Unbelievable voice of Axl in 2010.

In 2010 Axl somehow sounded BETTER than 90's and even on some moments, on par with 85-87 era.

What happened to Axl in 2010? Is it really now possible that he could sound like this ever again? 

He was 48 in 2010. Not really young either. But did AMAZING.

Edited by Powerage5
Removed unofficial YT video.
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, onurbayrak.123 said:

In 2010 Axl somehow sounded BETTER than 90's and even on some moments, on par with 85-87 era.

What happened to Axl in 2010? Is it really now possible that he could sound like this ever again? 

He was 48 in 2010. Not really young either. But did AMAZING.

I think Axl could still sing like 2010 if he would train regularly by coaches just like any professional singer does. 

However many people in this forum believe that 'he is doing alright and they've apparently enjoyed his vocals in 2022 shows'.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I think Axl could still sing like 2010 if he would train regularly by coaches just like any professional singer does. 

However many people in this forum believe that 'he is doing alright and they've apparently enjoyed his vocals in 2022 shows'.

He s doing fine. For sure. But compred to the Axl Rose we know, he is bad.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Cosmo said:

This is what it would take for me to see GnR live again: Axl singing like 2010 or 2006 and a dynamic setlist that differs from the usual nostalgia act.

Then your never going to be seeing them again, because that Axl vocally is gone. 2016 was like the last burst of the old embers. 

Listening back whilst his voice wasn't perfect with Guns (though with Ac/DC it probably was pretty close) in 2016 the difference between then and now, even when Axl sings well for 2022, is night and day, in terms of tone/rasp/range.

9 minutes ago, koldbeer2 said:

Then your never going to be seeing them again, because that Axl vocally is gone. 2016 was like the last burst of the old embers. 

Listening back whilst his voice wasn't perfect with Guns (though with Ac/DC it probably was pretty close) in 2016 the difference between then and now, even when Axl sings well for 2022, is night and day, in terms of tone/rasp/range.

Just to add, I’m absolutely positive if there wasn’t for AC/DC, he could have sustained the good level for years on (although the lengthy and unnecessary touring of the same GNR material didn’t help either). Not exactly in the same quality as 2016 (and definitely not 2010 etc.), but surely better than now. After all, we heard what he was actually capable of when he did the AC/DC thing. Then again, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and the guys were his heroes, so it’s understandable that he did it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Do you, or anyone here, know categorically that he doesn't? Not calling you out personally, but it appears to be taken as fact despite Axl mentioning working with a vocal coach in one of his latest Twitter posts.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I think Axl had a lot of fun on the "front end" (i.e. 2009-11) of the 2009-14 era. Chinese was finally out, and there were plans forming for "CD II", etc. Meanwhile the band was seemingly going w/more of a "Classic"-vibe live, snd he was getting a kick (IMHO) out of having Dj involved. Lots of SA/Int'l touring where they were still very well-received too.

Anyway- have always thought 2010 just caught him in a good moment in time- and his singing reflected it. 

Listening to the body he sang with in 2010 Vs the latest shows I would say Axl has lost the majority of what he had on the high register. It used to have weight, now he can still hit that high note but he can't shake the room with it. 

Yeah he can get that voice back to a degree, but the voice with age comes with diminishing returns especially singing that style. Not saying he's old so you should expect weak vocals though.

I also thought he sounded decent on a few nights of the 2022 Euro tour, but of course it's decent for 2022! It would be a fairly meh show from 2012 in reality.

Hoping he keeps working with his coach over the break and comes back even stronger for the next leg... But expectations are where they should be with anything like that😄