08/24/23 - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field

downzy

7 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I have a feeling due to the heat, we’ll unfortunately get a shorter set list. I hope I’m wrong. 

They played for three hours in Athens and it was probably hotter (near 40 degrees Celsius, I believe it's over 100 degrees F). It was also quite hot in some other European cities they played.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Yeah, it was soundchecked, not on alt setlist.

That's just what one dude who worked at catering for the Abu Dhabi show said. There's no proof.

There were more people that day listening to soundcheck and none of those people said they heard Bad Apples.

16 minutes ago, Dummy said:

They haven't played it for a couple of shows but i have no  idea. If they play a long song like coma or locomotive i think that they'll play locomotive

I think it's the other way around, Locomotive seems to be the exception and Coma the mainstay

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Thank goodness it’s awful. Didn’t feel like worrying about getting one. With this heat and GA tickets. Each Wrigley shows I was really, really expecting/hoping for a baseball theme. They went with Big League Chew last time. How do you not use the ivy, the brick, the marquee, etc? United Center show has a great one (Michael Jordan inspired).

I don't want to be pessimist or the NA Fans but I think the shaken setlists died in Europe, I think there are more strict curfews on USA than in Europe and that means they have less time normally.

I think the probability of getting Twat, Locomotive this kind of things is so low at this point 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

I don't want to be pessimist or the NA Fans but I think the shaken setlists died in Europe, I think there are more strict curfews on USA than in Europe and that means they have less time normally.

I think the probability of getting Twat, Locomotive this kind of things is so low at this point 

This just isn’t true. If they go on at 7:30 tonight, that’s three and a half hours till hard stop. I saw them play nearly three hours at the United Center in 2017. If they cut bangers like “Locomotive,” it’s definitely not due to curfew. 

16 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

image.thumb.png.2b1dee9fbe5c21fb83b37978a4c609a9.png

15 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Thank goodness it’s awful. Didn’t feel like worrying about getting one. With this heat and GA tickets. Each Wrigley shows I was really, really expecting/hoping for a baseball theme. They went with Big League Chew last time. How do you not use the ivy, the brick, the marquee, etc? United Center show has a great one (Michael Jordan inspired).

I dig it actually lol. Much better than the hideous Boston one I passed on

8 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

They’ve done five shows in Chicago since NITL. Three of the five lithographs have been mafia-themed. There is so much culture and history in Chicago. Mafia theme is disappointingly lazy. But it saves me money. And I don’t have any more wall space. 

That’s a good point. Both 2016 ones were Mafia themed (I have the second one). The MJ one was super cool. If I went to that show or was from Chicago I would have def gotten one

11 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Luckily there’s still PTU, BO, AG and Perhaps to consistently shake it up. I think Hard Skool and RL were rare last USA tour, too

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

This just isn’t true. If they go on at 7:30 tonight, that’s three and a half hours till hard stop. I saw them play nearly three hours at the United Center in 2017. If they cut bangers like “Locomotive,” it’s definitely not due to curfew. 

I am just being sincere, normally in Europe things tend to be more shaken than in the NA Tour where they normally play smaller sets and there is no rotation at all. I can 99% assure you that in this NA leg we will not find 2 of these songs at the same show: Twat, Locomotive, Prostitute, Madagascar, My Michelle, Catcher, Sorry... And I am saying this because they normally have less time to perform and they do an standard setlist with only 1 addition at the most, even more there are times where they have to cut Patience which is considered a hit.

On the other side, Europe never gets any new song at first while NA has had It lots of times, I am talking since 2021.

19 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

I am just being sincere, normally in Europe things tend to be more shaken than in the NA Tour where they normally play smaller sets and there is no rotation at all. I can 99% assure you that in this NA leg we will not find 2 of these songs at the same show: Twat, Locomotive, Prostitute, Madagascar, My Michelle, Catcher, Sorry... And I am saying this because they normally have less time to perform and they do an standard setlist with only 1 addition at the most, even more there are times where they have to cut Patience which is considered a hit.

On the other side, Europe never gets any new song at first while NA has had It lots of times, I am talking since 2021.

I’m not trying to be argumentative in the least. But from your list, I saw them play “There was a Time,” “Madagascar,” “My Michelle” and “Sorry” all at the same show in Chicago, 2017. One of my favorite GNR gigs I ever attended. 

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

I’m not trying to be argumentative in the least. But from your list, I saw them play “There was a Time,” “Madagascar,” “My Michelle” and “Sorry” all at the same show in Chicago, 2017. One of my favorite GNR gigs I ever attended. 

What I want to say is that nowadays they probably are not doing this anymore just by how they are doing things right now, about your show It's totally incredible that they just play all of this, If only I was there I would have enjoyed It a lot, I think there are not a lot of shows with these amount of ''rare'' songs so you were very fortunate to be there😁

4 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

What I want to say is that nowadays they probably are not doing this anymore just by how they are doing things right now, about your show It's totally incredible that they just play all of this, If only I was there I would have enjoyed It a lot, I think there are not a lot of shows with these amount of ''rare'' songs so you were very fortunate to be there😁

I’m bummed they seem to have dropped “Pretty Tied Up” as a staple. There have been some shows this recent Euro leg where there are six to eight songs in the set I’ve never heard live. Tonight I’m hoping for “Catcher,” “Bad Obsession,” “PTU,” “Reckless,” “Hard Skool,” and “Perhaps” among others.  

• Like 2