08/24/23 - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field

downzy

6 minutes ago, k12 said:

Other shows they dropped the pits to $150 the day of the show, looks like they are not doing it for Wrigley, maybe it is a ticketmaster thing as Wrigley is not sold on ticketmaster

Ticketmaster is the affiliate despite it being a Wrigley Field show. They did drop floor seats from $300+ to whatever it is now, in the hundred+ range . Maybe there aren’t that many pit left.

2 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

They say this a lot and it means nothing in terms of surprises.

Chris, any chance you can tell me what time show starts? I’m in Wisconsin didn’t buy tix yet but considering…would be a 3 hour drive I’m off work at 5. If concert starts at 7:30 I may be able to make it. 

28 minutes ago, k12 said:

Other shows they dropped the pits to $150 the day of the show, looks like they are not doing it for Wrigley, maybe it is a ticketmaster thing as Wrigley is not sold on ticketmaster

It’s super odd since last time they played Wrigley the pit was dirt cheap. Maybe they know now that fans have wisened up and they want to direct ticket sales to seats to make the park look fuller.

Edited by Stryker
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, jman2000 said:

Chris, any chance you can tell me what time show starts? I’m in Wisconsin didn’t buy tix yet but considering…would be a 3 hour drive I’m off work at 5. If concert starts at 7:30 I may be able to make it. 

Honestly I’m not sure. It was just me guessing if doors are 5:30 and Pretenders 6, GNR around 7 or 730.

1 hour ago, k12 said:

Got my MetLife tickets last week this way! 11am morning of the show, dropped from $395 to $149

I’d be surprised if Guns hit the stage anytime before 7:30PM.

Also since they’re where The Spaghetti Incident happened, I think it’d be cool if they played a song from it. My pick would be the following (impressive amount of views for what is kind of a forgotten GNR cover):

https://youtu.be/IYOYlqOitDA?si=WWc7L649767KUItU

or if they really wanted to have fun:

Edited by Martin Riggs