Cyberpunk 2077

RussTCB

Found a Steam code for £38 which is just about all the excuse I need to pick it up. Pre-load starts on Monday for PC so I've have it ready to play on day one.

XBoxers can download it from today.

Edited by Dazey

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

I just purchased a Series S to replace my old Xbone so I was thinking Cyberpunk might be a lovely introduction to my next gen library.

How is it? Have you seen the developer mode on it where you can play PS2 and GameCube games?

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

How is it? Have you seen the developer mode on it where you can play PS2 and GameCube games?

I haven't received it yet (just ordered it last night after debating on it for a few days), but I am definitely going to give developer mode a go! It looks like the PS2 emulation is already very playable, and the Gamecube looked impressive as well. N64 is apparently extremely smooth except for GoldenEye. Figures. :lol:

22 hours ago, Dazey said:

Found a Steam code for £38 which is just about all the excuse I need to pick it up. Pre-load starts on Monday for PC so I've have it ready to play on day one.

XBoxers can download it from today.

Wait, really?? I'm on Xbox One X and haven't seen a way to download it. I pre ordered digitally, so I assume it would show up somewhere if it's available, right? 

33 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wait, really?? I'm on Xbox One X and haven't seen a way to download it. I pre ordered digitally, so I assume it would show up somewhere if it's available, right? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.trueachievements.com/n44167/cyberpunk-2077-preload-xbox

Obviously you can’t play it until Wednesday but you can at least have it installed and ready to go. 

Ordered my PC copy this morning. Excited! 

Edited by Dazey

I promised myself I wouldn’t buy and play this game until I’ve cleared a few previously purchased games I haven’t played yet. Particularly Witcher 3.

So I’m hopeful it lives up to the hype and by spring I can pick this up on a deal.  

51 minutes ago, Dazey said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.trueachievements.com/n44167/cyberpunk-2077-preload-xbox

Obviously you can’t play it until Wednesday but you can at least have it installed and ready to go. 

Ordered my PC copy this morning. Excited! 

Ah, ok. I was confused for a minute. I did the digital pre-order so I think mine should be installing now. I'm pumped to play whenever we can :)

Early reviews say it's an amazing game but an absolute mess technically. Absolutely full of bugs apparently but there's supposedly a 40 plus gig patch coming on day one so hopefully they can fix much of what's wrong with it before anybody notices.

7 hours ago, Dazey said:

Early reviews say it's an amazing game but an absolute mess technically. Absolutely full of bugs apparently but there's supposedly a 40 plus gig patch coming on day one so hopefully they can fix much of what's wrong with it before anybody notices.

I saw a lot of that info today. I'm really hoping that Day 1 patch fixes the bugs the reviewers dealt with. 

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I got a new 55 inch 4k TV (my previous TV was 10 years old) and have it preloaded on my Xbone 

I am excited

Nice. I went from zero interest in this two weeks ago to being fully invested lol.

I have a lot of house work / promotional work to do today and I'm loading up stuff for tomorrow and the next day too so I can sit and play the living shit out of this without interruption once it's live. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

Hate to rain on everyone's parade but Polygon and Kotaku say its not very inclusive and offensive. :lol:

To be honest that doesn't really bother me all that much, I just find it unnecessary. I read the first few paragraphs of the Polygon review and gave up. I do wish that people would just review a game once in a while without getting all political. I was listening to a retro gaming podcast recently and they spent first fifteen minutes going on about trans representation in The Crying Game. :lol:  

Edited by Dazey

On 12/8/2020 at 10:46 AM, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

Hate to rain on everyone's parade but Polygon and Kotaku say its not very inclusive and offensive. :lol:

20 hours ago, Dazey said:

To be honest that doesn't really bother me all that much, I just find it unnecessary. I read the first few paragraphs of the Polygon review and gave up. I do wish that people would just review a game once in a while without getting all political. I was listening to a retro gaming podcast recently and they spent first fifteen minutes going on about trans representation in The Crying Game. :lol:  

My favorite review so far has been Gamespot where the woman gave it 7 / 10, then did another video basically saying she didn't even play the game all that much.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

My favorite review so far has been Gamespot where the woman gave it 7 / 10, then did another video basically saying she didn't even play the game all that much.

How long until you can play Russ? It doesn't unlock until midnight tonight for me so I'll not get to play until tomorrow after work for any length of time.

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Played about 3 hours today on an OG Xbone. Idk why people are trashing the visuals, they look incredible still. I can tell it was designed for better hardware, but so far it's getting the job done. It's very cinematic

It does look really great. I’m getting about 40-50 FPS with all ray tracing effects turned on and they look incredible. Might be time for a graphics card upgrade. I only played about half an hour though. Stupid UK time zone. 

Edited by Dazey