerned with a country like Iran or China which are bigger threats than Russia.
Russia is a dying state and Putin is popular there  he has a 59% last check. So not much we can do if anything. 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

13 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Mitt Romney deserves an apology from

the Dems.

I do agree that Romney was correct in his assessment looking back and where we are now.

It was definitely something the Obama administration should have paid more attention to.  

6 minutes ago, downzy said:

I do agree that Romney was correct in his assessment looking back and where we are now.

It was definitely something the Obama administration should have paid more attention to.  

I look back at it and I see the foreign policy hawks in congress and the DNC  and RNC establishment who are screeching about Russia now. Turned a blind eye in 2012. 

It's the most ironic thing in american politics. Although I am not a fan of Foreign intervention of any kind. The Politicians screech about election interference and rightfully so but lets not forget the Middle East and Latin American policy of the cold war. 

Latin American Country: Hey US we just democratically elected this leader you cool with that?

America: Nah we sending the CIA to overthrow your elected officials

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

When has the US not been allied with regimes that do this?

That's not an excuse to add more.

Look, I get that the U.S. has a bad track record, particularly with its relations in the middle east. 

But the Putin fandom amongst some Americans is extremely misplaced.  Authoritarianism should be rejected and fought.  Efforts should be made to loosen America's ties to nations like Saudia Arabia, not to improve them with states like Russia.  

1 hour ago, Silverburst80 said:

Donald Trumps signature looks like a childs drawing of a forest.

HAHA, yep. As far as I remember he changed his signature, so that the 3 tallest spikes in his signature represent that, at the time, Republicans had taken the 3 branches of government. lol

Seems like anyone who speaks against Putin gets killed or a mysterious illness. It's his country and he won't give it up without taking out the competition.

22 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Saudi Arabia is a big one.

Yeah, and why this country? Do we get our oil from them? You know some of the terrorists that took out the towers were from SA. I don't get it? They don't treat their people any better than other Arab nations.

It has to be about money. It always is.

23 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Actually I  think we should let them  take over foreign soil like Crimea.

I am more concerned with a country like Iran or China which are bigger threats than Russia.
Russia is a dying state and Putin is popular there  he has a 59% last check. So not much we can do if anything. 

Add North Korea to that list too.

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Seems like anyone who speaks against Putin gets killed or a mysterious illness. It's his country and he won't give it up without taking out the competition.

Yeah, and why this country? Do we get our oil from them? You know some of the terrorists that took out the towers were from SA. I don't get it? They don't treat their people any better than other Arab nations.

It has to be about money. It always is.

It is about oil. Also the keep the Iranan mullahs in check.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...